Looking for a mouthwatering meal that’s hassle-free? Get ready to be amazed by our Air Fryer Pork Chops No Breading recipe. Succulent bone-in (or boneless) pork chops, seasoned to perfection, cooked to juicy goodness right in your air fryer. Your taste buds are in for a treat!
Notes: We are currently in the development and testing stage for this air fryer bone in pork chops no breading recipe. Stay tuned for more updates. If you have any tips on making this dish even better, please leave us a comment below. We appreciate your input!
Here’s a video of a similar recipe that we’re going for.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Pork Chops No Breading
Here are all you need to make air fried pork chops no breading.
- Pork chops
- Olive oil
- Brown sugar
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Dried thyme
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
You can use bone-in or boneless pork chops for this recipe. The only difference would be the cooking time. With the same thickness of an inch (2.54 cm), the duration for boneless should be 10 – 12 minutes.
Besides thyme, you can also use other dried herbs, such as oregano or rosemary. It’ll turn out tasty, nonetheless. If you tried a different herb, leave a note below to tell us how flavorful it is.
As for the chili powder, you can skip that if you don’t like spicy food. But if you want spicy pork chops, go for cayenne pepper instead.
How to Cook Pork Chops No Breading in an Air Fryer?
When it comes to whipping up a delectable dish without the fuss, Air Fryer Pork Chops No Breading is a game-changer. Trust me, you’ll wonder why you haven’t tried this sooner!
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, set your desired temperature then let it cook for 5 minutes without food.
🚨 Important: Reduce the cooking temperature to 380°F (193°C) if you’re using a 4-quart air fryer or smaller. They are hotter due to the heating element being closer to the food.
2. Prepare ingredients.
Let’s start with the dry rub! Mix a flavorful blend of brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, dried thyme, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Set it aside.
Pat dry the pork chops with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
Now, give your pork chops a quick rubdown with olive oil. Make sure the pork is fully oiled.
Then, sprinkle the spice blend on the meat. Give it a good massage to coat every nook and cranny. Don’t forget the sides!
Remember, the key to a great dish is attention to detail. Give your pork chops the care they need, and you’ll be rewarded with fantastic flavor!
3. Air fry pork chops (no breading) for 12 – 16 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC).
With your pork chops all prepped, it’s time to dive into the air fryer magic.
Gently place your seasoned pork chops into the air fryer while giving them some breathing room.
You see, providing ample space between the pork chops ensures proper air circulation. This allows the hot air to reach all sides of the chops, resulting in evenly cooked pork.
That’s why you shouldn’t overcrowd your air fryer and ensure the porks do not overlap too.
Slide that basket into your preheated air fryer and let the enchantment begin. Cook your pork chops at 400ºF (204ºC) for 6 – 8 minutes per side.
To ensure they’re cooked to perfection, whip out your meat thermometer and make sure they reach an internal temperature of 145ºF (63ºC). Using a meat thermometer guarantees accuracy in cooking, leaving no guesswork involved.
4. Serve & Enjoy!
Congratulations, you’ve just created a masterpiece!
Serve your air fried pork chops (no breading) alongside your favorite sides. Whether it’s a zesty coleslaw, buttery corn on the cob, or fluffy mashed potatoes, these chops are ready to steal the show.
And remember, a little rest goes a long way. Give those chops a cozy 5-minute rest before digging in. Trust me, patience will pay off in flavor!
So there you have it, folks – Air Fryer Pork Chops No Breading that’s a breeze to make and a joy to savor. Dive into this culinary adventure and discover how fabulous air fryer cooking can be.
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: You can refreeze the pork chops for up to 3 months. To do this, simply let the pork cool down to room temperature. Then, transfer them to a freezer-safe bag, Ziploc perhaps, and keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To reheat, thaw them overnight in the fridge, then follow the reheating instructions below.
FYI, you can also air fry pork chops from frozen.
Fridge: If you have leftovers, pop them in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Reheating: When you’re ready to relive the magic, simply reheat in your air fryer for 5 – 7 minutes at 350ºF (177ºC), and you’re good to go.
Air Fryer Pork Chops (No Breading, No Problem)
- 2 pork chops bone-in (1-inch thick / 2.54cm)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: fresh herbs for garnish such as rosemary or thyme
- Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC) for 5 minutes.
- Create the dry rub. Combine sugar, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, thyme, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well until uniform.
- Season the Pork Chops. Pat dry the pork chops with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Then, rub both sides with olive oil. Evenly sprinkle the dry rub on all sides of the pork chops.
- Air fry the No Breading Pork Chops. Arrange the pork in a single layer in the air fryer, ensuring they're not crowded for optimal air circulation. Cook at 400ºF (204ºC) for 12 – 16 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Check for doneness. With a meat thermometer, check the pork’s internal temperature. Fully cooked pork chops will have a minimum of 145ºF (63ºC).
- Let the meat rest for 5 minutes. Once cooked, remove the pork chops from the air fryer, and let it rest. This essential step allows the juices to distribute evenly, resulting in tender and succulent pork chops.
- Serve and enjoy your air fried pork chops, no breading. Sprinkle some fresh herbs for an aromatic finishing touch. Then, pair it with your favorite sides. Whether it's a vibrant mixed greens salad, garlic roasted Brussels sprouts or buttery mashed sweet potatoes.
- Considering that cooking time varies depending on the meat’s thickness (and your air fryer’s specs), always check with a meat thermometer if your pork is cooked thoroughly. The pork’s safe internal temperature is a minimum of 145ºF (63ºC).
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 380°F (193°C) and then let it cook for 4-5 minutes without food.
- You can skip preheating by adding 2-4 minutes to your cooking time. Increment gradually to prevent burning the pork chops, with no breading.
- I used a 6-quart (air fryer) to test the pork chops without breading. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making the air fryer pork chop no breading recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!