Add something sweet and spicy in your life by making this Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts Air Fryer side dish. 🤤 Fry it, to believe it!
In terms of spiciness, the air fryer Brussels sprouts honey sriracha recipe is somewhere in the middle. It’s less spicy than the Buffalo Brussels Sprouts.
However, that will depend on your tolerance to spicy food.
You can still push the spiciness level further down the Scoville scale by reducing the amount of Sriracha. Start with one tablespoon, then continue adding as far as you can take.
In my opinion, this Brussels sprouts air fryer recipe has the perfect balance of sweetness and spiciness. I was initially doubtful, but one bite is all it takes to prove my theory wrong.
Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts Air Fryer Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make Air Fryer Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts.
- Brussels sprouts
- Olive oil
- Sriracha sauce
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
Spicy Sauce Alternatives
You can substitute Sriracha with any other hot sauce. You can go for Frank’s Buffalo Sauce, gochujang, chili paste, Sambal Oelek, or chili flakes.
However, you must balance the spiciness before adding it to your roasted Brussels sprouts. Those spicy sauces have varying levels of heat.
Instead of honey, you can use agave nectar or maple syrup as a sweetener. These options will give this side dish a slightly different flavor, but they will work well with the Sriracha sauce.
As a general rule, use whatever is available in your pantry.
ASMR Recipe Video: Air Fryer Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts
If you don’t have time to read, here’s a recipe video of honey sriracha air fryer brussels sprouts, ASMR style.
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Cook Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts in an Air Fryer?
You can make the Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Honey Sriracha in under 20 minutes. You just need to balance the level of spiciness depending on your level of heat tolerance.
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC) for 5 minutes.
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it cook for 5 minutes.
You may also skip this step by adding 3-5 minutes to your cooking time until you achieve your desired finish.
2. Slice the Brussels sprouts in half.
After washing the cruciferous vegetables, remove any leaves with discoloration and trim the remaining stems before cutting them in half. You may choose to leave the smaller sprouts whole if desired.
💡Pro Tip: If you want to make your Brussels sprouts extra tender, soak them in warm tap water for 10 minutes. Drain them before seasoning.
3. Season the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Season the sliced Brussels sprouts generously with olive oil, salt and pepper.
We’re not adding the Sriracha-honey mixture at this point, as most will drip down the air fryer basket. Not to mention the honey will get burned.
It’s best to coat the Brussels sprouts with any sauce after air frying.
4. Air fry the Brussels sprouts for 12-15 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC).
Now, roast the Brussels sprouts for 12 – 15 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC).
💡Pro Tip: If you want to make your Brussels sprouts extra crispy, continue air frying for 2 – 4 minutes until you achieve a deep golden brown finish.
📝 Note: I used a 6-quart air fryer to make this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
5. Prepare the honey sriracha sauce.
In a large bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of honey and sriracha sauce.
6. Coat the Brussels sprouts with honey sriracha.
Once the Brussels sprouts are done air frying, coat them with the honey sriracha sauce. Mix until fully covered.
7. Serve and enjoy!
That’s how you make Honey Sriracha Air fryer Brussels Sprouts. Easy peasy!
Did you adjust the spiciness?
We would love to know in the notes section. 😉
Air Fryer Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts FAQs
Can I substitute maple syrup with honey?
Yes, you can substitute maple syrup with honey. Both sweeteners share a similar level of sweetness.
How spicy is sriracha sauce?
Based on the Scoville scale, sriracha has 1,000-2,500 SHU (Scoville Heat Units). For reference, the Carolina Reaper has 1.4M – 2.2M SHU while the Jalapeño pepper has 2,500 to 8,000 SHU. Sriracha is one of the least spicy hot sauces out there.
Sweet + Spicy Air Fryer Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (204°C) for 5 minutes.
- While preheating, slice the Brussels sprouts in half. Start by washing them and trimming the remaining stem and removing any leaves with discoloration. Then, cut them in half or quarter the bigger ones.
- In a large bowl, season the halved Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix until the cruciferous vegetables are fully coated.
- Air fry the Brussels Sprouts for 12-15 minutes at 400°F (204°C). Flip them halfway for even golden brown finish.
- To make the sauce, combine 2 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of sriracha.
- Coat the roasted Brussels sprouts with the honey sriracha mixture. Toss until evenly coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You may skip preheating by adding 2-4 minutes to your cooking time. To prevent burning your dish, increment the cooking time gradually.
- Medium-to-large-size Brussels sprouts will work best for this recipe. Cutting them in half will allow you to incorporate more flavor.
- If you prefer smaller Brussels sprouts, slicing them is optional, as they will shrink further during air frying.
- Caramelizing your Brussels sprout tones down their bitterness. Cooking them for longer at high temperatures brings out their natural sugar content.
- If you want to make this recipe less spicy, reduce the sriracha to 1 tablespoon.
- To make it crispy: Air fry the Brussels sprouts for 2-4 minutes or more until the outer layer turns perfectly golden brown. Then, serve honey sriracha as a dipping sauce instead of coating them.
- For a softer texture: Soak your Brussels sprouts in warm tap water before coating them with seasonings. Drain before doing so.
- I used a 6-quart air fryer to make the Air Fryer Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Click here to go back to detailed step-by-step instructions ↑.
Have you tried the Honey Sriracha Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Are you on Instagram? Share your photo and tag us at @fryitco. We can’t wait to see what you’ve made!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
You can also find us on Facebook & Tiktok 🙂. See you there!
Thank you for your support!