Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza may just be the best foodie hack EVER! It’s the easiest, quickest and cheapest way to make crispy and cheesy pizza at home. 🤯 Fry it, to believe it!
Tortillas are great for many things- tacos, burritos, wraps, and now…. PIZZA!
Using a tortilla for the crust in pizza is not only quick and convenient, but super tasty and results in a crust that’s crispy on the outside and soft in the center!
I’d like to call this Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza recipe ‘The Unlimited Thin-Crust Pizza Glitch.’
It really is the quickest and easiest way to make thin-crust pizza at home.
It’s faster than ordering food from Uber Eats, Doordash, Skip the Dishes, Grubhub, or any other delivery app on your phone.
It’s even quicker than air-frying a store-bought frozen pizza.
Once you’ve added the toppings, you just need to wait five minutes for your piping hot, crispy-licious pizza. Slice it up and you’ve got A-quality pizza in the blink of an eye…seriously! 😜
The best part is, you’re not limited to pepperoni pizza—you can make any flavor you want! I’ll give you more topping options down below, so stay tuned.
Pepperoni Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza Ingredients
Here’s all you need to make a thin crust air-fried pepperoni tortilla pizza.
- Tortillas (flour)
- Pizza Sauce
- Cheese (preferably mozzarella)
- Pepperoni slices
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
Just like traditional pizza, the options for toppings are pretty much unlimited! In this recipe, we went with pepperoni, but you could seriously use anything you wanted on top of the pizza!
Optional Toppings: pepperoni, sausage, cooked shredded chicken, cooked ground beef, pineapple, ham, peppers, mushrooms
Garnish: chopped fresh basil, drizzle of hot honey
If you’re using a veggie or protein that needs to be cooked (like sausage or onions), be sure to cook that topping BEFORE putting it on the pizza. The tortilla pizza cooks for only a short time in the air fryer, so it isn’t long enough to cook the toppings from raw.
Recipe Video: Air Fried Tortilla Pizza
Don’t have time to read? We made this short recipe video just for you. 😉
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Make Tortilla Pizza in the Air Fryer?
Making tortilla pizza in the air fryer is not only easy, but it’s also FUN! Who doesn’t love a pizza night, especially when the pizzas only cook for 5 minutes each??
Note: the pizzas need to be assembled in the air fryer basket, otherwise the toppings/sauce will go everywhere in trying to transfer the pizza into the basket.
The size of your tortilla pizza will depend on the size of your air fryer, which is the only limiting factor in this recipe. If you have a smaller air fryer, simply use a smaller flour tortilla.
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it cook without food for 5 minutes.
You may also skip this step by adding 1-2 minutes to your cooking time until you achieve a golden brown finish.
2. Assemble the tortilla pizza.
When the air fryer is preheated, lay the tortilla flat into the bottom of the basket. Carefully assemble the pizza using your desired toppings.
3. Air fry tortilla pizza for 4-5 minutes.
Once your pizza is assembled, air fry until the toppings are hot and the cheese is melted, about 4-5 minutes!
I used a 6-quart air fryer to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
4. Serve and enjoy your crispy air fried tortilla pizza!
When your pizza is cooked and crispy, carefully transfer it to a cutting board. Allow it to cool for a minute or two before cutting it into slices and serving!!
We love ALL the pizzas, so we wanted to give you some other inspiration of topping/sauce combinations to try!
Margherita: Tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and sliced tomatoes.
Pepperoni: Tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni slices.
BBQ Chicken: BBQ sauce, cooked chicken breast, red onions, cilantro, and mozzarella cheese.
Veggie: Tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, bell peppers, red onions, black olives, and mushrooms.
Meat Lovers: Tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, sausage, bacon, and ground beef.
Hawaiian: Tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, ham, pineapple chunks, and bacon.
Mediterranean: Pesto sauce, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, black olives, artichoke hearts, and spinach.
Buffalo Chicken: Buffalo sauce, cooked chicken breast, red onions, blue cheese crumbles, and mozzarella cheese.
White Pizza: Olive oil, minced garlic, ricotta cheese, spinach, and Parmesan cheese.
Four Cheese: Tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, provolone cheese, and gorgonzola cheese.
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: We don’t recommend freezing your air fryer tortilla pizzas! You can make a new one in no time at all.
Fridge: Once the pizza has cooled completely, add the slices to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheating: To reheat your pizza, add (topping-side-up) to an air fryer preheated to 370ºF and air fry until re-crisped and hot, about 2-3 minutes!
Tortilla Pizza in Air Fryer FAQs
Can you make tortilla pizza in an air fryer?
Yes, you can make tortilla pizza in the air fryer, and it’s super quick and easy. Simply add the tortilla wrap in the preheated air fryer, spread the sauce, and add your favorite toppings. Then air fry it at 400°F (204°C) for 4-5 minutes or until golden and crispy.
How long does it take to air fry tortilla pizza?
It will take 4-5 minutes to air fry a tortilla pizza at 400°F (204°C). Be sure to keep an eye on your pizza as it can quickly get burned.
5-Minute Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza Recipe (+Video)
- 1 tortilla wrap
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup pepperoni slices
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (204°C).
- Once the air fryer is preheated, you can put together the tortilla pizza. Start by placing the flour tortilla carefully in the air fryer basket. Next, spread the pizza sauce evenly using a brush or spatula. Sprinkle it with mozzarella cheese, and finally, top it off with the pepperoni slices.
- Air fry tortilla pizza for 4-5 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Carefully remove the air fried tortilla pizza from the air fryer basket with a non-abrasive spatula. Garnish it with fresh basil or drizzle it with hot honey. Serve and enjoy!
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400°F (204°C) and then let it cook for 4-5 minutes without food.
- You can also skip preheating by adding 2-3 minutes to your cooking time. Increment gradually, to prevent burning the pizza.
- You can choose any topping you like: pepperoni, sausage, cooked shredded chicken, cooked ground beef, pineapple, ham, peppers, mushrooms.
- Check the size of your air fryer before buying a flour tortilla. You can even get a whole-grain one to make a low-carb version of this recipe.
- If your tortilla is too big for your air fryer basket, slice it into 4 pieces and cook them in batches.
- I used a 6-quart Instant Vortex Plus to test the air fryer tortilla pizza recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on the size and type of your air fryer. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time. Immediately take the tortilla pizza out once it’s golden brown. It can get burnt quickly.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Click here to go back to detailed step-by-step instructions ↑.
Have you tried making the tortilla pizza air fryer recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Are you on Instagram? Share your photo and tag us at @fryitco. We can’t wait to see what you’ve made!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
You can also find us on Facebook & Tiktok 🙂. See you there!
Thank you for your support!