This Air Fryer Banana Donut coated with cinnamon sugar is a sweet, fluffy, bite-size treat for young ones and young-at-heart. 🤤 Fry it, to believe it!
This recipe reminds me of Dunkin Donuts’ Munchkins or Tim Horton’s Timbits. It could be more perfectly round, but it sure brings back a lot of memories.
Cinnamon Sugar Banana Donut Air Fryer Recipe Ingredients
Luckily, most of the ingredients can be found in the regular pantry and fridge, so you don’t have to go out to purchase specific components you may not have.
Here’s what you need to make the Cinnamon Sugar Air Fryer Banana Mini Donuts:
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Butter (melted)
- and of course, overripe banana
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
- Though nutmeg can your mini donuts more flavorful, you can skip it if you don’t have one.
- Other milk alternatives may also work, but soy milk is the best substitute.
ASMR Recipe Video: Air Fried Banana Donut Holes
Prefer to watch? Here’s a quick video on how to make banana donuts in your air fryer, ASMR style.
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Make Cinnamon Sugar Banana Donut Holes in an Air Fryer?
Making Banana Donut Holes in your air fryer is quite simple. The only challenge is making them perfectly round. Despite using a mold, the finished product resembled miniature muffins. Nevertheless, they still tasted delicious.
Let me know how your Banana Donuts turned out in the comments 😉.
1. Preheat the air fryer to 350ºF (177ºC) for 4 minutes.
Since we’re baking, preheating is essential. Baking is all about precision.
💡Pro Tip: If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat button, simply set the temperature to 350ºF (177ºC) and let it run for 4 minutes.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar in a large bowl.
3. Mash the banana in a small bowl.
💡Pro Tip: The best bananas to use are overripe ones. You’re minimizing food waste, and at the same time, you’re also making something that you’ll enjoy.
In case your bananas aren’t ripe yet, but you still want to make this recipe, there’s a solution.
Bake your bananas (skin on) in the air fryer or oven at 350ºF (176ºC) for 10 to 12 minutes. They should be blackened and soft on the inside.
When mashing the bananas, you can choose between two options, soft like a pudding or with lumps.
If you want the lumps, you can use a fork to do the job.
On the other hand, you can use either a food processor, a blender, or a hand mixer to mash the bananas into a finer consistency.
4. Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
In another bowl, mix the melted butter, egg, vanilla extract, and milk.
5. Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
Then, combine all the ingredients until it forms into a batter. It’s better to use a stand mixer for this process. If you don’t have one, you can also fold it with a spatula.
6. Coat the mold with melted butter.
Lightly coat the mold with melted butter to prevent the batter from sticking.
7. Scoop portions of batter into the mold.
Then using a spoon or an ice cream scooper, portion 1-1.5 inch of batter into the mold. Don’t fill it all the way up to accommodate expansion.
8. Air fry for 10 – 12 minutes at 350°F (177°C).
📝 Note: I used a 6-quart air fryer to bake these mini donuts. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on the type of air fryer. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time. Then, add 1-2 more minutes until your donut holes fully expand and turn slightly golden brown.
9. Coat the mini donuts with cinnamon sugar.
While the Air Fryer Banana Donut Holes are air frying, prepare the melted butter and cinnamon sugar.
To make cinnamon sugar, combine ⅔ cup of sugar and 1 ½ tablespoons of cinnamon.
Since we’ve already used the melted butter in the previous steps, we need to prepare some more. I usually microwave the butter for 15-30 seconds at full power.
Now let’s get back to the donut holes.
Once they are done air frying, coat it with melted butter, then cover it with cinnamon sugar.
Mix it gently to avoid spilling your cinnamon sugar.
🚨 Important! Do this step while your mini donuts are still hot. It’s easier for the butter and cinnamon sugar to stick.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Now, that’s how you make the No-Yeast Air Fryer Banana Donuts with Cinnamon Sugar!
Though I’m not a fan of overripe bananas, I find this recipe super tasty. 😋
Surprisingly, the banana flavor is too subtle.
Instead of cinnamon sugar, you can also coat it with powdered sugar, and toasted coconut.
And if you have extra time, you can also make glaze or icing. Otherwise, just skip the coating process and dip the banana donut holes in Nutella or caramel.
The Best Air Fryer
If you’ve ever questioned the reliability of your current air fryer, it’s time to meet the Instant Vortex Air Fryer – your new kitchen sidekick! Picture effortless cooking, thanks to its 6 automatic functions. PLUS, it’s dishwasher safe, making cleaning a snap. 🤩 Don’t wait, upgrade your air fryer today!
Cinnamon Sugar Air Fryer Banana Donuts FAQs
Can I make this air-fried Banana Donut Holes recipe using gluten-free flour?
Yes, you can use gluten-free flour to make this Banana Donut recipe. Simply substitute the all-purpose flour called for this recipe with an equal amount of gluten-free flour.
No-Yeast Air Fryer Banana Donut Holes with Cinnamon Sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon powder
- Preheat the air fryer to 350ºF (177ºC) for 4 minutes.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Mash the banana using a fork in a separate bowl.
- Combine the melted butter, egg, vanilla extract, and milk, and use a whisk to mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Mix the wet ingredients and banana into the dry ingredients bowl, and combine well until they’re homogenous.
- Brush the mold with melted butter to ensure the mini donuts won't stick. Using oil spray will also do the trick.
- Portion the donut hole batter into your mold or baking sheet using an ice cream scooper or a spoon. You should have about 21 donuts.
- Air Fry Donut Holes for 10 – 12 minutes at 350°F (177°C).
- Finally, baste or dip all the donuts into the melted butter. Then, place all the donuts in the cinnamon sugar and toss until fully coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat function, let it air fry or bake at 350ºF (177ºC) for 4 minutes.
- To minimize food waste, make this recipe when you have overripe bananas.
- Overripe bananas will work best for this recipe. If your bananas aren’t ripe yet, you can air fry them at 350ºF (176ºC) for 10 to 12 minutes, with the peel on.
- For a lumpy texture, use a fork to mash your bananas. Otherwise, blend your bananas for a smoother consistency.
- If you don’t have mold at home, lining your air fryer basket with parchment paper will do the trick. However, your donut holes will become flat.
- You can substitute the cinnamon sugar for other toppings, such as powdered sugar or toasted coconuts.
- If you want to save time, skip the coating process and simply dip the donuts in Nutella or whatever spread you have in your pantry.
- I used a 6-quart air fryer to make this recipe. Cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time. Continue air frying until you achieve your desired finish.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried the No Yeast Air Fryer Banana Donut with Cinnamon Sugar?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!