Looking for a quick, flavorful, and keto-friendly meal? Get ready to experience a taste sensation with our Keto Air Fryer Chicken Breast recipe. This easy-to-follow recipe will have you savoring tender and juicy chicken, perfectly seasoned and cooked to perfection in your trusty air fryer.
It’s time to fry it, to believe it!
Notes: We are currently in the development and testing stage for this keto air fryer chicken breast recipe. Stay tuned for more updates. If you have any tips on making this dish even better, please leave us a comment below. We appreciate your input!
Here’s a video of a similar recipe that we’re going for.
Ingredients for Keto Air fryer Chicken Breast
Here are all you need to make keto air fried chicken breast.
- Chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
💡 Pro Tip: If you don’t have thyme on hand, substitute it with other dried herbs like rosemary or oregano. You can also switch up the spices to suit your taste preferences. The sky’s the limit!
How to Cook Keto Chicken Breast in Air Fryer?
To achieve keto chicken breast perfection, follow these simple steps:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, set your desired temperature then let it cook for 5 minutes without food.
🚨 Important: Reduce the cooking temperature to 380°F (193°C) if you’re using a 4-quart air fryer or smaller. They’re hotter due to the heating element being closer to the food.
2. Prepare ingredients and season the chicken.
Mix the oil and spices together in a small bowl. Mix well.
Brush the chicken breasts with the spice blend. Make sure to cover the whole meat.
3. Air fry the chicken breast for 12 – 15 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC).
Place your chicken breasts in the preheated air fryer in a single layer, with space between them for optimal air circulation. Cook the chicken at 400ºF (204ºC) for 6 – 8 minutes.
Then, flip the chicken using silicone tongs and cook for 6 – 7 minutes more or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF (74ºC) on a meat thermometer.
4. Make it saucy (optional).
While the chicken is air frying, you can prepare a delicious keto-friendly sauce or dip to accompany it. Whether it’s a creamy garlic sauce, a tangy buffalo sauce, or a zesty avocado dip, the choice is yours!
5. Serve and enjoy!
Once the chicken breasts are cooked to perfection, remove them from the air fryer and rest for 5 minutes to retain their juiciness.
Then, slice the air fried keto chicken breast and serve it alongside your favorite keto-friendly side dishes.
TIP: Tenderizing and Marinating Chicken
For tender and juicy chicken, you can tenderize the chicken breasts and marinate them before air frying. Here’s how:
1. Tenderize the chicken
Lay the chicken on a cutting board and cover the chicken breast with plastic wrap. Then, gently pound the chicken breasts using a meat mallet or the bottom of a heavy pan until it has an even thickness.
This helps break down the muscle fibers, resulting in more tender chicken.
Also, if you tenderize the chicken, you must decrease the cooking duration by 2 – 3 minutes. The thinner chicken breast will cook faster, no doubt. Properly cooked chicken should reach a safe temperature of 165ºF (74ºC).
2. Marinate the chicken breast
Prepare a simple marinade using the same spices and oil in the recipe card.
Then, poke the chicken with a fork so the flavor can seep into the meat.
Transfer the chicken breasts to a resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish, and pour the marinade. Ensure the chicken is well coated.
Let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours for maximum flavor.
If you use a shallow dish, cover it with plastic wrap before keeping it in the fridge.
💡 Pro Tip: Marinating the chicken adds flavor and helps keep the chicken moist during the air frying. Do this step if you want the best results!
If you marinate the chicken breasts, you can skip ahead to air frying the chicken.
What to Serve with Keto Air Fryer Chicken Breast?
Here are three fantastic keto-friendly side dishes that pair perfectly with our air fryer chicken breast keto:
- Air Fryer Garlic Roasted Asparagus
- Cauliflower Rice
- Keto Coleslaw
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: If you want to freeze the chicken breasts, let them cool completely before placing them in a freezer-safe container or bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You can check this recipe for the correct air fryer settings for cooking frozen chicken breast.
Fridge: If you have leftovers, store the air fried keto chicken breast in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It can last up to 3 days.
Reheating: To reheat, place the chicken in a preheated air fryer at 350ºF (180ºC) for 5 – 7 minutes or until heated.
Prepare for a keto culinary adventure with our Keto Air Fryer Chicken Breast recipe. It’s time to fire up your air fryer and enjoy a delicious, low-carb meal that will have your taste buds dancing with delight.
Remember, you’ve got to fry it, to believe it!
Keto Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- 2 chicken breasts boneless & skinless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (200ºC) for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic powder, paprika, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create a spice rub.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. This will help the spices adhere better to the chicken.
- Brush both sides of the chicken breasts with the spice mixture.
- Place the chicken breasts in the preheated air fryer basket. Do not stack them; leave space in between for proper air circulation.
- Cook the chicken breasts in the air fryer at 400ºF (204ºC) for 6 – 8 minutes. Then, flip them over using silicone tongs and cook for 6 – 7 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF (74ºC) on a meat thermometer.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken breasts from the air fryer and let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This’ll allow the chicken to retain its juiciness.
- Slice the chicken breasts and serve them with your favorite keto-friendly side dishes, such as steamed vegetables, cauliflower rice, or a refreshing salad.
- Enjoy your delicious air fried keto chicken breast!
- Cooking times may vary depending on your chicken breasts’ thickness and your air fryer’s specific model. A meat thermometer is always recommended to ensure the chicken is cooked through (165ºF/74ºC).
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 380°F (193°C) and then let it cook for 4-5 minutes without food.
- You can skip preheating by adding 2-4 minutes to your cooking time. Increment gradually to prevent burning the keto air fryer chicken breast.
- I used a 6-quart (air fryer) to test the keto chicken breast. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making the keto air fryer chicken breast recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!