Quickly turn a plain apple into a flavorful, healthy and low-calorie snack with this Air Fryer Apple Chips recipe! 🤯 Fry it to believe it!
Eating healthy is hard, we know it! It can be challenging to find snacks and foods that are healthy but still tasty and satisfying.
While an apple is a good snack on its own, air frying it to a chewy and delicious chip is even better!
These tasty air fryer apple chips have a slight warmth from cinnamon and sweetness from the concentrated apple juices, making them simply irresistible.
Because we are air-frying these apple chips, they won’t be totally dehydrated and crunchy like something you might buy at the grocery store. These chips are more like apple jerky, with a slight chew and tenderness rather than dry crisp.
If your air fryer has a dehydrate function, you can dehydrate your chips for 6-7 hours at 135°F (rather than air frying) for a dry and crunchy final chip.
Either way you make them, these chips are addictingly good!
If you’re looking for a crispy apple recipe to make in the air fryer, definitely check out our Air Fryer Apple Fries recipe!
Cinnamon Apple Chips Air Fryer Ingredients
This healthy snack couldn’t be simpler to make! All you’ll need is:
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
Don’t feel limited to just cinnamon for spice here. If you like other warm spices, try a pinch of ground nutmeg or cloves along with the cinnamon for a flavor that’ll remind you of fall!
The amount of apple chips you can make at one time entirely depends on the size of your air fryer. If you have a larger air fryer, you’ll be able to make more chips at once.
Unlike most of our air fryer recipes, this one doesn’t require that the chips are cooked in a single layer because they will be tossed multiple times throughout cooking.
If you need to make the chips in batches and keep them for a few days, that works too!
ASMR Recipe Video: Air Fried Apple Chips
Don’t have time to read? We made this short recipe video just for you. 😉
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Make Apple Chips in the Air Fryer?
Once you see how quick and easy it is to make these air fryer apple chips, you’ll be making them all the time! In less than 25 minutes (most of which is just air-frying), you’ll have a plate of chewy, tender apple chips just waiting to be enjoyed!
1. Preheat your air fryer to 330°F (166°C).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 330°F or 166°C and then let it cook without food for 5 minutes.
You may also skip preheating by adding 2-4 minutes to your overall cooking time.
2. Slice the apples.
Using an apple corer, remove the core of the apple and its seeds. Then, turn the apple on its side and cut into ⅛ inch round slices. Repeat with remaining apple and add all apple slices to a medium bowl.
Note: if you don’t have an apple corer, that’s ok! Cut the apple into slices first and then carefully remove the seeds from the center of each slice.
3. Season the apple slices.
To the apple slices, add cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Toss to ensure that all slices are evenly coated. If using additional spices, add them now as well.
4. Air fry the seasoned apple slices for 14-16 minutes.
When the air fryer is preheated, add the apple slices, being sure not to stack them more than 1-2 slices high. Air fry, tossing occasionally (maybe every 4-5 mins), until slightly crisp and golden.
I used a 6-quart air fryer to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
5. Let the apple chips cool down for 5 minutes.
Remove the apple chips from the air fryer and transfer to a plate. Allow the chips to cool for 5 minutes; they will continue to crisp.
6. Serve and enjoy the air fried apple chips with a side of caramel dip!
Serve and enjoy! These apple chips are pretty versatile and can be enjoyed on their own, with a delicious dip, or cut up into a salad or granola bowl!
Caramel dip is the classic choice with apples, and while it is delicious, it can be a little rich if you’re trying to be healthy.
For a healthier option to dip your chips into, try plain yogurt mixed with honey and cinnamon (to taste). The creamy yogurt goes well with the chew and crisp of the apple chips, and you’ll get a little dose of probiotics!
Freezing & Storage
We’ll be shocked if you have any apple chips leftover, unless you made a lot! In the case that you have leftovers, here are our storage suggestions.
Freezing: Once the apple chips are totally cooled, add to an airtight container or freezer-safe zip-top bag and store for up to 6 months. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator and follow the instructions below.
Fridge: Once the apple chips are completely cooled, add to a zip-top bag or airtight container and store for up to 7 days.
Reheating: To re-crisp the chips before eating again, add back to a preheated 325°F air fryer and air fry for 3-4 minutes or until hot and golden. Allow the chips to cool again before enjoying.
Air Fryer Apple Chips FAQs
How to air fry apple chips?
To air fry apple chips, slice them crosswise into 1/8-inch thick pieces, then season them with salt and cinnamon powder. Preheat your air fryer to 330°F (166°C), and cook the chips for 14-16 minutes. Serve with caramel dipping sauce on the side.
Deliciously Healthy Air Fryer Apple Chips
- 2 apples
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon caramel dipping sauce
- Preheat the air fryer to 330°F (166°C).
- Cut the apple horizontally into ⅛-inch thick slices, then remove any seeds. You can use a mandoline slicer or you can also do it manually.
- In a large plate or bowl, season the apple slices with cinnamon and salt. Gently toss the slices to ensure both sides are evenly coated with the spices.
- Carefully place the seasoned apple slices into the preheated air fryer. Cook them for 14-16 minutes until slightly golden and almost crispy. Toss occasionally for even cooking.
- After air frying the apple chips, place them on a cooling rack and allow them to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your air fried apple chips with caramel dipping sauce!
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 330°F (166°C) and then let it run without food for 3-4 minutes.
- You can also skip preheating by adding 2-4 minutes to your cooking time. Increment gradually, to prevent overcooking your apple slices.
- Overlapping the apple slices is not ideal since they won’t cook evenly.
- If you plan to make a large batch of apple chips, we highly recommend using an air fryer rack. Keep in mind that in one batch, you can only cook the slices from one whole apple or less depending on the size of your air fryer.
- I used a 6-quart Instant Pot Vortex Plus to test the air fryer apple chips. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making the air fryer cinnamon apple chips recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!