The freshly-baked buns in this Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls Air Fryer Recipe are insanely easy to make, and are leagues above any pre-made version. Fry it, to believe it!
There’s nothing quite like walking into a bakery and smelling the aroma of sweet cinnamon buns baking away, waiting to be topped with sugary icing.
Recreate that same experience at home in minutes with your air fryer and the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls with original icing!
These rolls are so easy and are done so quickly that having a warm, fresh cinnamon roll on a weekday morning before work or school will no longer be out of the question!
Level Up Your Air Fryer Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
Here’s what you need to make your Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls extra special.
- Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with Original Icing (8-count)
- Whipping frosting
- Other Icing Alternatives: Nutella, Cinnamon Sugar, Powdered Sugar
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
*Note: you’ll need parchment paper to line the air fryer basket so that the rolls don’t stick.
To top it off (literally), you can finish your cinnamon rolls with any sweet topping you’d like!
Of course, you could use the icing that comes with the package, but you could also use a flavored store-bought icing, Nutella, powdered sugar, a drizzle of melted chocolate—anything you can think of!
ASMR Recipe Video: Air Fried Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
Don’t have time to read? Watch this quick ASMR recipe video:
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Air Fry Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls?
Baking Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls in the air fryer is as simple as can be, even your kids could do it!
When I was in school, my parents were always looking for quick and easy things my brother and I could make ourselves for breakfast before school.
Unfortunately for us, air fryers weren’t around just yet, so we had to rely on toaster waffles, which we all know don’t compare to a steamy cinnamon roll!
1. Preheat your air fryer to 330ºF (165ºC) for 3 minutes.
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat mode, you can set the temperature to 330ºF (165ºC) and then let it cook for 3 minutes.
2. Open the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls can and take the dough out.
🚨Warning: Prepare for a loud popping sound!
Follow the instructions on the package to remove the rolls. You’ll need to hit the package with a spoon or on the counter to break it open once the wrapper is removed, so prepare for the “pop”!
3. Air fry the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls at 330ºF (165ºC) for 8-12 minutes.
When your air fryer is preheated, line your air fryer basket with parchment paper and add the cinnamon rolls in a single layer to the basket, leaving at least 1 inch around each roll for expansion while baking. Air fry until the rolls are puffed and slightly browned on top, about 8 to 12 minutes.
📝 Note: I used a 4-quart air fryer to make this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
4. Add Frosting or Your Own Choice of topping.
Using tongs, carefully transfer rolls to a plate and smother in the icing or topping of your choice!
5. Serve & Enjoy!
Some fun ways to serve:
- Split them in half lengthwise to create two round halves, then top each half with sliced bananas or berries and a light drizzle of maple syrup.
- Melt ¼ cup of white chocolate or cinnamon chips in the microwave and then drizzle over each of the rolls.
- Brush the top of each roll with melted butter then dip into a mixture of 2 Tbsp granulated sugar mixed with 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
Now, that’s how to make Pillsbury cinnamon rolls extra special!
💡Pro Tip: Only ice the rolls you plan on eating immediately. They reheat much better without the icing! The icing turns candy-ish on the tops of the rolls and cools to form a hard crust rather than gooey bite!
Directions for Conventional Ovens
In case you want to bake those Pillsbury cinnamon rolls in a traditional oven, here’s the brand’s step-by-step instructions:
Preheat the oven to 400°F (or 375°F for nonstick pan). Grease a round cake pan. Place rolls in a pan, cinnamon topping up. Bake for 13 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with icing.
Faster Bake Method: Place rolls 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes at temperature above.
Freezing & Storage
Freezing – Once completely cooled, you can refreeze baked (un-iced) rolls for up to 1 month in an air-tight bag or container. Simple thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then follow the refrigerator reheat instructions below.
Fridge – These rolls can last up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Reheating – To reheat the un-iced rolls from the refrigerator (or thawed in the refrigerator from the freezer), simply preheat your air fryer to 330ºF (165ºC), then add the rolls and air fry for 4 minutes or until crisp on the outside and heated through.
Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls Air Fryer Recipe FAQs
Can you make Pillsbury cinnamon rolls in the air fryer?
Yes, you can air fry Pillsbury cinnamon rolls. Set the temperature to 330ºF (165ºC) and bake for 8-12 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when they fully expanded and slightly golden brown.
How long does it take to bake Pillsbury cinnamon rolls in an air fryer?
If you’re baking Pillsbury cinnamon rolls with your air fryer, it will take about 8-12 minutes at 330ºF (165ºC). See full directions.
How to make Pillsbury cinnamon rolls better?
To make Pillsbury cinnamon rolls better, add your own choice of filling. You can add Nutella, whipped frosting instead of the original icing, powdered sugar, etc. See more topping ideas.
Do Pillsbury cinnamon rolls come with icing?
Yes, the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls come with complimentary icing.
Can you freeze Pillsbury cinnamon rolls?
Once completely cooled, you can refreeze the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls. It can last for up to 1 month in an airtight bag or container.
How many calories are in a Pillsbury cinnamon roll?
One Pillsbury cinnamon roll contains 150 calories, with the original icing.
How to open Pillsbury cinnamon rolls?
To open the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls can, carefully peel the first layer of the packaging. Look for the guide, which says “press here.” Then, gently apply pressure to it using a spoon. (Prepare for a popping sound.)
Quick & Simple Air Fryer Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
- 8 pieces Pillsbury cinnamon rolls with original icing (8 count)
- 2 tbsp frosting (optional)
- Other toppings (optional)
- Preheat your air fryer to 330ºF (165ºC) for 3 minutes.
- Open the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls can and take the dough out. Get ready for an explosion! To open it, carefully peel the first layer of the packaging. Then press it with a spoon (look for the guide).
- Air fry the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls at 330ºF (165ºC) for 8-12 minutes. Line your air fryer basket with parchment paper. Space them out evenly. Bake until golden brown. No need to flip
- Remove the cinnamon rolls from the air fryer and immediately top them with the original icing while they are still warm. Or you could also add your own choice of topping.
- Serve and enjoy your sweet and soft air fryer Pillsbury cinnamon rolls!
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 330ºF (165ºC) and then let it cook for 3 minutes.
- It is essential to add the toppings while the cinnamon rolls are still warm. You can work your way around the cinnamon rolls way easier.
- If you want to limit the popping sound when opening the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls can, try to place the can against your countertop or table.
- I used a 4-quart air fryer to bake this pastry. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time. Continue air frying until the cinnamon rolls have fully expanded and slightly golden brown.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried baking Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with your air fryer?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!