Turn an already-delicious apple into a craveable, crispy treat in minutes with this Air Fryer Apple Fries Recipe! They’re so good, you’ll have to fry it to believe it!
This air fryer recipe combines 3 simple ingredients to create something so satisfying that you’ll find yourself making them at least once a week, if not more.
They’re great as an after-school snack, healthy dessert, or any time of day sugar-craving-crusher.
✨ Bonus: you probably already have the ingredients in your pantry!
Apple Fries Air Fryer Recipe Ingredients
These are all you need to make the Air Fryer Apple Wedges.
- Graham cracker crumbs
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
You can use a variety of apples to create these sweet, crunchy treats, and the finished flavor of your apple fries will vary depending on the apples you choose.
For a tarter apple fry, choose Granny Smith or Pink Lady apples. For a fry that’s both tart and sweet, either Golden Delicious or HoneyCrisp is the way to go. The sweetest apples include Gala, Fuji, and Ambrosia; if you’ve got a real sweet tooth, those are the apples for you!
My personal favorite for this recipe is HoneyCrisp, because I love how the subtle tartness is complimented by the sweet graham cracker crumbs, creating a snack I simply can’t put down!
😋 Flavor Booster: For an extra hit of fall-inspired flavor, use cinnamon graham crackers instead of plain ones.
ASMR Recipe Video: Air Fryer Apple Fries
Prefer to watch instead of reading? Watch this quick recipe video on how to make Air Fryer Apple Wedges.
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Cook Apple Fries in an Air Fryer?
Making air fryer apple wedges or apple fries is simpler than you think. 15 minutes is all you need to whip up these tasty, fruity treats!
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (204°C) for 5 minutes.
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it cook for 5 minutes.
You may also skip this step by adding 2-minute increments to your cooking time until you achieve a golden brown finish.
2. Slice the apples using apple corer.
Using an apple corer or knife, carefully cut each apple into segments, discarding the core. There’s no need to peel the apple.
3. Prepare egg wash and graham crumbs.
In a small bowl, crack 1 large egg and beat until the yolk and egg white are combined without any large streaks of egg white visible.
To turn the graham crackers into crumbs, break 5 graham cracker sheets into pieces.
From here, either pulse the pieces in a food processor or put the pieces in a zip-top bag and crush with a rolling pin. Process/crush until the crumbs are the texture of sand. Add the crumbs to a small bowl.
4. Coat the apple wedges.
Dip an apple slice into the egg wash, turn to coat, let any excess egg drip off and then immediately dip into the graham cracker crumbs. Coat the slice evenly in crumbs, shaking off any excess, then transfer the slice to a plate. Repeat with the remaining slices until all slices are coated.
5. Air fry the Apple Fries at 400ºF (204ºC) for 8-12 minutes.
When the air fryer is preheated, add all apple slices to the basket, ensuring they are not touching each other. Cook, undisturbed, for 8 to 12 minutes or until the fries are golden and crispy and the apples are tender.
📝 Note: I used a 6-quart air fryer to make this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Using tongs, carefully remove hot apple slices to a plate and serve immediately with caramel dip, if using.
Now, that’s how you make an Air Fryer Apple Fries.
Apple Wedges Air Fryer Recipe FAQs
What kind of apple is the best for the air fryer apple fries recipe?
Granny smith apples will work best for air fryer apple fries. The acidity from those green apples will balance the sweetness of the caramel dip.
How long does it take to cook apple fries in the air fryer?
The apple fries air fryer recipe will take 8-12 minutes to cook at 400°F (204°C). Cooking time and temperature will vary from air fryer to air fryer. It’s best to start with 8 minutes, then continue cooking until your apple wedges becomes crispy and slightly golden brown (optional).
Can you make apple wedges in an air fryer?
Yes, you can make apple wedges or apple fries in the air fryer. You can cook it at 400°F (204°C) for 8-12 minutes. Here’s a recipe that you can follow.
Scrumptious Air Fryer Apple Fries, Ready in 15 Minutes
- 2 pieces apples
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (204°C) for 5 minutes.
- Slice the apples with an apple corer. Set aside for assembly.
- Prepare the breading and egg wash. In a small bowl, beat the eggs. In a separate shallow dish, add the graham cracker crumbs.
- Coat the apple wedges with egg wash and graham cracker crumbs. First, dip each apple slice into the beaten eggs, making sure they are coated on both sides. Then, roll the apple slice into the graham cracker crumbs.
- Air fry the apple fries at 400°F (204°C) for 8 to 12 minutes or until the apples are tender and the crust is golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy! Remove the apple slices from the air fryer and serve hot. Ohhh.. By the way, don’t forget the caramel dip!
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat mode, you can simply set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it cook for 5 minutes.
- You can skip preheating by adding 2-4 minutes to your cooking time. Increment gradually to prevent your dish from burning.
- Try using granny smith apples for extra flavor.
- You may need to work in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer. Be sure to let the air fryer basket cool between batches to prevent sticking.
- I used a 6-quart air fryer to make these apple wedges. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time. Then increment gradually until you achieve your desired finish.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making this Apple Fries Air Fryer Recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!