Get ready to soar to new heights with these sensational Air Fryer Turkey Wings. Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and bursting with zesty lemon pepper flavor, these wings will make your taste buds happy. 🍗✨ Fry it to believe it!
Notes: We are currently in the development and testing stage for this turkey wings air fryer recipe. Stay tuned for more updates. If you have any tips on making this dish even better, please leave us a comment below. We appreciate your input!
Here’s a video of a similar recipe that we’re going for.
Ingredients for air fryer turkey wings
Here are all you need to make delicious air fried turkey wings.
- Turkey wings
- Olive oil
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Garlic powder
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
Consider using avocado oil instead of olive oil for a delightful alternative. Avocado oil’s light and mild taste won’t overpower the zesty lemon pepper seasoning, allowing the flavors of the turkey wings to shine through.
If you’re a fan of bold and spicy flavors, why not take these turkey wings to the next level by adding a touch of cayenne pepper?
About ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper will introduce a pleasant heat that complements the tangy lemon and savory spices, creating an unforgettable taste sensation.
How to Cook Turkey Wings in an Air Fryer?
Tender, juicy turkey wings that come out of your air fryer with a perfect golden brown crisp.
And guess what? Achieving that is as easy as pie! 🥧 In fact, you’ll be surprised how straightforward and convenient it is to whip up these lip-smacking turkey wings.
1. Preheat your air fryer to 380°F (193°C)
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, set your desired temperature then let it cook for 5 minutes without food.
🚨 Important: Reduce the cooking temperature to 380°F (193°C) if you’re using a 4-quart air fryer or smaller. They are hotter due to the heating element being closer to the food.
2. Prepare ingredients.
Mix 2½ teaspoons of lemon pepper seasoning, 1½ teaspoons of garlic powder, and ½ teaspoon of salt in a small bowl.
Then, combine the remaining olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning in a separate bowl. This tantalizing baste will take your turkey wings to soaring heights!
Pat the turkey wings dry with paper towels. This step helps remove excess moisture from the surface, allowing the wings to achieve that coveted crispy texture during air frying.
Next, drizzle 2 teaspoons of olive oil over them, and make sure every inch is coated evenly. Sprinkle the sensational dry seasoning blend over the turkey wings, ensuring they’re generously covered.
Don’t hesitate to get your hands in there and gently massage the seasoning into the wings to ensure an even flavor distribution. This hands-on approach guarantees that each wing is thoroughly seasoned, providing an explosion of taste with every bite.
Pro tip: Bring the wings to room temperature 30 minutes before air frying for best results.
3. Air Fry Turkey Wings for 20 – 25 minutes at 380ºF (193ºC).
Place the lemon pepper turkey wings in the air fryer, ensuring they’re in a single layer. Air fry at 380°F (193°C) for 12 – 13 minutes.
At the halfway point, open the air fryer, and baste each wing generously with the lemon pepper baste. Flip the wings, and baste the other side as well.
Pop them back in the air fryer and continue cooking for another 10 – 12 minutes until they’re gorgeously golden and cooked to perfection.
To ensure they’re fully cooked, use a meat thermometer to check if they’ve reached an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
4. Serve & Enjoy!
Now comes the moment you’ve been waiting for!
Plate up those irresistibly delicious air fried turkey wings and serve them with your favorite dipping sauce or alongside fries for a complete meal. Your taste buds are in for a treat, and your friends and family will be raving about these wings for days!
Now you have the recipe for air fryer turkey wings that’s sure to be a hit at any gathering or a delightful weeknight treat. So, get your air fryer ready, and let’s fry it, to believe it! 🌟🍗
If you love lemon pepper, you should try this air fryer lemon pepper chicken wings.
Freezing & Storage
Fridge: If you find yourself with any leftover cooked turkey wings (which is rare because they’re that good), you can store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Simply reheat them in the air fryer at 350°F (175°C) for 7 – 10 minutes to bring back that delightful crispness.
Freezing: As for freezing, once you’ve air-fried the turkey wings, allow them to cool completely. Then, transfer them to a Ziploc bag and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
When you’re ready to enjoy them, let the wings thaw in the refrigerator overnight before air frying them at 380°F (193°C) for 7 – 10 minutes to reheat them to perfection.
How long to cook turkey wings in the air fryer?
Cooking turkey wings in the air fryer takes 20 – 25 minutes, depending on the quantity and size. Always check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure they reach 165°F (74°C) before serving.
What temperature to cook turkey wings in the air fryer?
To air fry turkey wings, set the temperature to 380°F (193°C) and cook for 20 – 25 minutes. This high temperature allows the wings to cook quickly and evenly while achieving that crispy exterior and juicy interior we all love. Ensure the turkey wings reach 165°F (74°C) using a meat thermometer before serving.
Can you air fry turkey wings?
Yes, you can air fry turkey wings. It’s a fantastic way to enjoy crispy and flavorful wings without excessive oil or deep frying. Just follow the simple steps of our recipe, and you’ll have delicious and tender turkey wings with a delightful crispy finish – all thanks to the magic of your air fryer!
Quick & Easy Air Fryer Turkey Wings
- 2.5 pounds of turkey wings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2.5 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Lemon Pepper Baste:
- 2.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2.5 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- Preheat your air fryer. Set the temperature to 380°F (193°C) and preheat it for about 5 minutes.
- Prepare the turkey wings. Pat them dry with paper towels. Then, drizzle olive oil over the wings and toss them to ensure an even coating.
- Season the turkey. Mix lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder, and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle this seasoning mixture over the wings, rubbing it in to coat all sides thoroughly.
- Create the lemon pepper baste. Whisk the remaining olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning in another bowl to make the baste.
- Air fry the turkey wings. Place the lemon pepper wings in the air fryer in a single layer. Cook at 380°F (193°C) for 12 – 13 minutes.
- Apply the lemon pepper baste. After 12 – 13 minutes, generously apply the lemon pepper baste to each turkey wing using a basting brush. Ensure an even coating for maximum flavor. Then, flip the wings, and brush with more lemon pepper.
- Continue air frying. Put the wings back in the air fryer and cook for an additional 10 – 12 minutes until they reach a golden brown color and are thoroughly cooked.
- Check for doneness. To ensure the turkeys are fully cooked, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. The turkey wings should reach a minimum internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Once the turkey wings are done, transfer them to a plate, and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve the air fried turkey wings, and enjoy! Pair with your favorite dipping sauce, fries, or creamy mashed potatoes.
- Remember that cooking durations may differ depending on the turkey’s thickness and your air fryer’s size and model. Before serving, ensure it has been cooked to a safe internal temperature of 165ºF (74ºC).
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 380°F (193°C) and then let it cook for 4 – 5 minutes without food.
- You can skip preheating by adding 2 – 4 minutes to your cooking time. Increment gradually to prevent burning the turkey wings.
- I used a 6-quart (air fryer) to test the turkey wings. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making the turkey wings in air fryer recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!