Trying to cut calories but still want to enjoy a satisfying meal? Try this incredibly delicious yet healthy Air Fryer Cauliflower Steak recipe! 😉 Fry it, to believe it!
We’re big fans of roasting vegetables in our countertop convection oven, and this air fryer cauliflower steak recipe is undoubtedly one of our favorites.
Cauliflower, a versatile cruciferous vegetable, offering a neutral taste that absorbs flavors beautifully without the bitter undertones like that of broccoli.
In short, it’s simply delicious.
The challenge of this recipe lies in slicing the cauliflower into 1-inch sections and keeping them intact. If you have a small cauliflower, you’ll only get 2 cuts from it.
Here’s the trick: Plan your cuts carefully, ensuring you include the core to hold it together.
Once you’ve mastered that part, you’re now ready to transform your cauliflower into a tasty and healthy meal.
Let’s get frying!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Cauliflower Steak
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this keto-friendly cauliflower dish.
- Avocado or olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
Depending on the size of your cauliflower, you can make 2-3 steak cuts from it. It’s recommended to choose a larger cauliflower with a more substantial core to maximize your yield. However, make sure that the size of the cauliflower is still within the capacity of your air fryer.
Oh, by the way, don’t discard the leftover florets. You can use them to make other healthy recipes.
Cauliflower Steak Air Fryer Recipe Video
Don’t have time to read? We made this short recipe video just for you. 😉
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Make Cauliflower Steaks in the Air fryer?
Making cauliflower steaks in the air fryer is a straightforward process. After slicing your cauliflower head, all that’s left is to baste and roast it for less than 15 minutes. Follow these four simple steps.
1. Slice the cauliflower into 1-inch thick steaks.
First, remove the leaves and trim the stem off your cauliflower head. Thoroughly wash the cauliflower. Then, slice it vertically near the stem. Depending on the size of your cauliflower, you can yield 2-3 “steak cuts.”
Save any loose florets for another tasty and healthy recipe.
2. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (204°C).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it cook for 5 minutes without food.
🚨 Important: Reduce the cooking temperature to 380°F (193°C) if you’re using a 4-quart air fryer or smaller. They are hotter due to the heating element being closer to the food.
3. Prepare the basting sauce.
In a small bowl, combine avocado oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Make sure to have a basting brush ready.
4. Air fry cauliflower steaks for 10-12 minutes.
Once the air fryer is preheated, gently place the uncooked cauliflower steaks into the air fryer basket. Then, generously brush the cauliflower with the prepared sauce.
Roast for 5-6 minutes, carefully flip the steaks, and brush the other side with the sauce. Continue roasting them for another 5-6 minutes until they become tender and acquire a beautiful golden brown color.
To test for doneness, poke the core with a fork. If it goes through without resistance, it’s ready to be served.
I used a 6-quart air fryer to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
5. Serve and enjoy your air fried cauliflower steaks!
Allow your air fried cauliflower steaks to rest for a few minutes before serving.
You can serve the cauliflower steaks as a main dish or alongside your favorite sides. For added flavor, you can top them with fresh herbs, lemon zest, or grated Parmesan cheese.
All that’s left for you to do is to savor your guilt-free and well-deserved vegetarian steak!
Cauliflower Steaks in Air Fryer FAQs
Can you make cauliflower in an air fryer?
Yes, you can absolutely make cauliflower steak in an air fryer. In fact, it’s one of the quickest methods to cook this healthy steak alternative.
How to cook cauliflower steaks in an air fryer?
To cook cauliflower steak in the air fryer, you first need to slice your cruciferous vegetable vertically. Then, prepare the basting sauce and season the cauliflower with it. Cook it for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway, until it becomes tender and golden.
How long to air fry cauliflower steaks?
From preparing your cauliflower head to roasting it into a beautiful steak, the process takes about 20 minutes or less.
Keto-friendly Air Fryer Cauliflower Steak Recipe +Video
- 1 cauliflower yields 2-4 cauliflower steaks
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley freshly chopped
- Slice the cauliflower into 1-inch thick steaks. After removing the leaves and trimming the stem, cut the cauliflower head vertically near the stem. The stem will act as the base. Depending on the size of your cauliflower, you can yield 2-3 “steak cuts.” Save any loose florets for another use.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (204°C). If your air fryer has a capacity of 4 quarts or smaller, please see the note for more info.
- Meanwhile, prepare the basting sauce by combining avocado oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Make sure to have a basting brush ready.
- Air fry cauliflower steaks for 10-12 minutes. Once the air fryer is preheated, carefully place the uncooked cauliflower steaks into the air fryer basket. Then, brush the cauliflower with the sauce you prepared earlier. Cook for 5-6 minutes, flip the steaks, and brush the other side with the sauce. Roast them for another 5-6 minutes until they are tender and golden brown.
- Lastly, enjoy your healthy and delicious air fryer cauliflower steaks! You can serve the cauliflower steaks as a main dish or alongside your favorite sides. For added flavor, you can top them with fresh herbs, lemon zest, or grated Parmesan cheese.
- For smaller air fryers (4-quart and below), reduce the cooking temperature to 380°F (193°C). They generate more heat because of the heating element’s proximity to the food.
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400°F (204°C) and then let it cook for 4-5 minutes without food.
- I used a 6-quart Instant Pot Vortex Plus to test the air fried cauliflower steaks. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
- To test for doneness, poke the cauliflower with a fork. If it goes through easily and the cauliflower is tender, it is cooked and ready to be enjoyed.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried air frying cauliflower steak?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!