If you’re on the hunt for a spicy side dish, this Buffalo Brussels Sprouts Air Fryer Recipe will not disappoint. 🤤 Fry it, to believe it!
I’m not going to lie to you. This Brussels sprouts version of Buffalo hot wings is as spicy as it can get.
I like spicy food, but it was not even a kick when I took a bite. It’s like my mouth is on fire. 🥵
However, if the spicy noodle challenge is like nothing to you, you should add the Buffalo Brussels Sprouts Air Fryer Recipe to your list of spicy vegetable side dishes.
Or, if you’re not that type, try the Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts Recipe for a toned-down version of this spicy side dish.
So get your taste buds ready, and let’s get air frying.
Air Fryer Buffalo Brussels Sprouts Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make the Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Buffalo Sauce.
- Brussels sprouts
- Your favorite Buffalo sauce
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Blue cheese crumbles (optional)
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
The Best Buffalo Sauce
Presenting the best buffalo sauce that you can try for your spicy Brussels sprouts recipe.
|Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce|
|Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce|
|Texas Pete Buffalo Sauce|
|Anchor Bar Wing Sauce|
|Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Sauce|
ASMR Recipe Video: Air Fryer Buffalo Brussels Sprouts
You can also watch this short recipe video of Air Fryer Buffalo Brussels Sprouts if you don’t have time to read.
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Cook Buffalo Brussels Sprouts in an Air Fryer?
Making the Air Fryer Buffalo Brussels sprouts is a straightforward process. You can have it done in under 20 minutes.
The only caveat to this dish is its spiciness.
1. Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC) for 5 minutes.
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat button, you can simply set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it cook for 5 minutes.
You can skip preheating by adding 2-5 minutes to your cooking time. Increment gradually to prevent overcooking.
2. Cut the Brussels sprouts in half.
After washing the Brussels sprouts, remove any layer with discoloration and cut the remaining stem. Then slice them in half. If you want, you can leave the smaller ones as is.
💡Pro Tip: If you want to make your cruciferous vegetables extra tender, soak them in warm tap water for 10 minutes. Then, drain them before seasoning.
3. Season the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, season the sliced Brussels sprouts generously with olive oil, salt and pepper.
We’re not adding the Buffalo sauce yet as most of it will just drip down the air fryer basket.
4. Air fry the Brussels sprouts at 400ºF (204ºC) for 12 – 15 minutes.
Now, place the seasoned Brussels sprouts in the air fryer and cook it for 12 – 15 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC).
💡Pro Tip: If you want to make your Brussels sprouts extra crispy, continue air frying for 2 – 4 minutes until deep golden brown.
📝 Note: I used a 6-quart air fryer to make this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
5. Coat the roasted Brussels sprouts with Buffalo sauce.
Get a large bowl, and coat your the roasted and seasoned Brussels sprouts with your choice of Buffalo sauce.
💡 Pro Tip: You can skip this step if you want to retain the crispy texture of the Brussels sprouts. Alternatively, you can serve the Buffalo sauce as a dip.
6. Serve & Enjoy!
That’s how you make Buffalo Brussels sprouts in your air fryer.
To make it classy side dish, sprinkle in some blue cheese crumbles.
But the question is… Are you ready to take the heat?
Have a glass of cold water, or perhaps a glass of milk ready before digging in.
Good luck! 💪🏼
Buffalo Brussels Sprouts Air Fryer Recipe FAQs
What is the best Buffalo sauce?
The best Buffalo sauce for this Brussels sprouts recipe is Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce. Any generic hot sauce will also do.
Ultra Spicy Air Fryer Buffalo Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce homemade or store-bought
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC) for 5 minutes.
- Trim the remaining stem of the Brussels sprouts, remove leaves with discoloration and cut them in half.
- In a large bowl, season the Brussels sprouts with the olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Mix until evenly coated.
- Air fry the Brussels sprouts at 400ºF (204ºC) for 12 – 15 minutes. Cook until golden brown.
- Coat the air-fried Brussels sprouts with buffalo sauce until evenly covered.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Of you can also skip preheating by adding 2-4 minutes to your air frying time. Increment gradually to prevent burning your dish.
- If you want your Brussels sprouts to be more tender on the inside, soak them in warm tap water for 10 minutes before seasoning them. Drain the water before doing so.
- Add the hot sauce after roasting the Brussels sprouts.
- For a crispy finish, add 2-4 minutes cooking time and serve the hot sauce as a dip.
- Sprinkle some blue cheese crumbles over the Buffalo Brussels sprouts with additional Buffalo sauce for dipping if desired.
- I used a 6-quart air fryer to make this Buffalo Brussels Sprouts side dish. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Click here to go back to detailed step-by-step instructions ↑.
Have you tried making the Buffalo Brussels Sprouts Air Fryer recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Are you on Instagram? Share your photo and tag us at @fryitco. We can’t wait to see what you’ve made!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
You can also find us on Facebook & Tiktok 🙂. See you there!
Thank you for your support!