Looking for a succulent dish that’s both impressive and a cinch to whip up? Prepare to tantalize your taste buds with our Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin recipe. With juicy pork tenderloin enveloped in crispy bacon, this delightful creation will have you coming back for seconds. Fry it, to believe it!
Notes: We are currently in the development and testing stage for this air fryer pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon recipe. Stay tuned for more updates. If you have any tips on making this dish even better, please leave us a comment below. We appreciate your input!
Here’s a video of a similar recipe that we’re going for.
Ingredients for air fryer bacon wrapped pork tenderloin
Here are all you need to make easy air fried bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin.
- Pork tenderloin
- Smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
Swap out honey for alternatives like brown sugar or maple syrup for a different twist. Feel free to omit the honey if you prefer a less sweet profile.
However, don’t worry – the honey adds a subtle touch of sweetness that beautifully enhances the savory blend of bacon and pork tenderloin. It’s all about striking that perfect balance of flavors to create a mouthwatering culinary masterpiece.
How to Cook Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin in an Air Fryer?
Cooking a meal that’s as delectable as it is hassle-free? Absolutely! Let’s dive into how to create this flavorful masterpiece step by step.
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, set your desired temperature then let it cook for 5 minutes without food.
🚨 Important: Reduce the cooking temperature to 380°F (193°C) if you’re using a 4-quart air fryer or smaller. They are hotter due to the heating element being closer to the food.
2. Prep the pork tenderloin.
Begin by meticulously removing the delicate silver skin from the surface of the pork tenderloin. Here’s how to do it:
- Place the pork on a clean surface;
- Lift a corner of the silvery membrane;
- Carefully slide a knife under it;
- Peel the skin while discreetly sliding the knife along the meat;
- Keep repeating the steps until you remove all the silver skin of the tenderloin.
This step isn’t just for aesthetics; it’s the secret to unlocking the utmost tenderness in every bite. You don’t have to do this, but it’s absolutely recommended.
Gently pat it dry with paper towels. Then, generously season the pork with smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Massage the pork to evenly distribute the flavor.
Here’s the deal:
You don’t need extra oil in this pork tenderloin in air fryer with bacon recipe.
The bacon brings an abundance of natural fat to the party, ensuring a succulent and flavorful outcome.
3. Wrap the pork tenderloin in bacon.
Lay out the bacon slices, slightly overlapping, on a clean surface. Gently roll and wrap the seasoned pork tenderloin in the bacon. This adds flavor and visually appealing touch to your dish.
Here’s the thing:
The conventional method involves cooking the tenderloin before bacon wrapping. While you could follow this route, our aim is simplicity and superior taste. Rest assured, we’ll ensure thorough cooking of the tenderloin, all while streamlining the process for you.
4. Air fry bacon wrapped pork tenderloin for 20 – 25 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC).
Carefully position the pork tenderloin in the air fryer, ensuring the bacon ends are at the bottom. Doing so guarantees that the bacon remains securely wrapped throughout the cooking process.
At least you don’t need to use toothpicks. The fewer steps, the better.
Now, set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and cook for 20 – 25 minutes.
Halfway through, brush the bacon-wrapped tenderloin with honey. Next, flip the pork, and brush the other side too. Continue air frying. This step infuses a delightful sweetness and gorgeous glaze.
At the 20-minute mark, start checking for doneness using an instant-read thermometer. Once the thickest part of the pork reaches 145ºF (63ºC), remove it from the air fryer. Otherwise, continue cooking.
After cooking, allow the tenderloin to rest at room temperature for 5 – 10 minutes. This short resting period lets the savory juices redistribute within the meat.
Pro tip: You can remove the pork from the air fryer when the internal temp reads 140ºF (60ºC). When it rests at room temperature, it will continue to rise to a safe temperature of 145ºF (63ºC). This is called carryover cooking. And as a bonus, your bacon-wrapped pork will be more tender and juicy.
5. Serve & Enjoy!
Once the pork tenderloin has rested, slice it into delectable medallions tailored to your desired portions.
Finally, serve and enjoy your air-fried bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin! Pair it with your favorite sides – perhaps roasted veggies or creamy mashed potatoes – for a complete and satisfying meal.
Enjoy the mouthwatering combination of juicy pork and crispy bacon, all conveniently prepared in your trusty air fryer. It’s time to impress your taste buds and become the culinary star of your kitchen. Happy cooking!
1. Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Creamy, buttery mashed potatoes infused with roasted garlic are the ultimate comfort food to accompany your pork tenderloin. The subtle garlic undertones beautifully balance the savory bacon-wrapped goodness. Top with a sprinkle of fresh chives for a burst of color and a hint of oniony freshness.
Pair them alongside your air fryer bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin for a tantalizing combination. The tender green beans perfectly complement the savory notes of the bacon, creating a harmonious balance that adds a fresh twist to your plate.
3. Quinoa Salad with Cranberries and Feta:
Looking for a lighter option? A quinoa salad featuring sweet dried cranberries, creamy feta cheese, and a zesty vinaigrette offers a refreshing contrast to the rich pork and bacon. The combination of textures and flavors adds a gourmet touch to your meal, making it a well-rounded and satisfying dining experience.
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: Freeze your air fried bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin to preserve its succulent flavors for up to 2 months. When the craving strikes, reheat from frozen in the air fryer at 350ºF (175ºC) for about 10 – 12 minutes or until heated through.
Fridge: For those delectable leftovers, store them covered in the fridge for 3 – 4 days. When you’re ready to relish them once more, simply reheat them to the air fryer at 350ºF (175ºC) for 5 – 7 minutes. A short 30 – 60 seconds in the microwave also works for reheating this dish.
- Bacon-wrapped chicken breast in air fryer
- Air fryer bacon-wrapped shrimp
- Jalapeño poppers wrapped in bacon
- Bacon-wrapped scallops in air fryer
Quick & Easy Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 8 slices bacon can be 10 slices
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC) for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the pork tenderloin (optional). Locate the thin layer of silver skin on the surface of the tenderloin. Gently insert a sharp knife under the silver skin and lift it slightly. Use your fingers to hold onto the lifted portion and carefully slide the knife along the length of the tenderloin to remove the silver skin. This step ensures a more tender and flavorful result.
- Season the pork. Before sprinkling, pat the pork dry with paper towels, then sprinkle with smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Rub the tenderloin to ensure that the flavors are evenly distributed.
- Wrap the pork tenderloin in bacon. Lay the bacon slices side by side on a clean surface, slightly overlapping. Then, place the seasoned pork tenderloin at one end and roll it to wrap it in bacon. Make sure it’s tightly wrapped.
- Air fry the bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin. Place the tenderloin into the air fryer with the tucked ends facing down. Cook for 20 – 25 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC).
- Brush the bacon with honey. Drizzle honey over the pork at the halfway point and use a brush to ensure even coverage. Next, carefully flip the pork and apply a brush of honey to the opposite side. Continue cooking.
- Check pork's internal temperature with a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the pork. Remove it from the air fryer once it reads 145ºF (63ºC).
- Let the pork tenderloin rest at room temperature for 5 – 10 minutes. This’ll allow the juices to redistribute, ensuring a succulent dish.
- Slice the tenderloin into medallions.
- Serve and enjoy your air fried bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin. Pair it with your favorite sides and savor the fantastic flavors!
- Considering that cooking time varies depending on the meat’s thickness (and your air fryer’s specs), always check with a meat thermometer if your pork is cooked thoroughly. The pork’s safe internal temperature is a minimum of 145ºF (63ºC).
- For the perfect pork tenderloin, remove it from the air fryer when the internal temperature reads 140ºF (60ºC). Then, when resting it for 5 – 10 minutes, the temp should keep climbing to the safe 145ºF (63ºC). The result? Your bacon-wrapped pork will be even juicier and tender.
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 380°F (193°C) and then let it cook for 4-5 minutes without food.
- You can skip preheating by adding 2-4 minutes to your cooking time. Increment gradually to prevent burning the bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin.
- I used a 6-quart (air fryer) to test the bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin air fryer recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!