Air Fryer Egg Bites are the simple, quick and tasty breakfast on-the-go you’ve always needed! With just a few basic ingredients and your trusty air fryer, you can whip up a batch in no time. 🤩 Fry it, to believe it!
We all know that breakfast can undoubtedly be the most chaotic time in a household: the kids are getting ready for school, parents are getting ready for their day, the dog needs to get walked—and the last thing anyone wants is a labor-intensive breakfast.
It’s much easier to grab something pre-packaged and sugary than cook something healthy that’ll properly fuel you for the day!
Come in: air fryer egg bites.
Egg bites are small, delicious mini-frittatas made with eggs and the fillings of your choice!
Now, while they do require a special mold, we assure you that you’ll be more than happy with the investment.
Oh, and did we mention they’re keto-friendly?!
🍀 Bonus: We’ll also give you a list of more egg bite flavor combinations at the end of the recipe instructions.
These air fryer egg bites are the perfect thing to make in advance and then quickly microwave them on busy mornings, providing a protein—and veggie-packed breakfast that’ll give lasting energy rather than a sugar rush!
Air Fryer Egg Bites Ingredients
There are just a few ingredients needed to make these air fryer egg bites!
- Cheddar cheese
- Bell pepper
- Green onion
- Salt and pepper
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
The essential ingredients here are really just the eggs, milk (gives the bites a softer texture) and the salt. The other fillings can be swapped out if you prefer!
For example, if you’d like to make some healthy Air Fryer Turkey Bacon, you could chop that up and use it in place of the ham! The cheese and veggies are also totally customizable, so feel free to play with different combinations!
What You Need?
This silicone mold accessory is a must-have for air frying egg bites. When picking one, make sure it fits your air fryer basket.
Egg Bites Air Fryer Recipe Video
Don’t have time to read? We made this short recipe video just for you. 😉
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Make Egg Bites in the Air Fryer?
Making egg bites in the air fryer is simple, FAST, and the results are delish! In 15 minutes or less, you’ll have a plate of delicious egg bites, ready to be gobbled down before heading to the drop-off line!
1. Prepare the egg bites filling
Prep the filling ingredients by finely chopping each vegetable and the ham. The chop doesn’t have to be as small as a mince, but it should be pretty small so that all of the filling ingredients can be evenly distributed in the egg.
2. Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (177°C).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 350°F or 177°C and then let it cook for 3-4 minutes without food.
🚨 Important: Reduce the cooking temperature to 330°F (166°C) if you’re using a 4-quart air fryer or smaller. They are hotter due to the heating element being closer to the food.
3. Crack the eggs into a spouted measuring cup.
Crack the eggs into a measuring cup.
💡Pro Tip: the best way to crack eggs is on a flat surface! So crack your eggs on your counter rather than on the edge of the measuring cup to prevent eggshell from ending up inside the egg.
4. Combine all the ingredients.
Add the remaining ingredients to the measuring cup: milk, salt, pepper, cheese, the chopped veggies and the chopped ham. Whisk to evenly combine.
5. Grease the silicone mold with cooking oil.
Spray or brush the silicone egg mold with neutral cooking oil to prevent the eggs from sticking. We recommend cooking sprays that contain only the cooking oil, such as avocado oil, and no propellants.
6. Pour the egg mixture into the mold.
Carefully fill each mold halfway to allow for expansion. To ensure an even distribution of filling, use a spoon to distribute the chopped ham, cheese, and veggies.
7. Air fry egg bites for 8-10 minutes.
Carefully transfer the mold with egg mixture into the preheated air fryer. Air fry until cooked through (when a butter knife inserted into the center egg bite comes out clean), about 8-10 minutes.
I used a 6-quart air fryer to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
8. Serve your air fried egg bites warm. Enjoy!
When the air fryer egg bites have finished cooking, remove the mold from the air fryer and carefully take the egg bites off.
Serve warm with a pile of lightly-dressed greens or all on their own!
Looking for a fun breakfast sandwich idea?
Take a hot dog roll and add egg bites and some fresh greens (like baby spinach), filling up the roll.
Squeeze on your favorite condiment, like ketchup or sriracha, and you’ve got a balanced and delicious breakfast sandwich that’s perfect for breakfast on-the-go!
Fun Egg Bites Flavor Combo
Here are a few alternative egg bite flavor combinations for you to try next time: spinach and feta cheese, bacon and cheddar, ham and Swiss, mushroom and Parmesan, tomato and mozzarella, broccoli and cheddar, sausage and pepper jack, Mediterranean (olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and feta cheese), Mexican (salsa, peppers, and shredded cheese), and smoked salmon and dill.
Rest assured, the cooking time and temperature will remain largely the same. However, if you decide to include meat, please ensure that it is fully cooked beforehand.
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: When the air fried egg bites are completely cool, transfer them to a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze until solid. Then, add the egg bites to an airtight container or zip-top bag and store for up to 6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Fridge: Once the egg bites have fully cooled, transfer them to an airtight container or a zip-top bag. Store them in the refrigerator for a maximum of 4 days.
Reheating: The fastest way to reheat the egg bites without drying them out is in the microwave! Add to a microwave-safe dish and cook for 45 seconds on 50% power. Enjoy your tasty egg bites!
The Best Air Fryer
If you’ve ever questioned the reliability of your current air fryer, it’s time to meet the Instant Vortex Air Fryer – your new kitchen sidekick! Picture effortless cooking, thanks to its 6 automatic functions. PLUS, it’s dishwasher safe, making cleaning a snap. 🤩 Don’t wait, upgrade your air fryer today!
Egg Bites in Air Fryer FAQs
Can you make egg bites in an air fryer?
Yes, you can make egg bites in the air fryer. It generally takes 8-10 minutes to cook. Simply mix your desired ingredients (such as eggs, cheese, vegetables, and meats) together, pour the mixture into silicone molds or ramekins, and then cook them in the air fryer until they are set and cooked through.
How long does it take to cook egg bites in the air fryer?
The cooking time of egg bites may vary depending on your air fryer model and the amount of egg mixture, but it typically ranges from 8-10 minutes at 350°F (177°C).
How long does it take to cook frozen egg bites in an air fryer?
Frozen egg bites will cook for the same amount of time as fresh ones which is about 8-10 minutes at 350°F or 177°C.
How to reheat egg bites in the air fryer?
To reheat egg bites in the air fryer, first preheat it to 350°F (177°C). Then place your leftover egg bites and cook them for 5-6 minutes.
The Best Air Fryer Egg Bites Recipe +Video
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup ham diced
- ¼ cup bell pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon green onion, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/16 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- Get the fillings ready: chop the bell pepper, spring onion, and ham into small pieces.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (177°C). Please see note if your air fryer is 4-quart or smaller.
- Crack the eggs into a spouted measuring cup.
- Beat the eggs along with milk, salt, pepper, cheese, ham, bell pepper, and spring onion. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Spray or brush the silicone egg mold with the cooking oil.
- Pour the egg mixture into the silicone molds until they are about 50% full to accommodate for expansion. Then, carefully transfer it into the preheated air fryer
- Air fry egg bites for 8-10 minutes until they puffed up and golden.
- Serve and enjoy your air fryer egg bites! They make for a great low-carb snack or breakfast.
- For smaller air fryers (4-quart and below), reduce the cooking temperature to 330°F (166°C). They generate more heat because of the heating element’s proximity to the food.
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 350°F or 177°C and then let it cook for 3-4 minutes without food.
- To test the doneness of the egg, insert a toothpick or butter knife into the center. If it comes out clean, they are done; otherwise, cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- I used a 6-quart Instant Pot Vortex Plus to test the air fryer egg bites recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried air frying egg bites?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!