Prepare to impress your palate and embrace the best of summer’s bounty with a delightful twist. Air fryer Zucchini and Squash will take your taste buds on a wild ride. The yellow squash brings a subtle nuttiness to the table, while the zucchini maintains a tender texture while developing a slightly caramelized taste. 🤩 Fry it, to believe it!
Notes: We are currently in the development and testing stage for this squash and zucchini recipe. Stay tuned for more updates. If you have any tips on making this dish even better, please leave us a comment below. We appreciate your input!
Here’s a video of a similar recipe that we’re going for.
Are you craving a quick and delicious way to enjoy those fabulous summer veggies? Get ready to kick your cooking game up a notch with our fantastic recipe for air fryer squash and zucchini!
These tasty delights are bursting with flavor and make the perfect addition to any meal or a satisfying snack all on their own. Let’s dive in and discover the mouthwatering wonders of zucchini and squash, air fryer style!
We all know zucchini and yellow squash bring that summery goodness to the table, but when you combine them with the magical powers of air frying, you take things to a new level of awesomeness.
Imagine a delightful contrast of textures: a tender interior enveloped by a deliciously cooked exterior. It’s a burst of flavor that will make you want to celebrate with every mouthwatering bite!
Ingredients for Air fryer Zucchini and Squash
Making air fried squash and zucchini is so simple and you only need a handful of ingredients! For this delicious side dish, you’ll need:
- Fresh zucchini
- Fresh yellow squash
- Garlic powder
- Cooking spray
- Parsley for garnish
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
How to Air Fry Squash and Zucchini?
Making these air fryer roasted summer vegetables will take only 10 minutes or less. Follow these five simple steps for hassle-free cooking.
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, set your desired temperature then let it cook for 5 minutes without food.
🚨 Important: Reduce the cooking temperature to 380°F (193°C) if you’re using a 4-quart air fryer or smaller. They are hotter due to the heating element being closer to the food.
2. Prepare ingredients.
Start by slicing the zucchini in half lengthwise and then into half-moon pieces about 1/2″ thick . Repeat the process with the yellow squash, ensuring similar-sized pieces.
3. Season your squash and zuccchini.
In a bowl, drizzle the zucchini and yellow squash with olive oil, ensuring each piece is coated. Sprinkle the garlic powder, salt, paprika, and pepper over the vegetables and give them a good toss to ensure even seasoning.
4. Air fry zucchini and squash for 6-8 minutes.
Transfer the seasoned zucchini and yellow squash to the air fryer basket, making sure they are spread out in a single layer. Cook them for approximately 6-8 minutes, or until they reach your desired level of tenderness and browning.
Don’t forget to toss the basket halfway through the cooking process for even browning and cooking.
I used a 6-quart air fryer to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
5. Serve and enjoy your air fried squash and zucchini!
Once your zucchini and yellow squash are roasted to perfection, it’s time to indulge! Serve them hot as a flavorful and healthy side dish or snack.
💡Pro Tip: For an extra kick, sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese or squeeze a little lemon juice over the air-fried zucchini and squash before serving. It’s a simple yet delicious way to elevate the flavors even further.
What to serve with Air Fryer Squash and Zucchini?
Pair your zucchini and yellow squash with these delightful sides or main dishes for a complete and satisfying meal:
- Grilled chicken breast
- Quinoa salad
- Garlic roasted potatoes
- Caprese salad
- Creamy avocado dip
Don’t forget to whip up a tangy garlic aioli or a refreshing tzatziki sauce as a delicious dipping option!
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: Freezing is not recommended for this recipe, as the texture of the zucchini and yellow squash may become watery and less desirable when thawed.
Fridge: Transfer the air-fried zucchini and squash to airtight containers or resealable bags. Refrigerate for up to 3-4 days, but aim to consume within 2-3 days for the best flavor and texture.
Reheating: Preheat to around 360°F (182°C) and air fry the squash and zucchini slices for 3-5 minutes or until they are heated through.
The Best Air Fryer
If you’ve ever questioned the reliability of your current air fryer, it’s time to meet the Instant Vortex Air Fryer – your new kitchen sidekick! Picture effortless cooking, thanks to its 6 automatic functions. PLUS, it’s dishwasher safe, making cleaning a snap. 🤩 Don’t wait, upgrade your air fryer today!
FAQs: Cooking Zucchini & Squash in Air Fryer
Can you air fry zucchini and squash?
Yes, you can definitely air fry zucchini and squash. Air frying is a one of the quickest cooking method to roast these summer vegetables to perfection.
How long does it take to cook squash and zucchini in the air fryer?
The cooking time for zucchini and squash in an air fryer typically ranges from 6 to 10 minutes at high heat. However, it will depend on the thickness of your cut and the specific type of air fryer you’re using.
What’s the difference between summer squash and zucchini?
Summer squash and zucchini are both varieties of squash, but they have slight differences in appearance and flavor. Summer squash generally has a softer, thin skin and comes in various shapes like crookneck, straightneck, and pattypan. Zucchini, on the other hand, has a firmer skin and is typically straight with a darker green color. In terms of taste, zucchini has a slightly sweeter and nuttier flavor compared to summer squash.
How to cook zucchini and squash in the air fryer?
To cook zucchini and squash in the air fryer, first preheat your cooking appliance to high heat, around 380°F to 400°F. Then, slice and season your vegetables. Next, air fry them for about 6-10 minutes, shaking occasionally. Cook until they are slightly browned and tender.
Air Fryer Zucchini and Squash, Roasted to Perfection!
- 1 zucchini fresh
- 1 yellow squash fresh
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 tablespoon Avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon parsley for garnish
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (204°C). If your air fryer has a capacity of 4 quarts or smaller, please see the note for more info.
- Slice the zucchini and yellow squash into crescents, about 1/2" thick. Make sure they are similar in thickness for even cooking.
- Season the vegetables. Place the zucchini and yellow squash in a bowl and drizzle them with olive oil. Toss the vegetables gently to coat them evenly. Sprinkle the garlic powder, salt, paprika, and pepper onto the vegetables, and toss again to ensure they are well-coated with the seasonings.
- Air fry squash and zucchini for 6-8 minutes. Start by transferring the seasoned zucchini and yellow squash to the air fryer basket, ensuring they are spread out in a single layer. Toss the basket halfway through the cooking process for even browning and cooking. Cook until they are slightly golden and tender.
- Once the zucchini and yellow squash are cooked to your liking, they are ready to be served. Enjoy this flavorful and healthy side dish prepared in the air fryer!
- For 4-quart air fryers and smaller, reduce the cooking temperature to 380°F (193°C). They generate more heat because of the heating element’s proximity to the food.
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, set your desired temperature and then let it cook for 4-5 minutes without food.
- I used a 6-quart Instant Pot Vortex Plus to test the Air Fryer Zucchini and Squash recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
- To test for doneness, you can use a fork to poke the squash. If it goes through with slight resistance, it’s ready to be served.
- The texture should be soft but not mushy. Additionally, you can taste a piece to ensure it is cooked to your liking.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried air frying squash and zucchini?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!