Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters are the best way to enjoy all the zucchini summer has to offer! ☀️ The perfect combo of crispy and tender, you’ll have to fry it to believe it!
Get ready to savor the flavor of fresh zucchini with our mouthwatering air fryer zucchini fritters recipe!
These delectable zucchini fritters celebrate the vibrant flavors and textures of this versatile summer squash.
By grating fresh zucchini and combining it with cheese, flour, and a medley of seasonings, we’ve created a fritter dough that crisps to perfection in the air fryer.
It’s one of those healthy air fryer recipes you’ll make over and over again. Though it’s a deliciously filling snack, each patty only contains (approximately) 50 calories.
Pair it with a keto ranch dip, and you’ve just found your new guilt-free low-carb snack.
You can even reduce the calorie content further by replacing the flour with Parmesan cheese or flour alternatives such as almond flour or coconut flour.
Now, let’s make those cirspy-licous summer squash delights!
Zucchini Fritter Air Fryer Recipe Ingredients
You only need 3 fresh ingredients to make these tasty fritters! The rest are pantry/fridge staples you probably already have!
- Baking powder
- Garlic powder
- All-purpose flour
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onion
- Avocado oil spray
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
If you don’t have avocado oil spray, feel free to use another high-heat cooking spray that doesn’t have propellant!
💡Pro Tip: Cooking sprays often contain propellants that can damage air fryer baskets and trays. Whenever possible, use a cooking spray that only contains cooking oil.
And if you want to make this even healthier, replace the all-purpose flour with almond flour or grated Parmesan cheese.
ASMR Recipe Video: Air Fried Zucchini Fritters
Don’t have time to read? We made this short recipe video just for you. 😉
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Make Zucchini Fritter in the Air Fryer?
These zucchini fritters are so easy to make and take less than 30 minutes to make that they’ll become your go-to summer appetizer!
1. Chop the green onion and shred the zucchinis.
Using a hand grater or grating attachment on a food processor, grate the zucchini. Add to a bowl, sprinkle with salt and stir. Set aside.
Finely chop the green onion.
2. Drain the excess water from the shredded zucchini.
Allow the zucchini to sit for at least 10 minutes with the salt. Then, add to a cheesecloth over a bowl and twist to force out any excess moisture.
3. Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (182°C).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 360°F (182°C) and then let it cook for 3-4 minutes without food.
You may also skip this step by adding 2-4 minutes to your cooking time or until you achieve your desired finish.
4. Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
In a large bowl, combine the squeezed zucchini, flour, salt, pepper, baking powder, garlic powder, cheese and green onion. Stir to thoroughly combine.
5. Form the zucchini patties in the air fryer basket.
When the air fryer is preheated, add blobs of the zucchini mixture and gently flatten. Then spray with the avocado oil spray (optional).
🤩 Pro Tip: For a golden and crispy finish, it’s ideal to coat food with oil if it has breading or flour in its ingredients.
6. Air fry zucchini fritters for 5-6 minutes on each side.
Air fry the zucchini fritters for 5-6 minutes before flipping and air frying for another 5-6 minutes, or until your fritters are golden and crisp.
I used a 6-quart air fryer to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
7. Serve and enjoy your air fried zucchini fritters!
When the fritters are done, carefully transfer them to a plate and serve immediately! Enjoy your delicious air fryer zucchini fritters!
We personally think these fritters would be amazing dipped into ranch dressing, but sriracha mayo would be delicious too! If you want, you can even top a salad with a few zucchini fritters and a sprinkle of feta cheese for a lunch that’ll blow you away!
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: Allow the air fried zucchini fritters to cool completely before adding them to an airtight container. Freeze for up to 5 months. To reheat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then follow the instructions below.
Fridge: Allow the zucchini fritters to cool completely before adding them to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Reheating: Preheat the air fryer to 360°F and add the zucchini fritters in a single layer. Air fry until hot and re-crisped, about 3-4 minutes.
Zucchini Fritter in Air Fryer FAQs
How to cook zucchini fritters in an air fryer?
To air fry zucchini fritters, preheat the air fryer to 360°F (182°C). Combine grated zucchinis with other ingredients to make the patty. Using 3 tablespoons of the zucchini mixture, shape 8-10 medium-sized patties. Place each patty in the preheated air fryer and shape them further with a rubber spatula. Brush with high heat neutral cooking oil. Air fry for 10-12 minutes until the edges are golden brown, flipping halfway for even cooking.
Guilt-Free Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters Recipe (+Video)
- 2 zucchinis shredded (medium)
- 2 tablespoons green onion chopped
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil spray
- Prep the veggies: Roughly chop the green onions and set them aside. Shred the zucchinis using a grater and transfer them to a large mixing bowl.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of salt to the shredded zucchini and mix thoroughly to incorporate the salt. Then, using a cheesecloth, squeeze out the excess water.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (182°C).
- Transfer the squeezed shredded zucchini to a large mixing bowl. Add the green onions and all other ingredients, including the egg, additional salt, baking powder, garlic powder, all-purpose flour, cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix everything until well combined.
- Portion the zucchini mixture into 8-10 medium-sized (3 tablespoons) patties. Then carefully transfer each portion into the preheated air fryer and gently form them into patties using a rubber spatula.
- Air fry zucchini patties for 10-12 minutes: First, spray or brush one side with high-heat neutral cooking oil, flip them halfway through, and coat the other side with oil again. Cook until golden and crispy!
- Serve the air fryer zucchini fritters hot with a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt on top. Enjoy!
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 360°F (182°C) and then let it cook for 3-4 minutes without food.
- You can also skip preheating by adding 2-4 minutes to your cooking time. Increment gradually, to prevent burning the zucchini fritters.
- Although it’s possible to use an air fryer liner, we choose not to. Our tests have shown that the liner can block and redirect the airflow, which can impact the efficiency of the air fryer.
- For a keto version of this tasty snack, substitute the flour with grated Parmesan cheese or any flour alternatives.
- I used a 6-quart Instant Pot Vortex Plus to test the air fryer zucchini fritters recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Click here to go back to detailed step-by-step instructions ↑.
Have you tried making the zucchini fritter air fryer recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Are you on Instagram? Share your photo and tag us at @fryitco. We can’t wait to see what you’ve made!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
You can also find us on Facebook & Tiktok 🙂. See you there!
Thank you for your support!