This Air Fryer Garlic Roasted Asparagus is not only delicious but also effortless! It’s the perfect side dish that’s ready in just minutes. 🤯 Fry it, to believe it!
Asparagus is one of those vegetables that isn’t always available in the grocery store, but when it is, and it’s fresh, it’s gooooood.
It can typically be found between the end of February and the beginning of June, and comes in 3 colors: white, purple and green.
A great source of potassium and folate, asparagus is a versatile vegetable packed with nutrients but with very few calories. And, it pairs well with a huge variety of main dishes, for example, our parmesan-crusted salmon.
Asparagus can be shaved into a salad, chopped and sauteed in a pasta, roasted in a tart, and now… air fried!
Air frying asparagus is an amazing way to cook it, mostly because it’s fast. As you can see with this air fryer garlic roasted asparagus recipe, it only took us about 5 minutes. That’s it!
You see, the title is not clickbait at all.
We really wanted to focus on the flavor of the asparagus in this recipe, and keep it as easy as possible to make it into a really great veggie side dish.
Here, we simply combine prepped asparagus with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper before air frying it to perfection!
Air Fryer Garlic Roasted Asparagus Ingredients
Here’s all you need to make this tasty air-fried garlic roasted asparagus.
- Garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
The ingredients are pretty simple. If you prefer to leave out the garlic, that’s fine too!
ASMR Recipe Video: Air Fried Garlic Asparagus
Don’t have time to read? Here’s a short recipe video we made just for you. 😉
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Air Fry Garlic Roasted Asparagus?
Preparing your favorite air fryer asparagus recipe is super quick, but it can also be easily overcooked. Be sure to check those tasty spears starting at the 3-minute mark to avoid ending up with a soggy vegetable side dish.
🙌🏻 Pro Tip: The time it will take to cook your asparagus will depend on the thickness of the asparagus spears. Sometimes you’ll find very thin asparagus, which will take less time to cook than the thicker asparagus.
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it cook for 5 minutes.
Please don’t skip this step to avoid overcooking your asparagus.
2. Wash, dry and trim the asparagus spears.
First, gently rinse the asparagus. Sometimes, the tops of the asparagus can be fragile so treat them gently while washing. Pat the asparagus dry and then either snap off or cut off the tough bottom portion of each piece of asparagus.
3. Season the asparagus.
In a large bowl or on a large plate, toss the asparagus with the olive oil, crushed garlic, salt and pepper until all the asparagus is evenly coated.
4. Air fry the asparagus for 4-6 minutes.
When the air fryer is preheated and the asparagus is seasoned, add the asparagus to the air fryer and cook until tender and slightly crisp on the ends, tossing halfway through, about 3-6 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus.
🤩 Pro Tip: If you want your asparagus al dente, take it out after 3 minutes. Or, if you prefer those delicious crunchy spears, cook them all the way up to 6 minutes. Unfortunately, we can’t have both.
I used a 6-quart air fryer to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
5. Serve and enjoy your air fried garlic roasted asparagus!
When the asparagus is cooked, remove to a plate and serve immediately.
Now, that’s how you make air fryer garlic roasted asparagus in under 5 minutes with just 5 easy steps.
To amp up the flavor of your delicious, cooked asparagus, you could squeeze some fresh lemon juice or grate some parmesan cheese on top! If you’re really feeling fancy, you could do both!
Asparagus goes well with so many things that this dish could be a side for really any protein.
Try this garlicky asparagus on the side of salmon, chicken, steak or shrimp! Or, you could fry up two eggs and serve them sunny-side up over the bed of asparagus- eggs and asparagus are a really delicious pairing! Don’t believe us?
Guess you’ll just have to fry it to believe it 😜
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: We don’t recommend freezing asparagus, as it will end up really soggy.
However, if you still want to here’s how to do it:
Once the asparagus is completely cooled, add to an airtight container, layering between sheets of parchment paper. Asparagus can be kept frozen for 6-9 months. To reheat, allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then follow the instructions below.
Fridge: Once the asparagus is completely cooled, add to an airtight container or zip-top bag and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Reheating: The fastest way to reheat the asparagus is to microwave it at 50% power in 30 second intervals until fully heated through. Alternatively, you can add it to an air fryer preheated to 350°F and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Garlic Roasted Asparagus Air Fryer FAQs
How to air fry garlic roasted asparagus?
To air fry garlic roasted asparagus, preheat your air fryer to 400°F (204°C) first. While preheating, season your asparagus with avocado oil, crushed garlic, salt, and pepper. Then, cook your asparagus spears for 3-6 minutes.
5-Minute Air Fryer Garlic Roasted Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus 35-40 spears
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for 4-5 minutes.
- Wash and rinse the asparagus spears thoroughly, and then trim/snap off the tough ends. Optionally, you can also cut the asparagus in half. For better presentation, slice diagonally.
- In a large bowl, season the asparagus with olive oil, crushed garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the seasoned asparagus to the air fryer basket, then air fry for 3-6 minutes, shaking the basket often. Cook until you achieve your desired finish. Please see note
- Serve your air fryer garlic roasted asparagus hot as a side dish or snack.
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400°F (200°C) and then let it cook for 4-5 minutes without food.
- Remove the asparagus immediately from the air fryer to prevent overcooking. Optionally, you can add a liner to your air fryer basket for easy cleanup.
- The time it will take to cook your asparagus will depend on the thickness of the asparagus spears.
- If you want your asparagus al dente, take it out after 3 minutes.
- Or if you prefer those delicious crunchy spears, cook it all the way up to 6 minutes or more.
- I used a 6-quart Instant Pot Vortex Plus to test the garlic roasted air fryer asparagus recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making garlic roasted asparagus in the air fryer?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!