Air Fryer Avocado Toast is one of the tastiest 🤤 and easiest breakfasts. With mainly three ingredients, it’s ready in under 10 minutes. Fry it, to believe it!
There are no rules when making avocado on toast. You can pick your favorite type of bread. Mine is brioche, but you could also opt for a low-carb one if you want a healthier alternative.
Mashing or slicing your avocado is also up to you. Mashing incorporates the seasonings much better, but the latter also works.
Avocado Toast Air Fryer Recipe Ingredients
- Your favorite loaf of bread
- Garlic (optional)
You typically need three ingredients when making Air Fryer Avocado Toast: a loaf of bread, avocado, and salt. Pepper, garlic, and butter are entirely optional.
💡 Pro Tip: While you can make avo on toast with just a few ingredients, adding butter and garlic to your bread takes your breakfast meal to the next level.
Don’t want to read?
Watch this Air Fryer Avocado Toast recipe video, ASMR style.
How to Cook Avocado Toast in Air Fryer
Step #1: Spread the butter onto your bread.
First off, spread the butter on your bread generously.
Step #2: Air fry your buttered bread slices.
Then air fry your bread for 4 – 7 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC) until it turns golden brown.
We didn’t preheat the air fryer in this recipe. If you preheated yours, check it after cooking for 4 minutes.
💡Pro Tip: For more flavor, you can rub garlic onto the toast.
📝 Note: I used a 6-quart air fryer to make this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on the type of your air fryer. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time, and add 1-2 more minutes until you’re satisfied with the finish.
Step #3: Prepare your avocado.
You can either mash or slice your avocado.
Should you choose to mash your avocado, add salt and pepper while mixing. You can also add lime juice or lemon juice to add flavor and prevent discoloration (oxidation).
If you like it sliced, you can fan the avocado onto the toast, then sprinkle your seasoning on top.
Step #4: Spread mashed avocado onto the toast generously.
Step #5: Serve and enjoy!
Now, all that’s left is for you to enjoy this tasty breakfast treat 😋.
Avocado easily spoils, so it’s best to eat it right away.
What is the Best Bread for Avocado Toast?
Arguably, sourdough bread is the best to use for avocado toast, but any bread will do. You can use brioche, whole wheat bread, french bread, or whatever is currently available in your house. Even buns will do.
By the way, if you opt for a brioche bread (or any butter-rich bread), you can skip adding butter.
My Go-To Avo on Toast Seasoning
My favorite seasoning for sliced avocado is ‘everything but the bagel’ from Trader Joe’s. It’s quite addicting, to be honest!
Air Fryer Avocado Toast FAQs
Can I use an air fryer to toast bread?
Yes, you can toast bread slices in your air fryer. On average, you need to cook your bread slices for 4 minutes at 400°F (204ºC). Check out our air-fried avocado toast recipe.
Easy Air Fryer Avocado Toast
- 2 slices loaf bread
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 1 avocado
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cooked egg sunny side up or poached (optional)
- Butter up: Spread the softened butter onto one side of your bread.
- Air fry bread slices: Add the slices of bread into your air fryer and cook for 4 – 7 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC). (see note 1) After air frying, immediately remove the bread slices from the air fryer. (see note 2)
- Prepare the avocado: Slice open the avocado and remove the pit.2. Remove the fruit from the skin with a spoon and place it in a bowl. 3. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Then, mash the avocado until they’re… well, mushy. (see notes 3 & 4)
- Spread avocado: Spread and portion mashed avocado onto the toast.
- Serve: Serve and enjoy!
- There’s no need to preheat your air fryer. Also, please ensure that the slices of bread are laid flat, with no overlapping pieces. So usually, for small air fryers, only two will fit, whereas the rest may have space for four or more.
- It’s easier to spread softened butter. You can do this by placing your butter at room temperature before making this recipe. Or you can also microwave it for 15 seconds at 30% power.
- To add more flavor to your toast, you can cut a clove of garlic in half. Then using the exposed side of the garlic, rub the face of the bread to incorporate that lovely garlicky taste.
- Adding lemon or lime juice to your mashed avocado prevents discoloration. It will ensure your avocado will remain fresh and appetizing for longer.
- If you didn’t add citrus to your avocado, it’s best to eat it immediately. Otherwise, you’ll end up with a brownish unappetizing breakfast.
- If you don’t want to mash the avocado, you can slice them lengthwise and fan on the bread. Then, top it off with salt and pepper or perhaps the Everything But the Bagel seasoning!
- I used a 6-quart air fryer to make this recipe. Cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time. Continue air frying until you achieve your desired finish.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making the Avocado Toast Air Fryer recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!