Nothing is more satisfying than the buttery crunch of a hot hash brown. Upgrade your morning with this Air Fryer Frozen Hash Browns! 🥰 Fry it to believe it!
Hashbrowns are one of those things typically reserved for weekend mornings. Even if you buy them frozen, they can take up to 20 minutes or more in the oven, and that doesn’t even include preheating time!
You can cut that time in half with air fryer frozen hash browns!
The air fryer, with its high-speed fan and rapid heating elements, can create that beloved fried-like texture in little to no time at all, making hash browns (or hashed browns) an easy and accessible weekday morning treat.
Level Up Your Air Fryer Frozen Hash Brown Patties
Ketchup is all you need to enjoy a freshly air fried frozen hash brown.
- Frozen hash brown patties
- Something to enjoy them with!
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
ASMR Recipe Video: Air Fried Frozen Hash Browns
Don’t have time to read? Watch this short recipe video:
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Cook Frozen Hash Browns in an Air Fryer?
Making hash browns in the air fryer takes less than 20 minutes, depending on the size of your air fryer. Keep in mind that larger air fryers, like 8-10 qt models, will take slightly longer to cook than a 4 qt or 5 qt model!
Either way, you’ll have hot, crispy hash browns on your plate perfectly in time for breakfast!
1. Open frozen hash brown patties packaging.
2. Air fry the hash brown patties for 14-16 minutes at 400ºF (204°C).
Add the frozen hash brown patties and air fry until hot and golden brown, about 14-16 minutes, flipping halfway through. No need to preheat.
👩🏼🍳 Pro Tip: If you go to flip your hash browns and they start to fall apart, allow the hash browns to continue cooking until they are sturdy enough to flip.
📝 Note: I used a 6-quart Instant Pot Vortex Plus to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
3. Serve & enjoy!
When the hash browns are fully cooked and crispy, carefully transfer them to a plate and enjoy with the condiment of your choosing!
Hash browns, like any good potato dish, pair well with so many things! Here are some of our favorite suggestions:
- Ketchup (classic)
- Mayonnaise (we prefer Kewpie brand)
- Sriracha or sriracha mayo
- Honey mustard
- Thousand island dressing (ketchup, mayo and dill relish…YUM)
Other Fun Ideas:
- On a sandwich or wrap: Something my brother started doing that I had never thought of was putting hash browns ON his breakfast sandwiches. The first time I saw him order a sandwich with a hash brown on it, my mind was blown! When I finally tried it for myself, I understood what the hype was all about! Take any sandwich, could be eggs and bacon, could be ham and swiss, and put a hot hash brown on it….Woah!
- As the base of an open-faced melt: Add some bacon pieces, an egg and cheese to the top of your hash brown and put it back into the air fryer for a minute or two, and you’ve got yourself a delicious breakfast melt!
- Cut up into a salad: Using a warm, crispy element in a chilled, leafy salad is a great way to add some diverse temperatures and textures to your meal!
Of course, you could always stick to the classic and eat them on the side of eggs. We won’t judge. 😉
The Best Frozen Hash Brown Patties
Here are some of the most popular frozen hash browns that you can add to your next breakfast.
|Ore Ida golden hash brown patties|
|Kroger seasoned hash browns|
|Trader Joe’s hash browns|
|Great Value hashbrown potato patties|
Frozen Hash Browns in Air Fryer FAQs
Can you cook frozen hashbrowns in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen hashbrowns in the air fryer. The frozen patties be ready in 14-16 minutes at 400ºF (204°C). No preheating required.
How to cook frozen hash browns in an air fryer?
To cook frozen hashbrowns in an air fryer, set the temperature to 400ºF (204°C) and air fry for 14-16 minutes until the crust becomes golden and crispy. No need to preheat.
How long does it take to cook frozen hash browns in an air fryer?
It will take 14-16 minutes to cook frozen hash brown patties in the air fryer. Follow this tutorial.
Effortless Air Fryer Frozen Hash Browns
- 6 hash browns patties frozen
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- Open the frozen hash brown packaging.
- Place the hash brown patties in the air fryer and cook it for 14-16 minutes at 400ºF (204°C), flipping halfway. Space them out for even cooking. No preheating required. Cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with a side of ketchup and enjoy.
- Some air fryers don’t count the preheating time, like the Instant Pot 6-quart that we tested this recipe with. Be sure to factor that in, when setting your cooking time to avoid overcooking your hashbrown patty.
- If you flip the hashbrowns while they are still soggy, they will break apart. Wait until they become firm before flipping them.
- To ensure optimal airflow, avoid overfilling the air fryer basket.
- I used a 6-quart Instant Pot Vortex Plus to test the air fryer frozen hash browns. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Click here to go back to detailed step-by-step instructions ↑.
Have you tried making air fryer frozen hash browns? What’s your favorite dip?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Are you on Instagram? Share your photo and tag us at @fryitco. We can’t wait to see what you’ve made!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
You can also find us on Facebook & Tiktok 🙂. See you there!
Thank you for your support!