Calling all turkey lovers! Get ready for a flavor explosion with our Air Fryer Turkey Breast recipe. This juicy and tender turkey, seasoned with a mouthwatering Cajun blend, will have your taste buds dancing with delight. Fry it to believe it!
Important! Cooking full-sized turkey breasts may require a large air fryer. If you have a medium-sized one, consider cooking one turkey breast at a time for optimal results.
For mini air fryers, it likely won’t fit. Check out this delicious air fryer stuffed chicken breast recipe instead.
Notes: We are currently in the development and testing stage for this turkey breast air fryer recipe. Stay tuned for more updates. If you have any tips on making this dish even better, please leave us a comment below. We appreciate your input!
Here’s a video of a similar recipe that we’re going for.
Ingredients for air fryer turkey breast
Here are all you need to make juicy air fried turkey breast.
- Turkey breast
- Cajun Seasoning
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
Not a fan of Cajun seasoning? No worries! You can definitely use other seasoning blends. Using your own seasoning, simply follow this recipe, and you’ll be golden.
Opt for a simple herb seasoning with garlic powder, dried thyme, rosemary, salt, and black pepper for a milder option.
How to Cook Turkey Breast in an Air Fryer?
Cooking turkey can be intimidating, but it can be less daunting with an air fryer! Say goodbye to dry and dull turkey and hello to juicy perfection.
1. Prepare the Ingredients Part 1
Allow the turkey breast to come to room temperature before cooking for better results.
Take it out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before air frying to ensure even cooking and juiciness throughout the meat. This simple step will help you achieve a mouthwatering, flawlessly cooked turkey breast.
2. Preheat your air fryer to 360ºF (182ºC)
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, set your desired temperature then let it cook for 5 minutes without food.
🚨 Important: Reduce the cooking temperature to 380°F (193°C) if you’re using a 4-quart air fryer or smaller. They are hotter due to the heating element being closer to the food.
3. Prepare the Ingredients Part 2
I had to divide the subsection to follow the correct chronological order. Anyway…
While the air fryer is preheating, do the following:
- Make the Cajun seasoning by combining paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, cayenne pepper, dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Mix the Cajun seasoning with softened butter. Not melted. If the butter is melted, you’ll find it challenging to season the turkey.
- Pat the turkey breast dry with paper towels. This step helps the seasoning stick better and ensures a flavorful bite in every morsel.
Now that our ingredients are set, it’s time to take your turkey to the next level of flavor.
Generously rub the seasoned butter all over the turkey, covering it with love and flavor.
For an extra burst of deliciousness, gently lift the turkey skin and apply the seasoned butter underneath, infusing the meat with even more savory goodness. Your taste buds will thank you for going the extra mile.
4. Air Fry the Turkey Breast at 360ºF (182ºC) for 40 – 60 minutes.
Place the seasoned turkey breast into the air fryer, bone side up. Cook the turkey breast for 40 – 60 minutes at 360ºF (182ºC).
Flip the turkey halfway through the cooking time to get that perfectly crispy skin.
You might be wondering why the cooking range is so far apart? Simple. Cooking times vary based on many factors, such as your air fryer’s model, size, the turkey breast’s thickness, initial temperature, etc.
Thus, using an instant-read thermometer when cooking poultry is an excellent practice. It can also prevent overcooking.
Simply put, double-check that the turkey breast reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF (71ºC) before removing it from the air fryer. Don’t worry; the temperature will continually rise in the next step.
Pro tip: If you cook it way past 165ºF (74ºC), you’ll end up with a dry turkey.
5. Let the turkey breast rest for 5 – 10 minutes.
After removing it from the air fryer, cover the turkey breast with aluminum foil and let it rest for 5 – 10 minutes. Allowing the turkey to rest is crucial as it helps redistribute the flavorful juices throughout the meat. At the same time, the temperature rises to a safe 165ºF (74ºC).
This resting period ensures a succulent and perfectly cooked turkey breast that will impress your taste buds! So, DO NOT SKIP.
6. Serve & Enjoy!
Now comes the exciting part – serving!
To make it easy for everyone to enjoy, carve the turkey breast with these simple steps:
- Locate the Breastbone: Place the turkey breast with the bone side up. Find the breastbone running down the center, and use a sharp knife to make a shallow cut along one side of the bone.
- Slice Along the Breastbone: Carefully follow the curve of the breastbone, cutting through the meat until you reach the bottom. This will release the first slice of succulent turkey breast.
- Slice Across the Grain: Continue slicing the turkey breast, cutting across the grain for tender, juicy pieces. Adjust the thickness according to your preference.
- Repeat on the Other Side: Turn the turkey breast over and repeat the same process on the other side of the breastbone.
Arrange the slices on a platter and pair your flavorful Air Fried Turkey Breast with your favorite side dishes like creamy mashed potatoes, roasted veggies, or tangy cranberry sauce. You’ll be amazed at how this simple recipe will steal the spotlight on any dining table!
By the way, I find that a simple kewpie (Japanese) mayo pairs well with Cajun. So, feel free to try mayo as the dip.
So there you have it, our easy and flavorful Air Fryer Turkey Breast recipe. This delightful dish is perfect for home cooks of all levels, from beginners to seasoned pros. Fry it to believe it, and prepare for a turkey-tastic culinary journey!
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: And guess what? You can freeze cooked (and sliced) turkey breast for up to 3 months. For an effortless next-day meal, reheat the frozen turkey in the air fryer at 350ºF (175ºC) for 10 – 15 minutes, and voila – a lip-smacking treat!
Fridge: Got leftovers? Lucky you! Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 – 4 days. To reheat, pop the turkey back into the air fryer at 350ºF (175ºC) for 5 – 8 minutes, and it’ll taste just as scrumptious as before!
How long to cook turkey breast in air fryer?
Cooking time for turkey breast in the air fryer ranges from 40 to 60 minutes at 360ºF (182ºC) or until the internal temperature reaches 160ºF (71ºC). Then, letting it rest for 5 – 10 minutes at room temp will allow the turkey to reach the safe temp of 165ºF (74ºC).
Can you cook a turkey breast in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook a turkey breast in an air fryer! It’s a fantastic way to achieve juicy and flavorful results. Just make sure the turkey breast fits comfortably in the air fryer basket.
How to reheat turkey breast in air fryer?
Place the leftover turkey breast in the preheated air fryer and cook for 5 – 7 minutes at 350ºF (177ºC) or until it’s warmed through.
What temp to air fry turkey breast?
For air frying turkey breast, set the temperature to 360ºF (182ºC) and cook for 40 – 60 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF (71ºC). Don’t forget to let the turkey rest for about 5 – 10 minutes after cooking, as this will allow it to reach a safe internal temperature of 165ºF (74ºC).
Easy Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- 1 stick of butter softened
- 1 turkey breast approximately 4 pounds
- 1.5 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Take the turkey breast out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat your air fryer to 360ºF (182ºC) for 5 minutes.
- While the air fryer is preheating, prepare the Cajun seasoning by combining all the seasoning ingredients with the softened butter in a small bowl. Mix well to create a seasoned butter.
- Pat the turkey breast dry with paper towels. Then, rub the seasoned butter all over the turkey breast, covering the entire surface evenly.
- Air fry turkey breasts. Place the turkey in the air fryer, bone side up. Then, cook it at 360ºF (182ºC) for 40 – 60 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF (71ºC).
- Once it reaches 160ºF (71ºC), remove it from the air fryer and cover it with aluminum foil. Let it rest for at least 5 – 10 minutes. During the resting time, the internal temperature will rise to the safe temperature of 165ºF (74ºC).
- Serve & enjoy. After resting, carve and slice the air-fried turkey breast and serve immediately. Pair your flavorful turkey with your favorite side dishes and sauce, and you're ready to enjoy this tasty meal.
- Remember that cooking durations may differ depending on the turkey’s thickness and your air fryer’s size and model. Before serving, ensure it has been cooked to a safe internal temperature of 165ºF (74ºC).
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 380°F (193°C) and then let it cook for 4-5 minutes without food.
- You can skip preheating by adding 2-4 minutes to your cooking time. Increment gradually to prevent burning the turkey breast.
- I used a 6-quart (air fryer) to test the turkey breasts. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making the turkey breast in air fryer recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!