This Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Recipe is a NEXT-LEVEL appetizer bursting with flavor and texture: smoky, savory, tender, and juicy! 🤯 Fry it to believe it!
This recipe is one of those special ones that you whip out when you’re in need of a treat that really feels like you went the extra mile.
The secret? These air fryer bacon wrapped shrimp are EASY to make! Like, super easy. No extra mile required.
If you like bacon and you like shrimp but haven’t tried them together, prepare to have your mind completely blown!
Not only does this recipe celebrate the combination of shrimp and bacon, but it introduces some other really delicious flavors to the party: maple syrup, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
The result? Sweet, spicy, smoky bacon-wrapped shrimp. YUM! Like we said, this recipe is easy and simple to get together, prepare to fall in love with this tasty appetizer. We personally cannot get enough!
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Ingredients
You’ll be shocked with how few ingredients you need for this recipe.
- Maple syrup
- Garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
If you don’t like any spice, feel free to omit the cayenne pepper. It is subtle, so if you can handle a little bit of spice, it’s totally worth adding!
Your shrimp can be fresh or frozen! Frozen ones are super easy to keep on-hand, so just thaw them overnight in the refrigerator or in a bowl of cold water before making this recipe.
Oh, and don’t forget to give those shrimp (frozen or not) a good pat dry.
🤩 Pro Tip: Only use real maple syrup! Pancake syrup is just corn syrup- it doesn’t taste good in this recipe (or at all). 😖
Recipe Video: Air Fried Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Don’t have time to read? We made this short recipe video just for you. 😉
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Cook Bacon Wrapped Shrimp in the Air Fryer?
This recipe is so full of flavor that you won’t believe how quick or easy it is. In less than 15 minutes, you’ll have a shrimp dish that’s sure to impress.
1. Cut bacon strips in half.
Carefully cut the bacon in half crosswise, creating 6 short strips of bacon.
2. Get the shrimp ready.
Prepare the shrimp. If the shrimp are unpeeled, peel and devein the shrimp. You can leave the tails on, because it makes it easier to grab them!
3. Wrap the shrimp with bacon.
Wrap each shrimp in one of the half pieces of bacon.
4. Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it cook for 5 minutes without food.
For a juicier and more tender shrimp, please don’t skip preheating your air fryer. The longer you cook your shrimp or any seafood, the drier and tougher they become.
5. Prepare basting sauce.
In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. This sauce will be your basting sauce, and will give the bacon a sweet and spicy coating.
6. Baste and air fry the bacon-wrapped shrimp for 3-4 minutes.
When the air fryer is preheated, add the shrimp in a single layer and brush with the maple sauce. Air fry for 3-4 minutes.
7. Flip, then air fry bacon wrapped shrimp for another 3-4 minutes.
After 3-4 minutes, flip the shrimp and then brush the other side with the maple sauce before continuing to air fry for another 3-4 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked and the bacon is crisp!
I used a 6-quart air fryer to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
8. Serve and enjoy your air fried bacon wrapped shrimp!
When your bacon-wrapped shrimp is cooked, carefully transfer to a plate and serve! Enjoy this insanely tasty appetizer!
🤩 Fun Ideas
If you want to make this recipe even easier, simply grab a barbecue seasoning as a substitute for making the maple basting sauce from scratch.
Hmmm… How about cutting the shrimp in the middle and stuffing it with cheese?
Regardless of how you prefer your bacon-wrapped shrimp, here’s a perfect dip that pairs wonderfully with it.
Bonus: The Perfect Creamy Dip!
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp mustard (Dijon works best)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme (if you have it, it’s REALLY good in this)
- ¼ tsp freshly-ground black pepper
In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients until well-mixed.
Now you have a delicious dip that perfectly complements the flavors of your shrimp appetizer!
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: Allow the air fried bacon wrapped shrimp to cool briefly at room temperature before arranging them on a tray and cooling in the refrigerator. Once completely cool, transfer to the freezer and freeze until solid before transferring to an airtight container or zip-top bag. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Fridge: Allow the shrimp to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container or zip-top bag. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheating: To reheat, preheat the air fryer to 400ºF and then add the shrimp in a single layer. Air fry until heated-through and re-crisped, about 2-3 minutes.
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp in Air Fryer FAQs
Can you air fry bacon wrapped shrimp?
Yes, you can absolutely air fry bacon-wrapped shrimp. In fact, it’s one of the fastest ways to cook this umami-rich appetizer. They will be ready in less than 10 minutes.
How to make bacon wrapped shrimp in the air fryer?
To make bacon-wrapped shrimp in the air fryer, first preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC). Then, wrap the shrimp with half-a-slice of bacon. Next, prepare the basting sauce, preferably with maple syrup, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Once the air fryer is preheated, carefully place the bacon-wrapped shrimp with adequate spacing. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, basting both sides. The ideal temperature for cooked shrimp is 120°F (49°C) or higher.
How long does it take to cook bacon-wrapped shrimp in an air fryer?
It will take 6-8 minutes to cook 6-8 pieces of bacon-wrapped shrimp at 400ºF (204ºC) in a preheated air fryer. Please note that the cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making.
How to air fry frozen bacon wrapped shrimp?
For frozen bacon-wrapped shrimp, you just need to add 2 minutes to your cooking time. Instead of 6-8 minutes, your cooking time will be around 8-10 minutes in a preheated 400ºF (204ºC) air fryer.
Easy Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Recipe (+Video)
- 6 medium shrimp
- 3 bacon strips thinly-cut
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon thyme freshly chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- Cut the bacon strips in half.
- Get the shrimp ready. If you bought fresh shrimp with the shell on, devein them and remove the shell, leaving only the tail intact. If you're using frozen shrimp, make sure they still have the tail on for better presentation.
- Wrap the halved slice of bacon around each shrimp. If you find it difficult to wrap them, use a toothpick to hold them in place. Repeat the process until all the shrimp have been wrapped.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC).
- While the air fryer is preheating, prepare the basting sauce. Combine the maple syrup, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Then, get a basting brush ready.
- Baste and air fry bacon wrapped shrimp for 3-4 minutes. Carefully place the uncooked bacon-wrapped shrimp in the air fryer, spacing them out adequately for even cooking. Then, baste them with the maple syrup mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Flip, baste and air fry bacon wrapped shrimp for another 3-4 minutes. Flip the bacon-wrapped shrimp, then baste the other side with the maple syrup sauce. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until golden and the shrimp's internal temperature reaches 120°F (49°C) or higher.
- Serve and enjoy your flavor-packed air fryer bacon wrapped shrimp! If you want to pair it with a sauce, sweet chili sauce, garlic aioli, and lemon butter sauce would be great options.
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it run for 4-5 minutes without food.
- For juicier shrimp, don’t skip preheating your air fryer. The longer you cook any kind of protein, including shrimp, the drier it will become.
- Use medium-sized shrimp. Shrimps that are too small will be difficult to wrap with bacon.
- If you want a spicier version of this appetizer, increase the amount of cayenne pepper. Double or triple it.
- In case you don’t want anything spicy, you could substitute the cayenne pepper with smoked paprika. It’s a great spice that works really well with any seafood.
- For best results, use the thinnest slice of bacon you can find in your favorite grocery store. The thicker the bacon, the longer it will take to cook.
- FDA recommends cooking your shrimp to an internal temperature of 120°F (49°C) or higher.
- I used a 6-quart Instant Pot Vortex Plus to test the air fryer bacon wrapped shrimp recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making the bacon wrapped shrimp air fryer recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!