Are you ready to embark on a crunchy and delicious adventure? Say hello to your new favorite snack – Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets Air Fryer Recipe!
Whether you’re an amateur home cook with an air fryer or someone considering getting one, this easy-to-follow recipe will have you frying like a pro in no time.
Notes: We are currently in the development and testing stage for this gluten free air fryer chicken nuggets recipe. Stay tuned for more updates. If you have any tips on making this dish even better, please leave us a comment below. We appreciate your input!
Here’s a video of a similar recipe that we’re going for.
Here are all you need to make gluten-free air fried chicken nuggets.
- Chicken breasts
- Gluten-free breadcrumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- Avocado oil
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
If you don’t have gluten-free breadcrumbs, you can make your own by toasting gluten-free bread and blending it into crumbs.
Btw, you can substitute chicken breast with boneless skinless chicken thighs. Chicken thighs result in juicier and more tender nuggets than chicken breasts.
Last, you can add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper for an extra kick to your chicken nuggets.
How to Cook Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets in Air Fryer?
Air frying is a breeze, but let’s address some common pitfalls before we dive in. One of the challenges might be achieving that perfect crunch.
The best way to achieve this in the air fryer is by using avocado oil.
Unlike other cooking oils, avocado oil can mimic the deep-fried result. In other words, your gluten free air fryer chicken nuggets will be crispy without the crazy amount of fat.
1. Prepare the ingredients.
Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
Beat the eggs in a shallow dish.
Mix gluten-free breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper in another shallow dish. Then, grate parmesan cheese into the breadcrumbs and mix.
2. Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, set your desired temperature then let it cook for 5 minutes without food.
🚨 Important: Reduce the cooking temperature to 380°F (193°C) if you’re using a 4-quart air fryer or smaller. They are hotter due to the heating element being closer to the food.
3. Bread the chicken nuggets.
Dip the chicken pieces, one by one, into the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off. Then, coat the chicken nuggets with the breadcrumb mixture, pressing gently to make the crumbs stick. Make sure that all sides are fully covered.
Pro tip: You can double-coat the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture.
4. Air fry the gluten-free chicken nuggets for 10 – 12 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC).
Place the coated chicken nuggets in your air fryer in a single layer. Before air frying, spray the nuggets with avocado oil on all sides. This step will help achieve that golden, crunchy perfection!
Air fry the chicken nuggets at 400ºF (204ºC) for 5 minutes. Then, flip all the nuggets. Continue air frying for 5 – 7 minutes or until the chicken nuggets are cooked and irresistibly crispy.
5. Make your favorite sauce.
While the nuggets are sizzling in the air fryer, you can prepare your favorite sauce to dip these little delights into. Whether it’s tangy BBQ, honey mustard, or spicy sriracha mayo, the choice is yours!
- Honey Mustard: Mix honey, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, and lemon juice (just a dash) for a sweet and tangy dip.
- Sriracha Mayo: Combine mayonnaise with Sriracha sauce, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt for a spicy kick.
Needless to say, even something as simple as ketchup would be fantastic!
6. Serve & enjoy!
Once cooked, remove the chicken nuggets from your air fryer. Finally, serve and enjoy with your favorite sauce.
This easy homemade chicken nuggets air fryer gluten free recipe will become your go-to snack or meal. Say goodbye to greasy fast-food nuggets and hello to homemade, healthier goodness. Happy air frying! 🍗🍟
What to Serve with Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets Air Fryer?
Now that your golden nuggets are ready to rock, here are three delicious sides to complement this tasty treat:
1. Crispy Sweet Potato Fries: Slice sweet potatoes into strips, toss them with oil, salt, and paprika, then air fry until crispy.
2. Regular Fries: Frozen ones are easier to make in the air fryer than from scratch.
3. Classic Coleslaw: Shred cabbage and carrots. Then, mix with mayo, vinegar, sugar, and celery seeds for a refreshing and crunchy slaw.
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: These air fryer gluten free chicken nuggets can be frozen for up to 2 months. Place them on a baking sheet and freeze until solid. Then transfer them to an airtight container or Ziploc bag.
To reheat, pop the frozen gluten-free chicken nuggets back in the air fryer at 400ºF (204ºC) for about 10 – 12 minutes or until heated through.
Fridge: Alternatively, store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply place the nuggets in the air fryer. Cook for 5 – 7 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC) or until cooked through.
How to cook Applegate gluten-free chicken nuggets in air fryer?
To cook Applegate gluten-free chicken nuggets in an air fryer, preheat the air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC). Arrange the nuggets in a single layer in the air fryer and cook for 8 – 10 minutes, flipping halfway through, until they’re crispy and cooked through.
How to cook Trader Joe’s gluten-free chicken nuggets in air fryer?
To cook Trader Joe’s gluten-free chicken nuggets in the air fryer, preheat it first to 400ºF (204ºC). Then, place the nuggets in a single layer in the basket, and cook for 8 – 10 minutes, flipping halfway through, until they’re crispy and fully cooked.
Easy Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets Air Fryer
- 1 lb chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- Avocado oil spray
- Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC) for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the breading station. Mix the gluten-free breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper in a shallow dish. Set it aside. In another shallow dish, crack and beat eggs.
- Dip the chicken nuggets into the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the breadcrumb mixture, pressing gently to adhere the crumbs to the chicken.
- Place the breaded chicken nuggets in a single layer in the air fryer basket. You may need to do this in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Spray the chicken nuggets with avocado oil to promote browning.
- Air fry the chicken nuggets at 400ºF (204ºC) for 5 minutes. Then, open the air fryer and flip all the chicken to ensure even cooking.
- Continue air frying for 5 – 7 minutes or until the chicken nuggets are cooked through and golden brown.
- Carefully remove the chicken nuggets from the air fryer and let them cool slightly before serving.
- Serve your air fried gluten-free chicken nuggets with your favorite dipping sauce, and enjoy!
- Remember that cooking durations may differ depending on the chicken’s thickness and your air fryer’s size and model. Before serving, ensure it has been cooked to a safe internal temperature of 165ºF (74ºC).
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 380°F (193°C) and then let it cook for 4-5 minutes without food.
- You can skip preheating by adding 2-4 minutes to your cooking time. Increment gradually to prevent burning the gluten-free chicken nuggets.
- I used a 6-quart (air fryer) to test the gluten-free chicken nuggets. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making the gluten free chicken nuggets air fryer recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!