Bacon and asparagus are a match made in heaven! See for yourself with this smoky and savory Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus recipe. 😋 Fry it, to believe it!
The combination of smoky bacon and fresh, bright asparagus is one of our favorites yet.
In this recipe, we wrap little bundles of seasoned fresh asparagus in strips of delicious bacon and air fry it until it’s golden and crisp. To make it even better, we’ve created a dip that perfectly complements all the other amazing flavors in this recipe!
When air-frying bacon or roasting asparagus on its own, it only takes 4-6 minutes to cook at 400°F (204°C).
However, when you wrap bacon around anything, it needs a longer cooking time. Our bacon-wrapped Brussels sprouts took 12-15 minutes, as did our bacon-wrapped hot dogs.
Given that fact, I was really afraid that the asparagus would become overcooked when wrapped with bacon.
However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the asparagus tips were super crunchy and extraordinarily delicious. I can’t really describe the taste. It’s so good!
So don’t be afraid to air fry your asparagus spears for a little longer as you will be rewarded with tender and caramelized stalks with crunchy, nutty and earthy tips.
Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus Ingredients
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Greek yogurt
- Lime juice
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
The dip is not required, but we do highly-recommend it! With very few ingredients but lots of flavor, this dip is great for more than just your bacon-wrapped asparagus.
Save the leftover dip (if there is any) and use it for chicken wings, salad dressing or on other air-fried vegetables!
Recipe Video: Air Fried Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Don’t have time to read? We made this short recipe video just for you. 😉
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Cook Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in the Air Fryer?
We would be willing to bet that making bacon-wrapped asparagus in the air fryer is easier than you think it is! Did we mention it only takes about 15 minutes? Easy, impressive and quick appetizer, coming right up!
1. Wash and trim the asparagus spears.
Wash the asparagus well and then pat to dry. Carefully remove the bottom 1-2 inches of each piece of asparagus with a knife. Add all the asparagus to a shallow, wide dish.
2. Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (182°C).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 360°F (182°C) and then let it cook for 3-4 minutes without food.
3. Season the asparagus spears with salt, pepper and olive oil.
Add olive oil, salt, and pepper to the dish with the asparagus and toss to coat.
4. Wrap the asparagus with thin-cut bacon slices.
Using 3-4 spears of asparagus per bundle, wrap the asparagus in the bacon so that the bacon is spread out over the length of the asparagus. Continue wrapping until all the spears have been made into bacon bundles.
5. Air fry bacon wrapped asparagus for 10-12 minutes until golden and crispy.
When the air fryer is preheated, add the asparagus bundles in a single layer, being sure to leave enough space between the bundles so that the bacon can get crispy. You may need to cook the bundles in batches if your air fryer is not big enough.
Air fry the bundles until the asparagus is cooked and the bacon is crispy, about 10-12 minutes. No need to flip!
I used a 6-quart air fryer to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
6. Prepare the yogurt dipping sauce.
While the asparagus is roasting, prepare the dipping sauce.
In a medium bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients: Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, honey, smoked paprika and garlic powder. Whisk (bonus points if you use a mini whisk) to combine thoroughly. Set aside.
7. Serve and enjoy your air fried bacon wrapped asparagus!
When the asparagus is cooked and the bacon is crisp, remove the asparagus bundles to a plate. Allow to cool slightly before enjoying your air-fried asparagus bundles and delicious dipping sauce!
Asparagus is really the best when it’s in-season!
The main time you’ll find fresh asparagus at the grocery store is between February and June, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for those fresh and green asparagus bunches!
Pair this delectable appetizer with our creamy dip or try a tangy balsamic reduction for an extra burst of flavor. We really love these bundles on their own, but you could always serve them as a side dish alongside grilled steak or roasted chicken for a complete and satisfying meal.
🤩 Fun Ideas
How about trying to substitute pork with turkey bacon? That makes for a healthier treat, and I’m sure it will taste just as good.
One more thing I’d like to try is brushing the bacon with a brown sugar mixture, similar to how we did it in the candied bacon recipe. The brown sugar will give this air fryer bacon-wrapped asparagus a delightful golden brown finish.
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: It is not ideal to freeze air fried asparagus, so we don’t recommend it here.
Fridge: Once the bacon-wrapped bundles have cooled completely, add them to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Reheating: To reheat the bacon-wrapped asparagus bundles, either microwave them for 30 seconds to a minute or add them to an air fryer preheated to 360°F and air fry for 2-3 minutes or until the asparagus is hot and the bacon is crisp again.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in Air Fryer FAQs
Can you air fry bacon wrapped asparagus?
Yes, you can definitely roast bacon-wrapped asparagus spears in an air fryer. It will take less than 15 minutes to cook on a preheated air fryer.
How long does it take to cook bacon wrapped asparagus in the air fryer?
At 360°F (182°C) bacon wrapped asparagus will only take 10-12 minutes to cook in the air fryer.
How to air fry bacon wrapped asparagus?
To air fry bacon-wrapped asparagus, first wash the asparagus spears thoroughly and trim off the root end. Then season them with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Next, preheat your air fryer to 360°F (182°C). Afterward, wrap 3-4 spears with thinly sliced bacon strips from the bottom all the way to the tip. Now, air fry the bacon-wrapped asparagus for 10-12 minutes until the bacon turns golden and the tips of the asparagus spears become crispy.
The Best Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe (+Video)
- 9 strips Bacon thin-cut
- 1 pound asparagus 1 bundle, 35-40 spears
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice fresh
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Get the asparagus spears ready: Thoroughly wash and rinse the asparagus spears, and then slice or snap off the tough ends.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (182°C).
- Season the asparagus with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Take a slice of bacon and wrap it around 3-4 asparagus spears, starting at the bottom and working your way up to the tip. Repeat with the remaining asparagus spears and bacon slices.
- Air fry bacon-wrapped asparagus: Carefully place 3-4 bacon-wrapped asparagus in the preheated air fryer and cook them for 10-12 minutes until golden and the spears become crispy. No flipping required.
- While air frying, prepare the Yogurt dip. In a small bowl mix Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, honey, smoked paprika and garlic powder.
- Serve your air fried bacon wrapped asparagus with the yogurt dipping sauce. Enjoy!
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 360°F (182°C) and then let it cook for 3-4 minutes without food.
- For a more accurate cooking time, preheating the air fryer is highly recommended.
- Use thin-cut bacon strips as they are easier to wrap around the asparagus and will cook more quickly.
- I used a 6-quart Instant Pot Vortex Plus to test the air fryer bacon wrapped asparagus recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Click here to go back to detailed step-by-step instructions ↑.
Have you tried making the air fryer bacon asparagus recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Are you on Instagram? Share your photo and tag us at @fryitco. We can’t wait to see what you’ve made!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
You can also find us on Facebook & Tiktok 🙂. See you there!
Thank you for your support!