Get sweet and delicious homemade cinnamon rolls on the table in minutes with this Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls Air Fryer recipe! 😋 Fry it, to believe it!
We already know and love Air Fryer Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls. They’re crisp on the outside, tender and cinnamony on the inside, and all-around, just plain delicious.
Their only downfall? They take more than 20 minutes in the oven!
Add in the time it takes to preheat the oven, and you’re looking at 30 minutes minimum to get those rolls baked, spread with icing and onto your plate.
The ultimate cinnamon roll hack, you ask—the air fryer!!
Cut the total time to prepare these delectable rolls in half by baking them in the air fryer!
- The Air Fryer Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls with Original Icing
- ASMR Recipe Video: Air Fried Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls
- How to Air Fry Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls?
- Directions for Conventional Ovens
- Freezing & Storage
- Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls Air Fryer Recipe FAQs
- Classic Air Fryer Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls
The Air Fryer Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls with Original Icing
A Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls can has 5 pieces of dough inside, and a pack of original icing.
While the icing provided in the package is the default option, you can add any sweet topping of your choice—Nutella, powdered sugar, or even a drizzle of melted chocolate—the possibilities are endless!
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
*Note: you’ll need parchment paper to line the air fryer basket so that the rolls don’t stick.
ASMR Recipe Video: Air Fried Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls
Don’t have time to read? Watch this quick ASMR recipe video:
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Air Fry Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls?
These rolls have such a unique, bakery-reminiscent texture, with their layers of swirly delicious dough and gooey cinnamon.
There’s nothing better than unraveling the icing-drenched rolls, and saving the middle most cinnamony bite for last (which is obviously the best bite). 😋
1. Preheat your air fryer to 330ºF (165ºC) for 3 minutes.
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat button, you can set the temperature to 330ºF (165ºC) and then let it run for 3 minutes.
*Note: Don’t add an air fryer liner or parchment paper while preheating your air fryer. Add it after preheating to prevent the paper from touching the heating element.
2. Open the Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls can.
🚨Warning: Prepare for a loud popping sound!
Following the instructions on the package, carefully remove the paper wrapping, and press to pop the tube open. Remove the icing container from the package and set aside. Separate the rolls from each other, being careful to keep the swirls of dough together.
3. Air fry the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls at 330ºF (165ºC) for 10-14 minutes.
When the air fryer is preheated, line the basket with parchment paper and add the rolls in a single layer, leaving at least 1 inch between each roll so they can expand while baking. Air fry rolls for 10-14 minutes until puffed and golden.
BONUS: If you like pull-apart (messy…yet fun) style cinnamon rolls where the middle pieces of dough all stay soft, put the rolls into a parchment-lined cake pan (that will fit into your air fryer) so that all the rolls are touching each other.
📝 Note: I used a 6-quart air fryer to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
4. Add Original Icing while cinnamon rolls are still hot.
Using tongs, carefully remove the rolls to a plate for serving. While the rolls are still hot, spread with the included icing. Allow to cool slightly before devouring.
*Note: If you want to get creative with your roll icing, like we did in our other Air Fryer Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls recipe, we support it, 100%!! Nutella, powdered sugar, other store-bought icing, peanut butter, or anything you can think of would be good on these rolls! 😉
5. Serve & enjoy!
Pull apart and enjoy!!
How About A Cinnamon Bun Twists?
For a fun and different way to bake these up, take two rolls and unroll completely so you have two long strips of cinnamon-coated dough.
Cut the strips into 6-7 inch segments and twist around each other, pressing the ends together to seal. Line up your cinnamon twists and air fry as directed above.
Now you have cinnamon bun twists that you can dip into any icing of your choice! YUM-O!
💡Pro Tip: Only ice the rolls you plan on eating immediately. They reheat much better without the icing! The icing turns candy-ish on the tops of the rolls and cools to form a hard crust rather than gooey bite!
Directions for Conventional Ovens
In case you want to bake those Pillsbury Grands! cinnamon rolls in a traditional oven, here’s the brand’s step-by-step instructions:
Preheat the oven to 350°F, then grease round or square cake pan. Place rolls in a pan then bake for 23 to 27 minutes or until golden brown. Lastly, spread the icing on top.
Freezing & Storage
Freezing – Once completely cooled, you can refreeze baked (un-iced) rolls for up to 1 month in an airtight bag or container. Simple thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then follow the refrigerator reheat instructions below.
Fridge – These rolls can last up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Reheating – To reheat the un-iced rolls from the refrigerator (or thawed in the refrigerator from the freezer), simply preheat your air fryer to 330ºF (165ºC), then add the rolls and air fry for 4 minutes or until crisp on the outside and heated through.
Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls Air Fryer Recipe FAQs
Can you make Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls in the air fryer?
Yes, you can air fry Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls. Set the temperature to 330ºF (165ºC) and bake for 10-14 minutes until puffed and golden.
How long does it take to bake Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls in an air fryer?
If you’re baking Pillsbury Grand cinnamon rolls with your air fryer, it will take about 10-14 minutes at 330ºF (165ºC). See full directions.
Do Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls come with icing?
Yes, the Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls come with a complimentary icing.
How many calories are in a Pillsbury Grands cinnamon roll?
One Pillsbury Grand cinnamon roll contains 320 calories with icing.
How to open Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls?
To open the Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls can, carefully peel the first layer of the packaging. Look for the “press here” guide and use a spoon to gently apply pressure to it.
Classic Air Fryer Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls
- 5 pieces Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls
- Original icing
- Preheat your air fryer to 330ºF (165ºC) for 3 minutes.
- Open the Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls can and take out the dough. To open it, carefully peel the first layer of the packaging. Then press it with a spoon (look for the guide). Get ready for a loud noise!
- Air fry the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls at 330ºF (165ºC) for 10-14 minutes. Line your air fryer basket with parchment paper. Space them out evenly. Bake until puffed and golden brown. No need to flip.
- Remove the cinnamon roll grands from the air fryer and immediately top them with the original icing while they are still warm.
- Serve and enjoy your freshly baked fryer Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls!
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 330ºF (165ºC) and then let it cook for 3 minutes.
- It is essential to add the toppings while the cinnamon rolls are still warm. You can work your way around the cinnamon rolls way easier.
- If you want to limit the popping sound when opening the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls can, try to place the can against your countertop or table.
- I used a 6-quart air fryer to bake the cinnamon rolls. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time. Continue air frying until the cinnamon rolls have fully expanded and slightly golden brown.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Click here to go back to detailed step-by-step instructions ↑.
Have you tried making the Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls recipe with your air fryer?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Are you on Instagram? Share your photo and tag us at @fryitco. We can’t wait to see what you’ve made!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
You can also find us on Facebook & Tiktok 🙂. See you there!
Thank you for your support!