Elevate your dining experience with our Marinated Pork Steaks in Air Fryer. Embrace the magic of creating a scrumptious dish that’s as breezy as it is tasty. Whisk up a fabulous meal tonight!
Note: This recipe is inspired by the delicious Filipino-style pork steak (or bistek in Tagalog).
Another note: Although the recipe is titled “pork steak,” it’s worth noting that we’re actually working with pork chops for this culinary masterpiece.
Notes: We are currently in the development and testing stage for this marinated pork steaks air fryer recipe. Stay tuned for more updates. If you have any tips on making this dish even better, please leave us a comment below. We appreciate your input!
Ingredients for Marinated Pork Steaks In Air Fryer
Here are all you need to make the best air fried marinated pork steaks.
- Pork chops
- Soy sauce
- Calamansi juice
- Brown sugar
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
Did you know? Calamansi packs all the zesty punch of lime but in a tiny package bursting with concentrated citrus goodness.
You’ll spot this flavor powerhouse at your local Asian market or in the international section of your go-to grocery store. And fear not, if calamansi isn’t within reach, a trusty lime makes for a perfect substitute.
Note: This recipe doesn’t need salt, as soy sauce already contains a delicious amount of sodium.
How to Cook Marinated Pork Steaks in an Air Fryer?
1. Prepare the marinade.
In a bowl, combine soy sauce, calamansi juice (or lime juice), brown sugar, salt, and black pepper. Now, add those sliced onion rings to the marinade. The onion will also help tenderize the meat.
2. Marinate the pork steak.
Place your pork chops in a resealable bag or dish, and pour the marinade with those flavorful onion rings. Make sure that the pork steaks are fully submerged in the marinade.
Seal the deal (literally) and let the pork chops marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes at room temperature. But if you’re marinating it for more than 30 minutes, keep it in the refrigerator.
Here’s the thing:
The best way to marinate the pork steak is to stay in the fridge overnight. This allows the marinade to penetrate the meat, working its flavorful wonders as it gracefully unravels the muscle fibers.
The result? An air fried marinated pork steak of unmatched tenderness ready to captivate your palate with every savory bite.
Trust me, it’s totally worth the wait.
3. Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, set your desired temperature then let it cook for 5 minutes without food.
🚨 Important: Reduce the cooking temperature to 380°F (193°C) if you’re using a 4-quart air fryer or smaller. They are hotter due to the heating element being closer to the food.
4. Air fry the marinated pork steaks for 10 – 14 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC).
It’s time to let the air fryer do its thing!
Remove the pork chops from the marinade and let any excess drip off. Arrange the chop and those onion rings in a single layer in the air fryer. (The onion can stay on top of the pork steaks.)
Air fry at 400ºF (204ºC) for 5 – 7 minutes on each side.
5. Cook the marinade (optional sauce).
Hold on a sec—before you discard that marinade, let’s turn it into something even more impressive.
Pour the marinade into a saucepan and heat it over medium heat until it boils. Allow it to cook for 5 – 10 minutes to ensure it’s safe to reuse as a sauce. Once cooked, remove from the heat. There’s no need to thicken the marinade.
This secret sauce will take your air fryer marinated pork steaks to the next level.
6. Check the pork’s doneness.
Check the internal temperature of the pork chops using a meat thermometer. You’re aiming for 145ºF (63ºC).
If you’re wondering why’d you have to use an instant-read thermometer…
Cooking time varies depending on several factors. For this recipe, it depends on whether you’re using boneless or bone-in pork steaks and the pork’s thickness. The air fryer’s specifications also come into play.
Thus, a meat thermometer will help you achieve the best (and safe) marinated pork steaks.
7. Serve & enjoy!
Once they’re cooked to perfection, plate those succulent pork steaks with the caramelized onion rings. Drizzle any remaining marinade (or the cooked marinade sauce) over the top for an explosion of flavors.
Pair your air-fried marinated pork steaks with your favorite sides, and voilà—dinner is served!
Pro tip: Plain rice is one of the best sides for pork steak (bistek). 😉
This marinated pork steak recipe guarantees a mouthwatering result with minimal effort in the air fryer. Enjoy the succulent flavors that unfold with every bite!
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: You can freeze the marinated pork steaks (uncooked) and keep them in the freezer for up to 2 months. To cook, thaw them in the fridge overnight, then follow the recipe instructions on this page. It can also be an excellent, straightforward meal prep, don’t you think?
Fridge: If you have extra pork steaks, store them in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you’re ready to enjoy them again, using the microwave to reheat them along with the sauce would be better. Otherwise, you can reheat it in the air fryer at 350ºF (177ºC) for 5 – 7 minutes or until heated through.
The Best Marinated Pork Steaks In Air Fryer
- 4 pieces pork chops
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons calamansi juice or lime juice
- 2 white onions sliced into rings
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Make the marinade. Whisk together soy sauce, calamansi juice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Add the sliced onion rings to the marinade.
- Marinate the pork. Place the pork chops in a resealable bag or dish. Pour the marinade with onion rings, ensuring they're thoroughly submerged. Seal and marinate for 30 minutes (at room temp) or overnight (in the fridge).
- Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC) for 5 minutes.
- Air fry the marinated pork steaks. Remove the pork chops from the marinade, allowing any excess to drip off. Arrange the chops and onion rings in a single layer in the air fryer. Set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and cooking time to 10 – 14 minutes, then air fry. Don’t forget to flip them halfway.
- Cook the marinade (optional sauce). Pour the marinade into a saucepan. Heat the marinade over medium heat, bringing it to a boil. Let it cook for at least 5 minutes to ensure it's safe for reuse as a sauce. You don’t need to thicken it.
- Check the pork for doneness. Before serving, ensure the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145ºF (63ºC) using a meat thermometer.
- Serve and enjoy! Plate the air-fried marinated pork steaks with the onion rings. Drizzle any remaining marinade (or the cooked sauce) for extra flavor. Enjoy alongside your favorite sides.
- For the most flavorful results, marinate the pork steaks overnight. So, plan accordingly.
- Considering that cooking time varies depending on the meat’s thickness (and your air fryer’s specs), always check with a meat thermometer if your pork is cooked thoroughly. The pork’s safe internal temperature is a minimum of 145ºF (63ºC).
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 380°F (193°C) and then let it cook for 4-5 minutes without food.
- You can skip preheating by adding 2-4 minutes to your cooking time. Increment gradually to prevent burning the marinated pork steaks.
- I used a 6-quart (air fryer) to test the marinated pork steaks. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making the marinated pork steak air fryer recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!