Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs are as addictingly-delicious as they sound—the ultimate fusion of savory and smokiness! 🤯 Fry it to believe it!
There’s something undeniably irresistible about the combination of hot dogs and bacon: the salty, crispy bacon adds a heavenly crunch, while the succulent hotdog brings a satisfying meaty bite.
Now, here’s the best part: preparing these air fryer bacon-wrapped hot dogs couldn’t be easier. With just 2 ingredients and your trusty air fryer, you’ll have a crowd-pleasing treat ready in no time.
You can enjoy them as they are, dip them in your favorite condiments, or even turn them into a proper hot dog sandwich. You only need some relish, ketchup, mayo, mustard, and your favorite hot dog bun.
So, roll up your sleeves, fire up that air fryer, and get ready to unleash a burst of mouthwatering flavors that will have everyone asking for seconds. This recipe is as simple as it is delicious, so we guess you’ll just have to…fry it to believe it 😉
Table of Contents
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs Ingredients
For this recipe, you’ll need (you guessed it):
- Bacon (thin-cut)
We have also included a list of optional add-ons/toppings, like:
- Hotdog buns
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
But we wouldn’t blame you for eating these delicious dogs plain!
How to Cook Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs in the Air Fryer?
These bacon-wrapped hot dogs are so quick to make, we don’t think you’ll ever make a hot dog without bacon again! In less than 20 minutes, your bacon dogs will be crisp and ready to enjoy!
1. Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (177°C).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 350°F (177°C) and then let it cook for 2-3 minutes without food.
It’s highly recommended to preheat your air fryer to prevent overcooking the hot dog and for a more accurate cooking time.
2. Wrap the hot dogs with thinly-sliced bacon strips.
Pat the hot dogs dry so that the bacon will stick to them more easily. Then, wrap each dog in a strip of bacon so that the whole hot dog is covered in bacon.
🤩 Pro Tip: Cover the hot dogs as much as possible to prevent them from overcooking.
3. Air fry bacon-wrapped hot dogs for 12-15 minutes.
When the air fryer is preheated, add the bacon-wrapped dogs in a single layer and air fryer for about 6-7 minutes. Flip, then continue to air fry until the bacon is crispy and browned, about another 6-7 minutes.
Note: We tested cooking the bacon-wrapped hot dogs at 400°F (204°C) for a faster cooking time. However, the exposed hot dogs were getting burnt before the bacon could achieve a golden brown finish.
I used a 6-quart air fryer to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
4. Serve and enjoy your air fried bacon wrapped hot dogs.
When your hot dogs are hot and crispy, remove from the air fryer and transfer to a plate. Serve immediately with toppings/sauces of your choice!
Have you heard of a Sonoran hot dog? Originating in the Mexican state of Sonora, a Sonoran hot dog is a bacon-wrapped hot dog, grilled and served on a bolillo-style bun with pinto beans, onions, tomatoes, mayonnaise, mustard, and even sometimes salsa!
These sandwiches are extremely popular in southern Arizona cities like Phoenix and Tucson, and people come from all over the country and the world to have an authentic Sonoran hot dog!
Now that you have the perfect recipe for quick and easy bacon-wrapped hot dogs, grab the other toppings and indulge in a Mexican classic!
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: Allow the air fryer bacon wrapped hot dogs to cool completely before adding to an airtight container or zip top bag and storing in the freezer for up to 4 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then follow reheat instructions below.
Fridge: Allow the hot dogs to cool completely before adding to an airtight container or zip top bag and storing in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Reheating: Preheat the air fryer to 350°F and add the hot dogs in a single layer. Air fry, flipping halfway through, until the hot dogs are hot and the bacon is crispy, about 4-5 minutes.
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog in Air Fryer FAQs
Can you air fry a bacon-wrapped hot dog?
Yes, you can air fry bacon-wrapped hot dogs. It will take less than 15 minutes to cook.
How long do you air fry bacon wrapped hot dogs?
Typically, a bacon-wrapped hot dog will cook in the air fryer for about 12-15 minutes at 350°F (177°C). Cooking at a higher temperature will burn the hot dogs.
How many calories are there in a single bacon wrapped hot dog?
On average, a bacon-wrapped hot dog can range from approximately 200 to 300 calories per serving. It’s important to consider the specific brands and types of bacon, hot dogs, and other ingredients used, as well as the portion size, to get a more accurate estimation of the calorie content.
Effortless Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- 5 slices bacon thin-cut
- 5 large hot dogs
- 5 hot dog buns
- 2 tablespoons relish
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (177°C).
- Take a slice of bacon and wrap it around a hot dog, starting at one end and overlapping the bacon slightly as you wrap. Repeat the process until all the hot dogs have been wrapped.
- Air fry bacon wrapped hot dogs: Place the bacon-wrapped dogs carefully onto the preheated air fryer. Make sure they are not touching each other. Cook for 12-15 minutes until golden brown, flipping halfway through.
- Serve your air fryer bacon wrapped hot dog! You can eat it as is or make a hot dog sandwich with it. Enjoy
- The best type of bacon to use for wrapping hot dogs is thin-cut bacon. It cooks faster and is easier to wrap around the hot dog.
- If you can, cover the entire hot dog with the bacon strip. It will act as a heat barrier and will prevent the hot dog from getting burnt. You can make your bacon strip longer by stretching it out.
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 350°F (177°C) and then let it cook without food for 3-4 minutes.
- To prevent overcooking the hot dog and for a more accurate cooking time, preheating your air fryer is highly recommended.
- I used a 6-quart Instant Pot Vortex Plus to test the air fryer bacon wrapped hot dog recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making the bacon wrapped hot dog air fryer recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!