Air Fryer Zucchini Chips are a crispy and delicious way to cook zucchini, especially in the summer when it’s fresh and plentiful! ☀️ Fry it to believe it!
If you’re looking for a healthy and satisfying snack, look no further than crispy, golden-brown air fryer zucchini chips!
These crispy, flavorful chips are made from thinly sliced zucchini that’s coated in a crunchy breading and air fried until golden-brown.
Whether you prefer them with a classic garlic and Parmesan coating or something spicier like cayenne pepper and chili powder, there’s a zucchini chip recipe out there for everyone.
Not only are zucchini crisps a tasty snack option, but they’re also a great way to sneak some veggies into your diet. Zucchini is low in calories and high in fiber, making it a nutritious choice that will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make perfectly crispy zucchini chips in the air fryer in just a few easy steps. Whether you’re looking for a healthy snack or a tasty appetizer, these panko-crusted zucchini chips are sure to become a new favorite in your house.
See also: Zucchini Fries in Air Fryer
So grab a zucchini and let’s get cooking!
Zucchini Chips Air Fryer Recipe Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make crispy, air-fried zucchini chips:
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- High-heat cooking oil spray
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
Make sure your zucchini is as fresh as possible. It should be firm, heavy and mostly free of blemishes.
😋 Crunch Factor: Panko breadcrumbs are essential in this recipe to ensure that the chips are extra crispy and light. Traditional style breadcrumbs are much finer and result in a thicker, heavier coating.
ASMR Recipe Video: Air Fried Zucchini Chips
Don’t have time to read? We made this short recipe video just for you. 😉
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Make Zucchini Chips in the Air Fryer?
Zucchini chips are the perfect dish for when you want to whip up a quick and easy appetizer that’s sure to impress. In 15 minutes or less, these zucchini chips will be hot out of the air fryer and ready to be eaten!
1. Slice the zucchini into thin rounds.
Carefully slice the zucchini into very thin circles, about ⅛ inch thick.
2. Prepare the breading station.
In a shallow dish or container, prepare the dry batter by combining cornstarch, garlic powder, salt and pepper..
In a medium bowl, beat one egg with 1 tbsp water until smooth.
In another bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs with the grated parmesan cheese and set aside.
3. Preheat the air fryer to 380°F (193°C).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 380°F (193°C) and then let it cook for 5 minutes without food.
You may also skip this step by adding 2-4 minutes to your overall cooking time until you achieve your desired finish.
4. Bread the zucchini slices.
While the air fryer is preheating, let’s bread the zucchini slices
Step #1: Dredge the zucchini rounds in the dry batter mixture.
⏰ Time Saver: Consider using a large container with a lid when coating your zucchini rounds with dry batter. Simply add the dry batter and zucchini rounds to the container, close the lid, and shake well to evenly coat all the rounds in the mixture.
Step #2: Dip 4-5 dredged zucchini chips in the egg wash, drain off any excess.
Step #3: Grab a handful of breading mix, then transfer the zucchinis from the egg wash station into the container with bread crumbs. Cover them with breading mix and press gently to help the crumbs adhere.
Repeat the process until all the zucchini slices have been breaded.
5. Air fry zucchini chips for 5-6 minutes.
When the air fryer is preheated, add the zucchini chips in a single layer and air fry until golden, about 5-6 minutes.
If you can’t fit all the slices in the air fryer, cook them in batches: overcrowding the chips can cause them to be soggy.
I used a 6-quart air fryer to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
6. Serve and enjoy your air fried zucchini chips!
When the air fryer zucchini chips are browned and crispy, transfer them to a plate and serve!
These are so delicious with a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkling of grated parmesan cheese, or dipped into ranch dressing!
No matter how you eat these chips, you’re going to love them! Enjoy this fresh and delicious pile of air-fried zucchini chips!
You can always make these chips gluten free by using gluten-free panko breadcrumbs!
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: When the air fried zucchini chips have cooled completely, transfer them to an airtight container, layering them between wax paper, and freeze for up to 6 months. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then follow the instructions below.
Fridge: When the zucchini chips have cooled completely, transfer them to an airtight container, layering them between wax paper, and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Reheating: To reheat, preheat the air fryer to 380°F. Add the chips in a single layer and air fry until heated through and crisp, about 2 minutes.
Zucchini Chips in Air Fryer FAQs
How to air fry zucchini chips?
To air fry zucchini chips, first slice your zucchini into ⅛-inch rounds. Then prepare your breading station. Preheat your air fryer to 380°F (193°C) and coat your zucchini with dry batter, egg wash, and breadcrumbs. Add the crusted zucchini chips in a single layer, then cook for 5-6 minutes until golden and crispy, no flipping required.
How long does it take to air fry zucchini chips?
It will take approximately 5-6 minutes to air fry zucchini chips at 380°F (193°C). However, please note that cooking time may vary from one air fryer to another.
Crispylicious Air Fryer Zucchini Chips Recipe +Video
- 1 zucchini
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- Wash the zucchini and trim off the ends. Then slice it into thin rounds, about ⅛ inch thick.
- Prepare the breading station. In a medium bowl, beat an egg until it becomes silky smooth. Then, in a separate container, mix the Panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. In a medium shallow dish, prepare the dry batter by combining cornstarch, garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F (193°C).
- Meanwhile, bread the zucchini rounds. First, dredge them in dry batter. Next, dip each zucchini slice into the beaten eggs. Then coat it with the breadcrumb mixture, pressing the breadcrumbs onto the zucchini to adhere.
- Carefully place the breaded zucchini slices into the preheated air fryer, with adequate spacing. Spray with high heat cooking oil, then air fry them for 5-6 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Serve and enjoy your crispy air fryer zucchini chips! Oh! Don't forget your ranch dip!
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 380°F (193°C) and then let it cook for 4-5 minutes without food.
- You can also skip preheating by adding 2-4 minutes to your cooking time. Increment gradually, to prevent burning the zucchini crisps.
- Time Saver: Dredge the zucchini slices with the dry batter in a covered container. Shake to coat evenly.
- For even cooking and to prevent the crust from falling off, avoid stacking the zucchini chips.
- Spraying your zucchini chips with cooking oil is optional, however, it’s necessary for a golden brown and crispy finish.
- I used a 6-quart Instant Pot Vortex Plus to test the air fryer zucchini chips recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making the zucchini chips air fryer recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!