Get ready to be blown away by the simplicity and taste of our Frozen Pork Chops In Air Fryer recipe! With just a handful of ingredients and your air fryer, you’ll have tender and juicy pork chops ready to serve in no time. Fry it to believe it!
Notes: We are currently in the development and testing stage for this frozen pork chops in air fryer recipe. Stay tuned for more updates. If you have any tips on making this dish even better, please leave us a comment below. We appreciate your input!
Here’s a video of a similar recipe that we’re going for.
Ingredients for Frozen pork chops in air fryer
Here are all you need to make air fried frozen pork chops.
- Frozen pork chops
- Avocado oil
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Smoked paprika
- Dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
Swap dried thyme with dried rosemary when seasoning your frozen pork chops for a unique twist. Rosemary adds a delightfully earthy and aromatic note that complements the pork beautifully, giving it a distinct and satisfying taste.
No onion powder? No problem!
Opt for finely minced fresh onions (about 1½ tablespoons) to replace them in your seasoning mix. The fresh onions infuse the pork chops with natural sweetness and vibrant flavor, elevating the taste and providing a homemade touch to your air-fried delight.
Also, add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper if you want a little kick to your recipe.
Here’s the deal:
If you have a homemade (or store-bought) pork dry rub feel free to use that too! I bet it’s going to turn out really well. Let us know what dry rub you used by leaving a note below.
How to Cook Frozen Pork Chops in an Air Fryer?
1. Preheat your air fryer to 380ºF (193ºC).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, set your desired temperature then let it cook for 5 minutes without food.
🚨 Important: Reduce the cooking temperature to 380°F (193°C) if you’re using a 4-quart air fryer or smaller. They are hotter due to the heating element being closer to the food.
2. Prepare the ingredients.
While your air fryer is preheating, let’s get the pork chops ready for their air fryer adventure.
Mix garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, dried thyme, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. This flavorful seasoning will elevate your pork chops to a whole new level of deliciousness!
Rub avocado oil on both sides of the pork chops. This step will ensure the seasoning sticks well and the chops cook to perfection. Then, sprinkle the seasoning blend you made. Make sure every inch of the pork is well-flavored.
3. Air fry frozen pork chops for 16 – 20 minutes at 380ºF (193ºC).
Now comes the exciting part!
Place the pork chops in the air fryer in a single layer. Ensure they’re not overcrowded; if you need to cook them in batches, go for it!
Air fry the pork chops at 380ºF (193ºC) for 8 – 10 minutes per side. Flip them halfway through the cooking time to achieve that beautiful golden-brown color on both sides.
Note: For this recipe, we’re using bone-in pork chops. The cooking time will be shorter if you have a frozen boneless pork chop. The same is true if you have thinner pork chops.
So, to ensure your pork chops are cooked to perfection, use an instant read-thermometer starting at the 12-minute mark.
Your pork chops are ready once they read 145ºF (63ºC).
4. Serve & enjoy!
After cooking, rest the pork chops at room temperature for 3 – 5 minutes. This resting time will help the juices distribute evenly throughout the meat, ensuring every bite is tender and succulent.
Serve your air-fried frozen pork chops with your favorite sides. Whether it’s creamy mashed potatoes or steamed veggies, they’ll be the perfect companions to your delightful pork chops.
Enjoy your hassle-free and oh-so-delicious frozen pork chops in an air fryer meal! Your air fryer just became your new best friend in the kitchen. Happy cooking!
If you like pork chops, you might like this recipe: air fryer breaded pork chops.
What to Serve with Frozen Pork Chops?
Pairing your Frozen pork chops in air fryer with the right sides can take your meal from ordinary to extraordinary. Here are three fantastic options to complement your delicious air-fried pork chops:
- Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Creamy and buttery mashed potatoes are a classic and comforting choice. Whip up a batch of velvety mashed potatoes with roasted garlic, butter, and a splash of milk for the perfect accompaniment to your tender pork chops.
- Roasted Vegetable Medley. For a healthier option, roast colorful veggies, such as carrots, zucchini, bell peppers, and broccoli, tossed in avocado oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. The caramelized flavors from the roasting process will add a delightful contrast to the savory pork chops.
- Fresh Garden Salad. Lighten up your meal with a refreshing garden salad. Mix crisp lettuce leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, and red onion rings. Drizzle with your favorite dressing for a freshness that complements the richness of the pork chops.
Try the classic barbecue sauce for a smoky-sweet kick. For a creamy and garlicky option, go with the irresistible garlic aioli. Each dip adds a flavor that perfectly complements your juicy pork chops.
Freezing & Storage
If you have leftovers (though we doubt there’ll be any), you can store them in an airtight container. They can last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. To reheat, pop the pork chops back in the air fryer at 350ºF (177ºC) for 5 – 7 until warmed through.
Unfortunately, you can’t re-freeze this recipe.
Can you air fry frozen pork chops?
Yes, you can air fry frozen pork chops. Preheat to 380ºF (193ºC) for 5 mins. Then, cook for 16 – 20 mins, flipping halfway. Enjoy juicy pork chops without defrosting!
How long to cook frozen pork chops in an air fryer?
Cook frozen pork chops for 16 – 20 mins in a preheated air fryer at 380ºF (193ºC). Flip halfway for even cooking. Serve tender and juicy results!
Fail-Proof Frozen Pork Chops in Air Fryer
- 2 frozen pork chops bone-in
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 380ºF (193ºC) for 5 minutes.
- Create the dry rub seasoning. Mix garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, dried thyme, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Season the frozen pork. Rub both sides of the frozen pork chops with avocado oil, ensuring they're well-coated. Sprinkle the seasoning mix evenly on both sides of the pork chops, pressing it gently to adhere.
- Air fry frozen pork chops. Transfer the pork chops to the air fryer and arrange in a single layer. Cook the pork chops at 380ºF (193ºC) for 8 – 10 minutes per side, for a total of 16 – 20 minutes. Flip halfway through to ensure even browning.
- Check the pork's internal temperature using a meat thermometer. They're ready when they reach 145ºF (63ºC). Otherwise, continue air frying for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the pork chops from the air fryer and let them rest for 3 – 5 minutes. This'll help them retain their juices.
- Serve and enjoy your air-fried pork chops with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes or steamed vegetables.
- Considering that cooking time varies depending on the meat’s thickness (and your air fryer’s specs), always check with a meat thermometer if your pork is cooked thoroughly. The pork’s safe internal temperature is a minimum of 145ºF (63ºC).
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 380°F (193°C) and then let it cook for 4-5 minutes without food.
- You can skip preheating by adding 2-4 minutes to your cooking time. Increment gradually to prevent burning the frozen pork chops.
- I used a 6-quart (air fryer) to test the frozen pork chops. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making the air fryer frozen pork chops recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!