Looking for an appetizer that’s sure to impress? These Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops are the perfect way to show off your culinary prowess! 😉 Fry it, to believe it!
Are you ready to indulge in the epitome of decadence? We’ve got just the recipe to satisfy your cravings and impress your guests. Say hello to our air fryer bacon wrapped scallops!
We spared no expense in our pursuit of perfection, procuring the finest scallops available in our area. We knew that frozen tiny scallops simply wouldn’t do—they’re just too petite to be wrapped in glorious bacon.
Thus, we invested in a pound of the most exquisite scallops, priced at $45 USD. Each of these delectable morsels commands a hefty price tag of approximately $3, surpassing even a pound of aged steak.
But trust us when we say that the taste is worth every penny! The beauty of this recipe lies not only in its tantalizing flavors but also in its ease and efficiency.
Once you’ve expertly wrapped the scallops in bacon, the air fryer does the rest of the work, requiring just 6-8 minutes of cooking time.
We understand that scallops aren’t always available at the local grocery store. Convenience is key, and you can easily find frozen scallops at popular retailers such as Costco, Trader Joe’s, and other reputable brands.
🚨 Important! Look for scallops that are large enough to be wrapped in bacon!
Whether you’re in the mood for a quick and impressive feast or a well-planned gourmet extravaganza, our air fryer bacon wrapped scallops have got you covered.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops Ingredients
You only need a few simple ingredients to create an appetizer that will blow you away!
- Garlic powder
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
ASMR Recipe Video: Air Fried Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Don’t have time to read? We made this short recipe video just for you. 😉
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Cook Bacon Wrapped Scallops in the Air Fryer?
Making these air fryer bacon-wrapped scallops is easy and doesn’t take more than 15 minutes, now that’s convenient gourmet!
1. Get your scallops ready.
If using frozen scallops, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight or in a closed package submerged in cold water, changing the water every 30 minutes until the scallops are defrosted.
If the scallops (fresh or thawed) still have the side muscle attached, gently remove it before proceeding. Pat all the scallops dry with a paper towel.
2. Prepare the basting sauce.
In a small bowl with a baby whisk (optional but highly recommended 😉), combine the melted butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it cook for 5 minutes without food.
Preheating your air fryer before cooking bacon-wrapped scallops is highly recommended for more tender and juicy results, as well as to ensure a more accurate cooking time.
4. Slice bacon in half.
Carefully cut the bacon strips in half, creating 6 short strips of bacon.
5. Wrap the scallops with the halved bacon strips.
Wrap each scallop in a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
6. Baste and air fry bacon-wrapped scallops for 4 minutes.
When the air fryer is preheated, add the bacon-wrapped scallops and generously brush the tops with the garlic butter. Air fry for 2 minutes before basting again, then continue air frying for another 2 minutes.
7. Flip, baste again, and air fry bacon-wrapped scallops for another 3-4 minutes.
Flip the scallops, baste one last time with the garlic butter, then air fry for an additional 3-4 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and the scallops are cooked.
I used a 6-quart air fryer to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
8. Treat yourself to a fancy air fried bacon wrapped scallops.
When the scallops are cooked and the bacon is crispy, remove the scallops from the air fryer and transfer to a plate to serve.
Enjoy your decadent air fryer bacon-wrapped scallops!
Looking for fun serving ideas? We’ve got you covered!
Drinks: The richness of the bacon and the delicate sweetness of the scallops call for a perfectly balanced beverage. A crisp and refreshing sparkling wine or champagne complements the flavors superbly, adding a touch of elegance to your dining experience.
Sauce: A classic choice is a tangy and creamy tartar sauce, offering a delightful contrast to the savory bacon.
For a touch of exotic flair, try a zesty mango salsa, combining the sweetness of the fruit with a hint of heat from jalapeños.
Alternatively, a velvety garlic aioli adds a luscious creaminess that perfectly complements the smoky bacon and tender scallops.
Whether you’re hosting a glamorous gathering or enjoying a cozy dinner for two, these delightful morsels are sure to impress!
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: When the air fryer bacon wrapped scallops have cooled completely, add them to a zip-top bag or airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Fridge: When the scallops have cooled completely, add them to a zip-top bag or airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Reheating: To reheat, add to an air fryer preheated to 370ºF and air fry just until the bacon is re-crisped and the scallops are hot, about 3 minutes.
Bacon Wrapped Scallops in Air Fryer FAQs
Can you air fry bacon wrapped scallops?
Yes, you can air fry bacon-wrapped scallops. It will only take less than 10 minutes to cook in the air fryer.
How long does it take to air fry bacon wrapped scallops?
If you’re making bacon-wrapped scallops using fresh ingredients, you’ll need to cook them on both sides for 3-4 minutes at 400°F (204°C). Or to make sure it’s cooked through, the internal temperature should reach 145°F (62°C) or higher.
How long does it take to air fry frozen bacon wrapped scallops?
Frozen bacon-wrapped scallops will take 10 minutes to air fry at 400°F (204°C). For an even finish, flip them halfway through cooking.
Best Ever Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops Recipe +Video
- 6 scallops large
- 3 bacon strips thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Prepare the scallops by removing any leftover side muscle. If they are frozen, leave them in the refrigerator overnight to thaw.
- While preheating, prepare basting sauce. Mix butter, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC).
- Cut bacon in half, set aside. To make it thinner, stretch the bacon strips before wrapping.
- Wrap the scallops with the thinly sliced bacon strips. Use a toothpick to secure the bacon in place. Repeat the process for the remaining scallops.
- Carefully transfer the scallops wrapped in bacon into the preheated air fryer, then baste it with the butter-garlic mixture and cook it for 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes flip them and baste the other side. Continue air frying bacon wrapped scallops for 3-4 or until golden. To make sure your scallops are done, the internal temperature should reach 145°F (62°C). Save any leftover sauce from the air fryer basket.
- Brush your air fryer bacon-wrapped scallops with the leftover sauce! Serve with lemon wedges! Enjoy!
- Use large scallops for better presentation; small ones will shrink even further.
- If you have frozen scallops, thaw them overnight for best results. Cooking from frozen will lead to a longer cooking time and in effect, dryer texture.
- Leave your thawed scallops in room temperature for at least 30 minutes before air frying.
- Pro Tip: To prevent the toothpick from getting burned, soak them in water for at least 15 minutes.
- Do not thaw pre-made frozen bacon-wrapped scallops. Put them straight into a preheated air fryer.
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400°F (204°C) and then let it cook for 4-5 minutes without food.
- FDA suggests cooking any seafood to an internal temperature of 145°F (62°C) or higher.
- I used a 6-quart Instant Pot Vortex Plus to test the air fryer bacon wrapped scallops recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making the bacon wrapped scallops air fryer recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!