This Air Fryer Yogurt Toast Recipe went viral for a reason! Creamy, crispy, sweet and tangy—it’s so good, you’ll have to—Fry it to believe it!
As creatures of habit, we tend to get stuck in a rut when it comes to our weekly meal planning, specifically for breakfast.
Breakfast feels rushed most of the time, so you rarely think to yourself…hmm, what new breakfast dish could I make, while I’m frantically running around trying to get the kids ready for school?
Well, we have a new breakfast idea that is so delicious, it recently went viral on social media platform Tik Tok—Air Fryer Yogurt Toast!
Yogurt Toast is almost like a cross between toast and French toast, and it is so much more delicious than you could imagine!
It is also a really quick and easy option that packs some good nutrition, making it a great breakfast in a pinch for you or the kids!
Greek Yogurt Custard toast Ingredients
This recipe’s ingredients are probably all things you already have at home! No shopping, no problem!
- Brioche bread
- Greek yogurt
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
We love the subtle sweetness and buttery-ness of brioche bread, so that’s the bread we chose for this version of the recipe, but you can use any sliced bread that you have available!
For fruit, you could use peaches, plums, apples, pears, or anything that you like! We love berries, so we decided to use strawberries and blueberries. You could also forgo the fruit altogether, if you’d prefer something like raisins or even chocolate chips!
ASMR Recipe Video: Air Fried Yogurt French Toast
Don’t have time to read? We made this short recipe video just for you. 😉
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Make Yogurt Toast in the Air Fryer?
This yogurt toast air fryer recipe is perfect for breakfast because it’s done in less than 15 minutes (including the preheat time). You could even prep the fruit and make the yogurt mixture in step 3 ahead of time, so in the morning, all you have to do is assemble!
1. Cut the strawberries into thin slices.
Clean the strawberries well and pat them dry. Remove the tops of the strawberries and slice into thin slices. Set aside.
2. Create a well in the center of each bread slice.
Using a little bowl or spoon, create a well in the center of each slice of bread for the filling.
3. Prepare the yogurt-based custard mixture.
In a small bowl, whisk an egg until thoroughly combined. Then, add maple syrup, Greek yogurt, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
4. Preheat the air fryer to 370°F (187°C).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 370°F (187°C) and then let it cook without food for 4-5 minutes.
You may also skip this step by adding 2-3 minutes to your cooking time until you achieve your desired finish.
5. Put together the yogurt French toast.
It may be easier to assemble your toast slices inside the air fryer basket or on the air fryer rack, so as to not spill the filling. Add 1-2 tablespoons of custard filling to the well of each bread slice. Then, add the strawberries or other fruit.
🤩 Fun Tip! For a crispy, sweet addition, sprinkle on ½ tsp turbinado sugar to the top of each bread slice.
6. Air fry custard toasts for 6-8 minutes.
Once the toast slices are assembled and the air fryer is preheated, air fry for 6-8 minutes or until the tops of the slices are golden and the custard is cooked.
I used a 6-quart air fryer to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
7. Serve and enjoy your air fried yogurt toast!
When the air fryer yogurt toast is golden and crisp, transfer to a plate and allow to sit for 1-2 minutes before serving!
Yogurt toast is subtly sweet on its own, but would also be good sprinkled with powdered sugar or dolloped with whipped cream. The toast would also be delicious served with a drizzle of maple syrup or honey and an extra dusting of cinnamon.
We always like to pair a little salty with our sweet, so we suggest serving this toast with some crispy, Air Fryer Turkey Bacon (link to recipe). Together, they make a balanced, healthy breakfast done in less than 20 minutes!
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: Once the Tiktok-inspired toast has cooled completely, add to an airtight container or freezer-safe zip top bag and store for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and follow the instructions below.
Fridge: Allow the toast to cool before adding it to an airtight container or zip top bag. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Reheating: To reheat, add to an air fryer preheated to 350°F and air fry for 3-4 minutes or until reheated and crispy. If air frying from frozen, the ideal cooking time would be 5-6 minutes.
The Best Air Fryer
If you’ve ever questioned the reliability of your current air fryer, it’s time to meet the Instant Vortex Air Fryer – your new kitchen sidekick! Picture effortless cooking, thanks to its 6 automatic functions. PLUS, it’s dishwasher safe, making cleaning a snap. 🤩 Don’t wait, upgrade your air fryer today!
Air Fryer Yogurt Toast FAQs
How to air fry yogurt custard toast?
To air fry yogurt custard toast, first prepare the custard mixture and berries. Then create a well in the center of your bread slice. Next, preheat your air fryer to 370°F (187°C). While preheating, fill the well of the bread slice with custard-yogurt mixture and your choice of berries. Air fry them for 6-8 minutes until golden. Serve and enjoy!
Effortless Air Fryer Yogurt Toast
- 4 slices brioche bread or any type of bread
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons blueberries
- 2 strawberries
- Cut the strawberries into thin slices.
- Using a spoon or a small bowl, create a well in the center of each bread slice.
- Prepare the custard mixture in a small bowl. Whisk together yogurt, egg, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon until fully combined.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F (187°C).
- Assemble the yogurt toast. First, add 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons of custard mixture into the well of the bread slice. Then, add the sliced strawberries and blueberries, or any berry you prefer.
- Take the air fryer basket out and place it on a flat solid surface. Then, carefully place the custard toasts without spilling the contents. Place it back to the air fryer and toast for 6-8 minutes or until golden. Let it cool down for 1-2 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy your air fryer yogurt custard toasts! Optionally, you can sprinkle them with powdered sugar or drizzle maple syrup.
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 370°F (187°C) and then let it cook for 3-4 minutes without food.
- You can also skip preheating by adding 2-3 minutes to your cooking time. However, make sure to constantly check your toast to prevent it from burning.
- You can use any berries or fruits you like such as peaches, plums, apples, pears, etc.
- Fun Tip! For a crispy, sweet addition, sprinkle on ½ tsp turbinado sugar to the top of each bread slice.
- To prevent spilling the custard mixture, take the air fryer basket out and ensure it is perfectly flat before placing it back carefully. Additionally, make sure to only toast bread slices that can fit in your air fryer basket.
- I used a 6-quart Instant Pot Vortex Plus to test the air fryer yogurt toast recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making the yogurt custard toast air fryer recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!