Air fryer pepperoni chips are simply irresistible. They’re a crispy and savory bite-sized snack that pairs perfectly with this special yogurt dip. 🤯 Fry it, to believe it!
We all know that it can be hard to find a low-carb snack that is actually satisfying!
Does anyone really enjoy crunching on a raw carrot or stick of celery? Maybe some people do, but we’d prefer something a little more delicious.
How about making these crispy air fryer pepperoni chips your go-to snack when you’re craving something savory?
Pepperoni gets crispy and crunchy in the air fryer making it a fun and tasty treat, even if you’re not trying to cut carbs!
In this recipe, we crisp up some pepperoni chips in the air fryer and make a dill yogurt sauce to dip them in, creating an addicting combination of salty, crunchy, creamy and lemony.
It doesn’t get easier and the flavors are next-level!
Table of Contents
Level Up Your Air Fryer Pepperoni Chips
The ingredients needed for the pepperoni crisps are simple and easy to find at the local grocery store. You’ll need:
- Pepperoni slices
Dill Yogurt Dipping Sauce (Optional)
- Greek yogurt
- Garlic, crushed
- Lemon zest
- Lemon juice
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
You could always opt out of making the dill yogurt sauce. While it is incredibly delicious, especially with the pepperoni chips, it isn’t required in order to enjoy the chips.
Pro Tip: it is hard to hand-slice pepperoni to the thinness that works best in this recipe. For perfectly crispy chips, use pre-sliced pepperoni.
How to Cook Pepperoni Chips in an Air Fryer?
The pepperoni chips air fryer recipe is perfect for when you need a low-carb snack in a pinch, or a quick appetizer to serve friends! There’s barely any prep work at all, and the whole recipe will take you less than 10 minutes!
Oh, and did we mention kids will love it?
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it cook for 5 minutes without food.
You may also skip this step by adding 2-4 minutes to your cooking time until you achieve your desired finish.
2. Prepare the dill-yogurt dipping sauce.
In a small bowl, using a tiny whisk (just a preference but it really does make it more fun), combine the yogurt, garlic, dill, lemon zest and lemon juice. Feel free to garnish with a little extra dill and set aside.
3. Air fry the pepperoni slices for 3-4 minutes.
When the air fryer is fully preheated, add the sliced pepperoni spaced out in a single layer and air fry until crispy, about 3-4 minutes.
I used a 6-quart air fryer to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
4. Serve and enjoy your air fried pepperoni crisps!
When the chips are crispy and the oil has bubbled to the surface, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Pat the excess oil off with the paper towel and allow to cool for 3-4 minutes to give the chips time to crisp up- they will not seem as crispy straight out of the air fryer. Serve with the dipping sauce and enjoy!
These chips are next-level delicious, but don’t limit them to just being served as chips with dip! Use the yogurt dip as a salad dressing on crispy romaine and crumble the pepperoni chips on top for a cobb-style salad that’s bursting with salty, umami flavor!
Add the chips to a sandwich, too! These chips would be good on any deli meat sandwich, like sliced turkey and swiss cheese or sliced chicken with pepperjack. You could even crumble the chips into scrambled eggs for breakfast…yum!
Pepperoni Chips Air Fryer Recipe FAQs
Can you air fry pepperoni slices?
Yes, you can air fry pepperoni slices and turn it into a crispy and savory snack. You can dip it in marinara sauce or you can also try this yogurt based dip.
How long do you air fry pepperoni slices?
It only takes 3-5 minutes to air fry a layer of pepperoni slices and make them crispy. However, the cooking time will depend on the amount of pepperoni slices you’re cooking and your air fryer.
How to make pepperoni chips in an air fryer?
To make pepperoni chips in the air fryer, arrange your pepperoni slices in a single layer and cook them for 4-6 minutes at 400°F (204°C). If you preheat your air fryer, stick to a shorter cooking time of 3-5 minutes.
How to make crispy pepperoni in an air fryer?
To make crispy pepperoni slices in the air fryer, cook them in a single layer for 3-6 minutes at 400°F (204°C). Then, pat them dry with a paper towel immediately after cooking. Afterward, set them aside to cool down for 4-5 minutes. Resting time is essential for achieving crispy pepperoni chips.
5-Minute Air Fryer Pepperoni Chips +Yummy Dip!
- ½ pound pepperoni slices
Dill Yogurt Dipping Sauce (Optional)
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (204°C).
- Prepare dill-yogurt dipping sauce by combining greek yogurt, crushed garlic, finely chopped fresh dill, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Arrange the pepperoni chips in one layer, well spaced out. Then, air fry for 3-4 minutes until golden and crispy. Remove the extra oil from the pepperoni chips by patting it dry with a paper towel. Let it rest for 4-5 minutes to give it time to crisp up.
- Serve and enjoy your air fryer pepperoni chips!
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400°F (204°C) and then let it cook without food for 4-5 minutes.
- You can also skip preheating by adding 2-3 minutes to your cooking time.
- Overlapping pepperoni slices will cause an uneven texture and a longer cooking time.
- You can use an air fryer liner for easy cleanup, but make sure to add it after preheating.
- The pepperoni chips can easily get burned, so check them frequently after 3 minutes of air frying.
- I used a 6-quart Instant Pot Vortex Plus to test the air fryer pepperoni chips recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making air fryer pepperoni chips?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!