Here’s the best and easiest way to make buttery and golden Air Fryer Garlic Bread, ready in under 10 minutes! 🤯 Fry it, to believe it!
Air fryer Garlic bread or toast goes with just about everything! Herby, buttery, and loaded with rich garlic flavor, it’s a classic accompaniment to a plate of saucy pasta or crisp chicken parmesan.
For the record, you can make garlic toast or garlic bread from scratch (dough) or from a slice of bread. I was initially confused between the two, but they are often used interchangeably in many restaurants.
A typical garlic bread recipe in the oven takes at least 20-30 minutes to make, but making it in the air fryer cuts that time down to less than 10 minutes!
That means that garlic bread isn’t reserved for just special dinners, but can be an any-night-of-the-week treat!
In this recipe, we kept the ingredients simple and fresh for the maximum amount of flavor with the least amount of work required.
First, we slice up a nice loaf of bread—any fresh loaf will work well. Then, we make a quick garlic butter with parsley and cheese. Finally, we slather the bread with the prepared butter and air fry it until golden!
Let’s get started!
Air Fryer Garlic Toast Ingredients
For this quick and easy air fryer garlic bread, you’ll need:
- Bread (preferably a fresh, crusty loaf)
- Grated parmesan cheese
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
While we DO love parmesan cheese on garlic bread, we also really love to occasionally swap in Pecorino Romano cheese!
Pecorino Romano is a sheep’s cheese that is slightly saltier than parmesan or Parmigiano Reggiano. It works really well in this recipe, so if you’re feeling adventurous, we think you should give it a shot! It might just become your new go-to cheese!
💡Pro Tip: The butter should be extra soft but not melted, so leave it on the counter for at least an hour before you start this recipe.
Recipe Video: Air Fried Garlic Bread
Don’t have time to read? We made this short recipe video just for you. 😉
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Make Garlic Bread in the Air Fryer?
With the magic of the air fryer, you can make this garlic bread in less than 10 minutes. Because most of that time is hands-off waiting for the air fryer to preheat or for the bread to toast, it really only is like 2-3 minutes of work to reach garlicky deliciousness!
1. Preheat the air fryer to 380°F (193°C).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 380°F (193°C) and then let it cook for 4-5 minutes without food.
Preheating your air fryer is highly recommended for more accurate cooking time.
2. Get your bread slices ready.
Using a serrated knife, carefully slice the loaf bread into ½-inch-thick slices.
💡Pro Tip: Crusty bread, such as sourdough, baguette, ciabatta, or focaccia, will work best for making garlic toast because of their sturdy texture.
3. Prepare the garlic spread.
In a small bowl, combine the softened butter, chopped parsley, minced garlic and parmesan cheese.
*Note: For a little extra pizazz, add in some freshly ground black pepper, too!
4. Spread the bread slices with garlic butter mixture.
Divide up the garlic butter amongst the slices of bread, spreading butter on one side of each slice from edge to edge. Don’t miss any spots! 😛
5. Air fry garlic bread for 4-5 minutes.
When the air fryer is preheated, add the garlic bread, butter-side-up, and air fry until crisp and golden, about 4-5 minutes.
I used a 6-quart air fryer to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
6. Serve and enjoy your air fried garlic toast!
When the garlic bread is toasted and hot, remove from the air fryer and serve immediately!
Enjoy your delicious air-fried garlic bread!
Looking for an innovative way to use your garlic bread?
You could use it as the bread for a sandwich (mozzarella and roasted peppers would be an awesome sandwich on garlic bread).
You could cut it into cubes and re-air-fry until crisp and use them as croutons on a salad. You could even float slices in bowls of soup, top with cheese and broil, like French onion soup!
No matter how you serve it, air fryer garlic bread are bound to be delicious!
Freezing & Storage
Rather than freezing the toasted garlic bread, freeze the buttered bread slices before they’re cooked. Then, you can toast them directly from frozen any time you want, without having to make the whole recipe! Convenient? ✅
Freezing: To freeze the buttered bread slices, arrange them on a baking sheet or wide plate and freeze until the butter is hard. Then, add the slices to a freezer-safe zip-top bag and freeze for up to 3 months. You can either thaw the slices in the refrigerator overnight and follow the reheat instructions below or air fry from frozen at 380°F for 4 minutes or until hot and crisp!
Fridge: Allow your garlic bread to cool before transferring it to a zip-top bag or airtight container for up to 4 days.
Reheating: To reheat your garlic bread, simply add to an air fryer preheated to 380ºF for 1-2 minutes or until hot and re-crisped!
Garlic Bread in Air Fryer FAQs
Can you air fry garlic bread?
Yes, you can air fry garlic bread. Generally, it will only take 4-6 minutes to toast in the air fryer.
How long does it take to cook garlic bread in the air fryer?
At 380°F (193°C), it will take 4-5 minutes to cook garlic bread in the air fryer, without flipping. That’s 2-3 minutes on each side of the bread if you want both sides toasted.
How to make garlic toast in the air fryer?
To make garlic toast in the air fryer, start by preheating your small kitchen appliance to 380°F (193°C). Next, prepare your garlic spread by mixing butter, parsley, and Parmesan cheese. Spread the garlic butter mixture onto each bread slice, covering the entire surface, or just one side of the bread. Air fry the slices for 2-3 minutes on each side. If you’re air frying just one side, the ideal cooking time is 4-5 minutes.
The Easiest Air Fryer Garlic Bread Recipe (+Video)
- 4 slices bread
- 1½ tablespoons salted butter softened
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon parsley minced
- 1½ tablespoon parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Preheat the air fryer 380°F (193°C).
- Slice your loaf of bread into ½-inch thick slices or any shape you want, as long as it will fit your air fryer basket. You can also use any type of bread available.
- Prepare the garlic spread by combining crushed garlic, softened butter and finely chopped parsley in a small bowl.
- Spread a generous amount of the garlic butter mixture onto each bread slice, covering the entire surface, or just one side of the bread.
- Air fry garlic toast for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the edges are crispy and golden brown. If you're toasting only one side of the bread, toast them for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your air fryer garlic bread!
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 380°F (193°C) and then let it cook for 4-5 minutes without food.
- You can also skip preheating by adding 2-3 minutes to your cooking time. Increment gradually, to prevent burning your garlic toasts.
- The best types of bread to use are crusty bread such as French bread or baguette, sourdough, focaccia bread, ciabatta, etc., because of their sturdy texture. However, any bread available will also work.
- To quickly soften your butter, get a ramekin or mug and fill it with hot water. Then, immediately dump the water and add your butter and cover it with a lid or plastic wrap. The residual heat will soften the butter in a few minutes.
- Another way to soften your butter is to microwave it at 30% power in 5-second increments. If you see the sides melting, mix the butter. Repeat the process until it reaches the desired softness.
- Don’t leave your garlic toast in the air fryer for too long, as it may get burnt.
- I used a 6-quart air fryer to test the air fryer garlic bread recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Click here to go back to detailed step-by-step instructions ↑.
Have you tried making the air fryer garlic bread recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Are you on Instagram? Share your photo and tag us at @fryitco. We can’t wait to see what you’ve made!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
You can also find us on Facebook & Tiktok 🙂. See you there!
Thank you for your support!