Apple pie is already great, but we made it better, crunchier and more fun. This Apple Pie Egg Rolls Air Fryer Recipe is going to knock your socks off! 🤯 Fry it to believe it!
Well, we love apples, and they can become so many things in the air fryer. Just a few weeks ago, we made apple wedges into a sweet snack in our Air Fryer Apple Fries recipe.
Knowing how crispy and delicious egg roll wrappers get in the air fryer, we decided to work on a sweet egg roll that celebrated the flavors of apple pie, and the air fried apple pie egg roll was born!
The fact that you can eat these with your hands makes them even more fun and delicious. Its sweet, soft apple filling and the flaky egg roll wrapper makes for a dessert that’s impossible to dislike!
Apple Pie Egg Rolls Air Fryer Recipe Ingredients
Here are all you need to make air fryer apple egg rolls.
- Egg roll wrappers
- Granny Smith apples
- Brown sugar
- Lemon juice
- Powdered sugar
- Caramel sauce
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
We recommend using Granny Smith apples in this recipe, (as apple pie recipes typically do). The tartness of the apple complements the sugars in the filling, and the apple doesn’t turn to total mush when cooked, making it the perfect pie filling.
ASMR Recipe Video: Air Fried Apple Pie Egg Rolls
Don’t have time to read? Watch this short recipe video:
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Cook Apple Pie Egg Rolls in an Air Fryer?
Unlike a traditional apple pie, you can get these air fryer apple pie egg rolls on the table in less than 30 minutes! The process is simple and the air fryer only makes the recipe that much faster.
1. Peel and dice the apples.
Prepare the apples by peeling them, coring them, and dicing them in ½ inch pieces. To prevent the apples from oxidizing (or browning), add the diced apples to a bowl with cold water mixed with 1-2 tbsp lemon juice.
2. Cook the apple pie egg roll filling.
In a medium pan over medium heat, melt the butter. When the butter is melted and bubbling, add the diced apples (removed from the water/lemon juice mixture). Cook the apples alone for 2 minutes before adding the sugar and spices.
Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, then stir and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until the apples are soft, but not mush.
Finally, add the cornstarch and stir to incorporate it evenly into the apple mixture. Allow the apple mixture to reduce for 2-3 additional minutes, until the mixture is thick and not runny.
Remove the pan from the heat, mix in the lemon juice and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
3. Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (176°C).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 350°F (177°C) and then let it cook for 4-5 minutes.
4. Wrap the apple pie egg rolls.
Have a small bowl of water nearby (to help seal the filled egg rolls).
Remove the egg roll wrapper and lay it flat. Scoop two heaping tablespoons of the filling onto the center of the wrapper. Using your finger, wet all 4 edges of the egg roll wrapper.
Take two opposite corners of the wrapper and bring to the center, pinching to seal. Fold one of the two remaining corners over the center/filling, and roll forward until you have a log-shaped egg roll. Use a little bit of water to ensure the roll is fully sealed.
Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
You can also watch the recipe video for a detailed, step-by-step process on how to wrap air fryer apple pie egg rolls.
5. Air fry apple pie egg rolls for 10-12 minutes.
When the air fryer is fully preheated, add the egg rolls, seam-side down, in a single layer. For an extra flaky and crisp exterior, brush the egg rolls with a little bit of butter.
Air fry for 5-6 minutes or until the tops of the egg rolls are slightly browned and starting to crisp. Flip egg rolls and then continue to air fry for another 5-6 minutes, or until the egg rolls are fully crisped and browned.
📝 Note: I used a 6-quart air fryer to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
6. Serve warm & enjoy!
Carefully remove the hot egg rolls to a plate and serve!
There are so many options for serving one-of-a-kind egg rolls!
For an elegant presentation, try dusting them with powdered sugar or a mixture of powdered sugar and cinnamon.
For a fun dip, try caramel sauce or whipped cream. Or, serve with vanilla ice cream!
You could even brush the finished egg rolls lightly with melted butter and roll in cinnamon sugar. There’s no limit to the possibilities!
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: Once the apple pie egg rolls are completely cooled, add to a zip-top bag or airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then follow the reheat instructions below.
Fridge: Allow the egg rolls to cool completely, then store in an airtight container or zip-top bag for up to 10 days in the refrigerator.
Reheating: To reheat, preheat the air fryer to 350°F (176°C). When the air fryer is fully preheated, add the egg rolls and air fry for 3-4 minutes or until they are fully heated and re-crisped.
Air Fryer Apple Pie Egg Rolls FAQs
How to air fry apple pie egg rolls?
To make apple pie egg rolls, start by preparing the filling and wrapping them. Then, preheat your air fryer to 350°F (176°C) and cook the apple pie egg rolls for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway. Cook until they are slightly golden and crispy.
Delectable Air Fryer Apple Pie Egg Rolls
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon caramel sauce
- Peel and dice the apples into small chunks.
- Cook the apple pie egg roll filling. Start by melting butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Toss in the apples and cook for 2 minutes. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Cook and stir for 5-8 minutes or until the apples begin to soften. Add cornstarch, then continue to cook and stir for 2-3 minutes until the mixture becomes thick and bubbly. Take the skillet off the heat and mix in some lemon juice.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (176°C).
- While the air fryer is preheating, wrap the apple pie egg rolls. On a clean work surface, lay an egg roll wrapper. Place 2 heaping tablespoons of filling in the center of each wrapper. Fold in the sides and roll tightly towards the center, ensuring the roll is as tight as possible. Use a dab of water to secure the the wrapper. Repeat this process with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Air fry apple pie egg rolls at 350°F (176°C) for 10-12 minutes turning halfway through. Cook until golden brown.
- Serve your apple pie egg rolls warm and dusted with powdered sugar or drizzled with caramel sauce, and enjoy!
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 350°F (176°C) and then let it cook for 4 minutes.
- To prevent the apples from browning quickly, soak it in cold tap water after dicing them. Or you can also squeeze in some lemon or lime juice.
- I used a 6-quart Instant Pot Vortex Plus to test the air fryer apple pie egg rolls recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making air fryer apple pie egg rolls?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!