Air Fryer Turkey Bacon is a delicious, healthy alternative to bacon. It cooks just as fast, has the same crispy texture, but with fewer calories. 😋 Fry it, to believe it!
We love turkey bacon in all the applications. We love it on BLTs, with eggs for breakfast, and all by itself.
We love turkey bacon even more when it’s crisped up in the air fryer—it gets golden brown around the edges and has an even better texture than when you pan-fry it.
Did we mention how easy it is to make air fryer turkey bacon?
It’s so fast and easy, and the best part is that there’s no messy clean-up! You can easily air fry your turkey bacon (hands-free!) and then throw the whole air fryer basket into the dishwasher! Doesn’t get better than that.
This recipe is more like a hack for cooking your turkey bacon in the air fryer. Take this our time/temp for turkey bacon, and then the options for how to enjoy it are endless!
Let’s Make a Breakfast Air Fryer Turkey Bacon!
There’s only ONE important ingredient here…
- Turkey bacon!
- Home fries
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
In this recipe/video, we serve the turkey bacon with eggs and hashbrowns, but like we mentioned, the possibilities are endless!
Add it to a deli sandwich or BLT, roll into a breakfast burrito, wrap it around pieces of soft pretzel…. We won’t judge 😉
ASMR Recipe Video: Air Fried Turkey Bacon
Don’t have time to read? We made this short recipe video just for you. 😉
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Cook Turkey Bacon in the Air Fryer?
Just when you didn’t think this recipe would get easier, it does! It takes less than 10 minutes to make turkey bacon in the air fryer, and it’s almost entirely hands-off time!
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it cook for 5 minutes without food.
You may also skip this step by adding 2-3-minutes to your cooking time until your turkey bacon turns golden.
2. Air fry the turkey bacon strips for 4-6 minutes.
Add the turkey bacon in a single layer if possible. If not, just minimize the amount that the slices overlap. Air fry until golden and crispy, about 4-6 minutes (no need to flip).
3. Serve and enjoy your air fried turkey bacon!
Voila! Are you shocked at how simple that was and how good the air fried turkey bacon is?
Yeah, we were too!! If you’re having your turkey bacon for breakfast, serve it up with some eggs and hashbrowns!
Other than the ideas we’ve already mentioned, here are some ways to enjoy your turkey bacon:
- On a burger (turkey burger for the full-turkey experience)
- Chopped up and tossed in mac and cheese
- Chopped, on top of a salad
- Layered into a lunch wrap with chicken and lettuce
- Added to a quesadilla (breakfast or otherwise)
The sky’s the limit! Enjoy your turkey bacon (and your new favorite way to cook it)!
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: When the air fryer turkey bacon is totally cooled, layer it between pieces of wax paper and either wrap the whole layer in plastic, slide it into a zip top bag or put it in an airtight container. Turkey bacon will last in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, defrost in the fridge overnight and then follow the instructions below.
Fridge: Allow the bacon to cool completely. Layer it between pieces of wax paper and either wrap the whole layer in plastic, slide it into a zip top bag or put it in an airtight container. Turkey bacon will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheating: To reheat, add to an air fryer preheated to 375ºF for 2-3 minutes or until heated-through and re-crisped!
Turkey Bacon in Air Fryer FAQs
Can you air fry turkey bacon?
Yes, you can air fry turkey bacon. Simply preheat your air fryer to 400°F (204°C), and cook the meat for 4-6 minutes until it turns golden. It’s that quick and easy.
How to air fry turkey bacon?
To air fry turkey bacon, start by preheating your air fryer to 400°F (204°C). Once preheated, add the turkey bacon strips carefully with enough spacing in between. Then, air-fry for 4-6 minutes until it turns golden. If you prefer it crispy, add more cooking time.
How long do you cook turkey bacon in the air fryer?
It typically takes 4-6 minutes to cook turkey bacon in the air fryer. If you prefer a crispy texture, add 2 minutes or more.
How many calories are there in one turkey bacon strip?
There are approximately 30 calories in one turkey bacon strip. In comparison, one strip of traditional bacon may contain 50 kilocalories.
6-Minute Crispy Air Fryer Turkey Bacon Recipe
- 4 strips turkey bacon thin-cut
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cup home fries
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (204°C).
- Carefully place the turkey bacon strips in the air fryer and cook it for 4-6 minutes. Add 1-2 minutes if you want it extra crispy. No flipping required.
- Serve and enjoy your air fryer turkey bacon strips. You can serve them as they are or in a sandwich.
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400°F (204°C)and then let it cook for 4-5 minutes without food.
- You can also skip preheating by adding 2-4 minutes to your cooking time. Increment gradually, to prevent charring your turkey bacon.
- I used a 6-quart Instant Pot Vortex Plus to test the air fried turkey bacon recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer, the number of turkey bacon strips you’re cooking and the thickness of your meat. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making the turkey bacon air fryer recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!