Cooking Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts is super easy. Here’s how you can turn it into a tasty side dish in under 20 minutes. Fry it, to believe it! 😋
You can’t remove the bitterness of Brussels sprouts completely, but you can tone it down to a more appetizing level. The key is roasting them for longer to bring out their natural sugar content.
Adding olive oil or balsamic glaze will also help mask its bitterness.
Now that you know the tips for making tasty frozen Brussels sprouts, let’s start cooking.
Level Up Your Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts
Here’s what you need to take your frozen Brussels sprouts up a notch.
- Frozen Brussels sprouts
- Avocado/olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
Frozen Brussels Sprouts
Most of the available frozen brussels sprouts in our local grocery store are baby Brussels sprouts. I was trying to find a medium or full-sized one, but I’m out of luck. These are pre-blanched brussels sprouts with extra water content.
Nothing beats fresh Brussels sprouts, as you don’t get any of those disadvantages. The fresher the better (less bitter).
You can handpick fresh Brussels sprouts. You can go for a bigger size, slice them in half and crisp them up to perfection.
Avocado Oil Spray
I used avocado oil spray because that’s what we have in our pantry, but you can use virgin olive oil if you want. Ideally, you want to go for cooking oil with a high smoking point. To give you a baseline, most air fryers have a maximum cooking temperature of 400°F.
For extra flavor, we added parmesan cheese to this frozen brussels sprouts air fryer recipe. However, you can skip this part if you’re following a vegan diet.
Don’t have time to read?
Watch this quick video on how to air fry frozen Brussels Sprouts, ASMR style.
How to Cook Frozen Brussels Sprouts in Air Fryer
If you’re wondering how to air fry frozen Brussels sprouts, you just need to follow these four steps:
Step #1: Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC) for 5 minutes.
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat button, you can set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it run for 5 minutes.
You may skip this step by adding 2-minute increments to your cooking time until you achieve a golden brown finish.
Step #2: Season frozen Brussels sprouts.
Generously season your frozen Brussels sprouts with avocado oil, salt and pepper.
Step #3: Air fry frozen Brussels sprouts for 12 – 15 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC).
And now, at 400ºF (204ºC), let’s air fry them for 12 – 15 minutes, shaking halfway.
📝 Note: I used a 6-quart air fryer to make this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on the type of your air fryer. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time, and add 1-2 more minutes until you’re satisfied with the finish
Step #4: Serve your Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts.
For extra flavor, you might want to top it off with grated parmesan cheese or maybe coat it with balsamic glaze.
Oh, by the way, Brussels sprouts pair really well with ranch sauce.
Now, let’s take a look at the advantages of these mini cabbages.
How to Air Fry Frozen Brussels Sprouts to Perfection
We tested several cooking times for this air-fried frozen Brussels sprouts and found out that the sweet spot is between 12 – 15 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC).
However, please note that the cooking time will still depend on the type of your air fryer and the number of servings you’re making.
Health Benefits of Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are a good source of several nutrients, including:
Vitamin K is essential in blood clotting and bone health. Some research suggests that vitamin K may benefit heart health by helping to keep the blood vessels healthy.
Vitamin C is widely recognized for its potent antioxidant properties and is a vital nutrient for maintaining a robust immune system. Additionally, it plays a crucial role in promoting healthy skin.
In addition to those vital nutrients, Brussels Sprouts are a good source of soluble and insoluble fibers. They help add bulk to stools and speed up the movement of food through the digestive system. Both are important for maintaining a healthy gut.
Those are just a few of Brussels sprout’s benefits. We’ll dive deeper once we find the best air fryer brussels sprouts recipe.
Frozen Brussels Sprouts Air Fryer Recipe FAQs
How long will it take to cook frozen Brussels sprouts in an air fryer?
It takes 12 to 15 minutes to cook frozen Brussels sprouts in an air fryer. However, it may depend on the amount of Brussels sprouts and the air fryer you use.
Can I use regular olive oil instead of avocado oil spray?
Yes, you can substitute virgin olive oil if you don’t have avocado oil spray.
Can you cook frozen Brussels sprouts in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen Brussels sprouts in the air fryer. To do so, preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC) for 5 minutes, add your frozen Brussels sprouts to the air fryer basket and cook for 12-15 minutes.
Quick & Easy Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound frozen Brussels sprouts
- avocado oil spray
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Preheat air fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC) for 5 minutes. If your air fryer doesn't have a preheat mode, you can simply set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it run for 5 minutes. Doing this step ensures a more accurate cooking time.
- Season frozen brussels sprouts: While the air fryer is heating up, place the frozen Brussels sprouts (See note 1) into a mixing bowl and spray with avocado oil until lightly coated. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and sugar over the Brussels sprouts. (See note 2)
- Air fry frozen brussels sprouts: Place the seasoned Brussels sprouts into the preheated air fryer basket. Air Fry at 400ºF (204ºC) for 12 – 15 minutes, shaking halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Serve and enjoy! Remove from the air fryer and serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top for added flavor. Enjoy!
- You can skip preheating by adding 2-5 minutes to your cooking time. Then check every 1-2 minutes to prevent your Brussels sprouts from getting burnt.
- Any cooking oil will work for air frying frozen Brussels sprouts.
- Air fry the Brussels sprouts from frozen; no need to thaw them as they will become watery and mushy.
- Caramelize the Brussels sprouts to reduce the bitterness. Cooking these little cruciferous vegetables all the way helps bring out their natural sugar content.
- I used a 6-quart air fryer to make this recipe. Cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time. Continue air frying until you achieve your desired finish.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making the Parmesan Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!