Are you ready to join our culinary adventure that guarantees a mouthwatering destination?
Get ready to enjoy our Easy Pork Shoulder Steak Air Fryer recipe! Whether you’re an air fryer aficionado or just getting started, this recipe promises to deliver a tantalizing pork shoulder steak that’s tender, juicy, and flavorful.
Notes: We are currently in the development and testing stage for this pork shoulder blade steak air fryer recipe. Stay tuned for more updates. If you have any tips on making this dish even better, please leave us a comment below. We appreciate your input!
Here’s a video of a similar recipe that we’re going for.
Ingredients for Pork Shoulder Steak Air Fryer
Here are all you need to make easy air fried pork shoulder steak.
- Boneless pork shoulder steaks
- Olive oil
- Dry rub seasoning
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
Don’t have all the ingredients on hand? No worries! Here are some simple substitutes that will still yield outstanding results:
Avocado oil is an excellent alternative to olive oil, offering a mild flavor that won’t overpower the seasonings.
You can also whip up your own dry rub seasoning; here’s one you can easily make for this recipe:
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Simply mix these in a small bowl, and you’re all set!
How to Cook Pork Shoulder Steak in an Air Fryer?
Let’s explore crafting these mouthwatering pork shoulder steaks. With minimal ingredients and your trusty air fryer, you’re on the path to a savory masterpiece that’ll leave everyone craving more.
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, set your desired temperature then let it cook for 5 minutes without food.
🚨 Important: Reduce the cooking temperature to 380°F (193°C) if you’re using a 4-quart air fryer or smaller. They are hotter due to the heating element being closer to the food.
2. Prepare the ingredients.
Grab those boneless pork shoulder steaks and pat them dry with paper towels—this simple step ensures that we get that perfect sear and ultimate tenderness.
Drizzle the pork shoulder steaks with olive oil and generously coat them with the seasoning blend.
Use your hands to press on the spices making sure they adhere to the meat. Every inch of those steaks deserves to be enveloped in flavor.
3. Air fry pork shoulder steak for 8 – 12 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC).
Place your seasoned boneless pork shoulder steaks into the preheated air fryer. Let the air fryer work at 400ºF (204ºC) for 8 – 12 minutes, flipping the steaks halfway through.
An internal temperature of 145ºF (63ºC) for medium-rare or 160ºF (71ºC) for medium. Use a meat thermometer to achieve the perfect pork steak!
Note: Please note that cooking time can vary based on factors like whether or not your steak has a bone and its thickness. For cuts that are 2 inches thick or more, you might need 12 – 15 minutes or even longer. That’s why an instant-read thermometer is the best tool to ensure your pork cooks perfectly.
If you want to add a touch of sauciness, prepare a quick BBQ sauce (ready-made will work too). You can use it as a dip or brush it onto the pork during the last 2 – 3 minutes of cooking for extra flavor.
After cooking, let the pork steak rest at room temperature for 3 – 5 minutes before serving.
Pro tip: Take out the meat from the air fryer at 140ºF (60ºC) for the juiciest, tender pork steak. The internal temperature will rise to the safe 145ºF (63ºC) while resting.
4. Serve and Enjoy!
The moment has arrived—plate your air-fried pork shoulder steaks with flair.
Pair them with your favorite sides: garlic mashed potatoes, grilled veggies, or a crisp salad. Your taste buds are about to be blown away!
And there you have it, an Effortless Pork Shoulder Steak Air Fryer recipe that’s sure to become a household favorite. With simple steps and sensational flavors, this dish showcases your air fryer’s magic and culinary prowess.
- Bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin in an air fryer
- Air fryer pork shoulder roast
- Air-fried breaded pork chops
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: Can’t finish all the deliciousness in one go? No problem! These cooked pork shoulder steaks can be frozen and enjoyed later. Just let them cool to room temp, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap, and place them in an airtight container. To reheat, thaw them first in the fridge overnight. Then, pop them in the air fryer at 350ºF (177ºC) for about 5 – 8 minutes or until heated through.
Fridge: If you have leftovers, they’ll keep well in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, place them in the air fryer at 350ºF (177ºC) for 5 – 7 minutes until warmed.
How long to cook pork shoulder steak in air fryer?
Cook pork shoulder steak in the air fryer for 8-12 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC). Flip halfway. Aim for an internal temperature of 145ºF (63ºC) for medium-rare or 160ºF (71ºC) for medium.
What temperature should pork shoulder steak be cooked to?
Cook pork shoulder steak to 145ºF (63ºC) for medium-rare, 160ºF (71ºC) for medium, while using a meat thermometer for accuracy.
Effortless Pork Shoulder Steak Air Fryer
- 2 pork shoulder steaks boneless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry rub seasoning
- Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC) for about 5 minutes. This step ensures even cooking and a crispy exterior.
- Pat the boneless pork shoulder steaks dry with paper towels, ensuring a crispy sear later.
- Season the steaks. Sprinkle and massage the dry rub seasoning all over the pork steaks, ensuring they're evenly coated and infused with aromatic flavors.
- Air fry the pork shoulder steak. Place the seasoned pork steaks in the air fryer, don’t overlap or stack them. Cook for 8 – 12 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC), flipping halfway through. Aim for an internal temperature of 145ºF (63ºC) for medium-rare or 160ºF (71ºC) for medium. Use a meat thermometer for accurate results.
- Let the pork rest. Once cooked, remove the boneless pork steaks from the air fryer. Then, let them rest for 3 – 5 minutes allowing the juices to redistribute, resulting in a more succulent bite.
- Serve and enjoy! Plate your air-fried pork shoulder steaks. Accompany them with your favorite sides, and enjoy!
- Take out the meat from the air fryer at 140ºF (60ºC) for the juiciest, tender pork steak. During resting, the internal temperature will rise to the safe level of 145ºF (63ºC).
- Considering that cooking time varies depending on the meat’s thickness (and your air fryer’s specs), always check with a meat thermometer if your pork is cooked thoroughly. The pork’s safe internal temperature is a minimum of 145ºF (63ºC).
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 380°F (193°C) and then let it cook for 4-5 minutes without food.
- You can skip preheating by adding 2-4 minutes to your cooking time. Increment gradually to prevent burning the pork shoulder steak.
- I used a 6-quart (air fryer) to test the pork shoulder steak. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making the pork shoulder blade steak air fryer recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!