Make your frozen chicken patties in air fryer extra special by turning them into a crispy-licious restaurant-worthy chicken burger. Fry it, to believe it!
There’s something almost magical about crispy chicken, in any form. Chicken nuggets, fried chicken, chicken tenders and chicken cutlets are all addictingly delicious and chicken patties are no exception. Chicken patties are a crispy replacement to a hamburger, and go well with all the same toppings!
Here, we’ve made cooking chicken patties even easier and faster by using the air fryer. With just a few minutes of cooking, you’ll have a mouth-watering meal that the whole family will love.
- Turn Your Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Patty Into a Crispy Chicken Burger with the Following Ingredients
- ASMR Recipe Video: Frozen Chicken Patties in Air Fryer
- How to Cook Frozen Chicken Patties in an Air Fryer?
- Tyson Foods Breaded Crispy Chicken Patty Air Frying Instructions
- Freezing & Storage
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Patty FAQs
- Air Fryer Chicken Patties, Frozen to Crispy-licious in Minutes!
Turn Your Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Patty Into a Crispy Chicken Burger with the Following Ingredients
Here’s what you need to level up your frozen chicken patty:
- Frozen chicken patties
- Your favorite burger buns
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
There are so many directions you can go in with a hot, crispy air fryer chicken patties. Think of it as a blank canvas, with tons of options for toppings, buns and sauces.
You could recreate a fast-food favorite, like the McDonald’s Spicy Chicken Burger! Or, you can keep it on the leaner side by piling your chicken patty with fresh or grilled vegetables and putting it all on a whole wheat bun.
For something different, top your patty with some bacon and an egg for a leveled-up breakfast sandwich you won’t soon forget.
Personally, I love chicken patties with a dash of cayenne pepper then piled high with lettuce and a squiggle of mayo on top of a brioche-style bun. It makes a quick and easy dinner even more flavorful and satisfying.
*Note: Frozen chicken patties are available at most major grocery stores and big-box retailers, and are made by a variety of brands. This recipe is flexible and should work with any brand.
ASMR Recipe Video: Frozen Chicken Patties in Air Fryer
Don’t have time to read? Here’s a short ASMR recipe video:
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Cook Frozen Chicken Patties in an Air Fryer?
Cooking air fryer frozen chicken patties is simple and fast: you won’t need more than 15 minutes to get the patties cooked and ready to assemble into sandwiches.
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC) for 5 minutes.
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat button, you can simply set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it cook for 5 minutes.
Or you can skip this step by adding 2-5 minutes to your cooking time until your frozen chicken patties becomes crispy and slightly golden brown.
2. Slice the vegetables and prepare your favorite condiments.
While the air fryer is preheating, start to prepare whichever toppings you’re going to use on your sandwich. Take out any condiments, chop any vegetables, etc, so when your chicken is ready, so are you!
*Note: If you want to toast your buns, butter them ahead of time, so when the chicken comes out, you can immediately put in the buns and have them toasted while the chicken is still hot.
3.Air fry frozen chicken patties for 10-15 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC).
When the air fryer is preheated, add the chicken patties (straight from frozen) in a single layer and air fryer basket and air fry until golden brown and crisp, about 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway.
📝 Note: I used a 6-quart air fryer to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
4.Toast your favorite burger buns.
When the air fryer frozen chicken patties are golden and cooked-through, carefully remove them to a plate and set aside. Put your buttered buns (if toasting) butter-side-up into the air fryer and air fry for 3-4 minutes or until the buns are browned to your liking.
5. Stack the crispy chicken burger.
Carefully remove the hot buns from the air fryer and assemble your sandwiches with your hot chicken patties and toppings of your choosing!
6. Serve & Enjoy!
For a fun spin on this recipe, add a slice of cheese in the last 2-3 minutes of air frying the chicken patties. Something like pepper jack or cheddar will go really well with the traditional toppings of lettuce, tomato, mayo.
Another option is to use a slice of mozzarella on each patty (in the last 2-3 minutes of air frying) and then top with warm marinara sauce for chicken parm burgers!
There are endless possibilities with these patties, and with the shortcut of using frozen chicken in the air fryer, you’ll come back to this quick and delicious dinner time and time again.
Tyson Foods Breaded Crispy Chicken Patty Air Frying Instructions
In case you’re looking for Tyson Foods Breaded Crispy Chicken Patty’s air frying instruction, here it is:
Place four (4) frozen patties onto the air fryer tray and close fryer. No preheating required. Heat at 360°F for 10 minutes, or until heated through.
If you tried following their cooking directions, please let me know in the comment if it worked for you. Testing it is on top of our list.
Freezing & Storage
💡 Pro Tip: Don’t add fresh tomatoes or any fresh produce if you plan on freezing your chicken burger. Fresh vegetables will become soggy when thawed or reheated.
Freezing: We do not recommend re-freezing the cooked chicken patties, as the patties can become too dry and tough if cooked from frozen a second time.
Fridge: Store cooked chicken patties in the fridge for up to 4 days. Do not store the patties with any fresh produce to avoid making the patties soggy.
Reheating: To reheat, simply put the cooked chicken patties back into a preheated air fryer at 400ºF (204ºC) for 4-5 minutes or until the patties are hot and crispy once again.
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Patty FAQs
How to air fry frozen chicken patties?
To cook frozen chicken patties in the air fryer, set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC), then cook for 10-15 minutes until crispy and golden.
How long does it take to cook frozen chicken patties in the air fryer?
Air frying chicken patties will take 10-15 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC). Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer.
Air Fryer Chicken Patties, Frozen to Crispy-licious in Minutes!
- 4 Frozen chicken patties
- 4 Burger buns
- Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC) for 5 minutes.
- Slice tomatoes and lettuce and get your favorite condiments ready!
- Air fry frozen chicken patties for 10-15 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC), flipping halfway. Space them out. Cook until the crust becomes golden brown and crispy.
- Toast the brioche buns or your own choice of bread. First, butter them up on both sides. Air fry for 3-4 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC). Preheating your air fryer is not required at this point.
- Assemble the crispy chicken burger by first spreading mayo and ketchup on the bottom side of the bun. Next, add a layer of lettuce and tomato. Then, place the air fryer chicken patties on top and finish by stacking the top bun.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it run for 5 minutes.
- You can also skip preheating by adding 2-4 minutes to your cooking time. Increment gradually, to prevent burning your chicken patty.
- If you want to toast your buns, butter them ahead of time, so when the chicken comes out, you can immediately put in the buns and have them toasted while the chicken is still hot.
- I used a 6-quart model to test the frozen chicken patty in air fryer. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making crispy chicken burger with a frozen chicken patty?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!