Crispy, cheesy, mouth-watering salmon filets with layers of flavor baked in… That’s what we’re serving up with this Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Salmon recipe! Fry it, to believe it!
Salmon is a healthy and delectable option for lunch or dinner (or breakfast, can’t forget about lox). It’s a great source of omega-3 fatty acids as well as protein and B vitamins.
You can buy it frozen or fresh, farmed or wild-caught, and it is always delicious, especially when cooked in the air fryer.
We’ve already explored some really tasty ways of cooking salmon in the air fryer, like in our Cajun salmon recipe (link) and lemon butter salmon recipe (link), but now we’re taking it to the next level—Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Salmon.
In this recipe, we’re taking salmon filets, covering them in a flavorful mayo and dijon sauce, then topping them with cheesy, herby and crispy panko breadcrumbs… what’s not to like!?
Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Salmon Ingredients
For this quick and easy crusted salmon recipe that’s packed with flavor in every bite, you’ll need:
- Salmon filets (thawed if purchased frozen)
- Dijon mustard
- Panko (Japanese-style) breadcrumbs
- Black pepper
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
If you don’t have parsley, you can sub in another herb like basil or thyme, use a pinch of dried parsley, or leave out the herb altogether. It does add a nice freshness and pop of green color, though!
ASMR Recipe Video: Air Fried Parmesan Crusted Salmon
Don’t have time to read? We made a short recipe video just for you.
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Cook Parmesan Crusted Salmon in the Air Fryer?
One of the best benefits of cooking parmesan crusted salmon in the air fryer is that it’s quick; even with this recipe, you’ll have perfectly-cooked and juicy salmon on the dinner table in less than 20 minutes.
The bonus in this recipe is the delicious breadcrumb crust, which really crisps up and creates a perfectly crunchy exterior to the salmon while cooking in the air fryer.
1. Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (182°C).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 360°F (182°C) and then let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
Please don’t skip this step for a juicier salmon filet.
2. Prepare garlic-mayo sauce.
While the air fryer is preheating, make the mayo Dijon sauce (tiny whisk alert⚡). In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, garlic and salt.
3. Make the breadcrumb mixture.
Prepare the breadcrumb crust mixture by combining the panko breadcrumbs, chopped fresh parsley, grated parmesan cheese, black pepper and salt. Stir to combine.
4. Season and crust the salmon filets.
If desired, lightly season the salmon filets with salt and pepper.
Spread the mayo sauce over the tops of the salmon filets. The sauce should be thick on the top of the salmon- not only is it super flavorful, but it helps adhere the breadcrumb crust.
Using cupped hands, apply thick layers of the breadcrumb mixture to the tops of the salmon filets, pressing in gently to ensure it sticks to the salmon.
5. Air fry the parmesan-crusted salmon filets for 10-12 minutes.
When the air fryer is fully preheated, add a liner to the basket to help prevent the salmon from sticking. If you don’t have a liner, a piece of parchment paper will do!
Add the crusted salmon filets to the air fryer and cook to your desired doneness. For fully-cooked salmon, air fry to 145°F.
I personally prefer my salmon at 125°F, which is medium-rare, so it has a softer texture throughout!
📝 Note: I used a 6-quart Instant Pot Vortex to test this parmesan salmon air fryer recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
6. Serve and enjoy your flaky, juicy and crispy air fryer parmesan crusted salmon!
When the salmon is fully cooked and the crust is crisp and golden, remove the salmon filets to a plate and serve immediately.
Sprinkle the tops of the salmon with more freshly chopped herbs for an elevated presentation and pop of freshness!
Like most salmon dinners, this salmon would go really well with a steamed or air-fried vegetable. If you have time, try our air fryer green bean recipe for a quick and healthy veggie side dish that perfectly complements the salmon.
If you’re looking for convenience, grab any type of steam-in-bag vegetables the next time you go to the grocery store! They are super easy to just pop into the microwave while you’re air frying!
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: We do not recommend freezing this salmon recipe, as it gets very dry when reheated after being frozen.
Fridge: Once the salmon is completely cooled, add to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Reheating: To reheat, add the salmon filets to a 350°F air fryer and cook until heated through, 4-5 minutes.
Parmesan Salmon Air Fryer FAQs
How to air fry parmesan crusted salmon?
To air fry parmesan-crusted salmon, first, you need to preheat your air fryer to 360°F or 182°C. Then, prepare the garlic-mayo paste and breading mixture and coat the top part of the salmon fillet for the crust. Cook the crusted salmon fillets for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden. That’s it!
Crispy & Flaky Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Salmon
- 2 salmon filets skin on
- 1 tablespoons mayo
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (182°C).
- In a small bowl prepare garlic-mayo mixture by combining mayo, dijon mustard, crushed garlic, and salt.
- Then, in a separate bowl, mix bread crumbs, parmesan, and parsley, pepper and the remainder of the salt.
- Lightly season the salmon filets with salt (optional). Then, brush the top part with the garlic mayo paste and generously coat it with the breading mix. Use your hands to pat down the bread, making sure the crust sticks to the surface.
- Add a liner to your preheated air fryer and grease it with neutral cooking oil. Carefully place the salmon filets skin-side down onto the greased air fryer liner. Cook for 10-12 minutes until the crust becomes slightly golden and the internal temperature reaches 145°F (62°C). No flipping is required.
- Serve and enjoy your juicy, flaky, crunchy and savory air fryer parmesan crusted salmon!
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 360°F (182°C) and then let it cook for 4-5 minutes.
- For a flaky and juicy salmon, do not skip preheating your air fryer. The longer you cook your salmon, the more it’s going to dry out.
- Please note that we used 1-inch thick salmon in this recipe. Cooking time may vary depending on the quality and thickness of your fish. For a 1-inch salmon filet, it will take about 10-12 minutes. Reduce cooking time by 2-4 for thinner ones.
- Do not cook salmon from frozen, the crust will not stick to it.
- Use an air fryer liner for easy cleanup, but do not add it while preheating as it may stick to the heating element and create smoke.
- Grease the air fryer liner to prevent the fish from sticking (not guaranteed).
- The FDA recommends that all fish and seafood reach an internal temperature of 145°F (62°C). We highly recommend using a meat thermometer.
- I used a 6-quart Instant Pot Vortex Plus to test the parmesan crusted salmon air fryer recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Click here to go back to detailed step-by-step instructions ↑.
Have you tried making the air fryer salmon mayo parmesan recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Are you on Instagram? Share your photo and tag us at @fryitco. We can’t wait to see what you’ve made!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
You can also find us on Facebook & Tiktok 🙂. See you there!
Thank you for your support!