Transform frozen broccoli into a perfectly roasted side dish using this quick and easy Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli recipe! 🤯 Fry it, to believe it!
You know that at Fryit.co, we LOVE our air-fried vegetables!
The convenience and simplicity of roasting vegetables in the air fryer cannot be beaten, as demonstrated in our air fryer asparagus recipe. Today, taking the convenience factor up a notch with this air fryer frozen broccoli recipe.
That’s right! Don’t have any fresh vegetables on-hand? No problem.
A bag of pre-chopped frozen broccoli is cheap and a great thing to keep in the freezer for when you need to whip up veggies in a pinch. Well, forget the sad, microwaved frozen broccoli you’re used to: today we’re AIR FRYING!
Frozen broccoli is awesome because it requires no prep!
The florets and stem pieces are already perfectly-cut, ready to be tossed with some olive oil and air-fried to perfection.
Level Up Your Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
To make this awesome air fryer roasted frozen broccoli, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients:
- Frozen broccoli florets
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
Like we mentioned in our fresh broccoli recipe, broccoli goes really well with lemon!
If you’re planning on serving this broccoli as a side dish, consider having a fresh lemon on-hand to squeeze over the top of your cooked broccoli. The flavor of the broccoli goes really well with the punch of brightness from the lemon!
Not looking for lemony flavor? Grab some parmesan cheese and finish your broccoli with a light dusting of freshly-grated cheese. You won’t be sad you did!
Recipe Video: Air Fried Frozen Broccoli
Don’t have time to read? We made this short recipe video just for you. 😉
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to air fry frozen broccoli?
Making frozen broccoli in the air fryer is about as easy as it gets. With this recipe, you’ll have perfectly-cooked broccoli on the table in less than 15 minutes!
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it cook for 5 minutes without food.
🚨 Important: If you’re using a compact countertop convection oven such as our Ninja Foodi 4-Quart Basket Air Fryer, it is recommended to reduce the temperature to 380°F (193°C) or 375°F (191°C).
Smaller air fryers generate more heat due to the closer proximity of the heating element to the food.
2. Season the frozen broccoli.
No need to thaw your broccoli!
Add the frozen broccoli to a bowl. Add the olive oil and toss (with your hands is easiest) to lightly coat all the pieces in oil. Season the broccoli with garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat all the broccoli in the seasoning.
3. Air fry frozen broccoli for 10-12 minutes until tender.
When the air fryer is heated, add the broccoli florets in a single layer and roast them until they are tender and the edges start to get crisp, about 10-12 minutes.
Recommended Cooking Times:
- ½ lb Frozen Broccoli: 8-10 minutes at 400°F (204°C)
- 1 lb Frozen Broccoli: 10-12 minutes at 400°F (204°C)
I used a 6-quart air fryer to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
4. Serve and enjoy your air fried frozen broccoli!
When the frozen broccoli is done roasting, transfer to a plate and serve immediately!
If you are looking to add extra flavor, you could try the lemon or parmesan mentioned above!
If you’re looking for more, try toasting some breadcrumbs (like panko) in a pan with butter and a sprinkle of salt. When the broccoli is done, sprinkle the top with the buttery breadcrumbs for a super-satisfying side dish!
Frozen broccoli retains the same nutritional value as fresh broccoli, but the only downside is that it will not have the same level of crispiness as fresh broccoli.
But if you like your broccoli tender, then frozen broccoli is the quickest way to add this nutrient-rich vegetable to your meals without the hassle of preparing and cooking fresh broccoli.
If you want it even faster, just skip the air fryer and pop it in the microwave and they will be ready in 3-4 minutes.
On the other hand, if you want a slightly roasted finish, that is where the air fryer will come in handy.
Recommended Cooking Time & Temperature
|Regular||8-10 minutes||400°F (204°C)|
|Roasted to perfection (with browning)||10-12 minutes||400°F (204°C)|
|No browning||10-12 minutes||300°F (149°C)|
Please note that we tested the cooking times on a single layer of frozen broccoli in a 6-quart air fryer.
If you are using a smaller air fryer reduce the temperature by 20°F. They are generally hotter due to the heating element’s proximity to the food.
Apart from the size of your air fryer, cooking times may also be affected by quantity of frozen broccoli florets you are roasting. For the best results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
The Best Air Fryer
If you’ve ever questioned the reliability of your current air fryer, it’s time to meet the Instant Vortex Air Fryer – your new kitchen sidekick! Picture effortless cooking, thanks to its 6 automatic functions. PLUS, it’s dishwasher safe, making cleaning a snap. 🤩 Don’t wait, upgrade your air fryer today!
Frozen Broccoli in Air Fryer FAQs
Can you air fry frozen broccoli?
Yes, you can air fry frozen broccoli. It will take more or less 10 minutes to roast those frozen cruciferous veggies in the air fryer.
How to cook frozen broccoli in an air fryer?
To cook frozen broccoli in the air fryer, start by preheating your air fryer to 400°F (204°C) for a roasted finish. If you want to avoid browning, set the temperature to 300°F (149°C). Then, air fry your frozen broccoli florets for 8-12 minutes, adjusting the cooking time based on the amount of broccoli.
How long does it take to air fry frozen broccoli?
Generally, it will take 10-12 minutes to air fry a single layer of frozen broccoli in a preheated air fryer at 400°F (204°C). Cooking time will vary depending on the amount of servings you are making. If you want a golden brown finish, add 2-4 minutes.
How to roast frozen broccoli in the air fryer?
To roast frozen broccoli in the air fryer, it is recommended to cook it at the highest possible temperature, which is usually 400°F or 204°C, for 8-10 minutes. If you prefer a more roasted finish, you can add 2-4 minutes of cooking time to achieve that beautiful caramelization.
Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli Recipe +Video
- 1 pound frozen broccoli florets 450 grams
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (204°C).
- Season the frozen broccoli florets with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and crushed red pepper flakes in a large mixing bowl. Toss with a spatula until evenly coated.
- Air fry frozen broccoli for 10-12 minutes until tender and slightly golden. For even cooking, arrange your frozen broccoli florets in a single layer.
- Finally, serve your air fryer frozen broccoli as a side dish for any protein! Enjoy!
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400°F (204°C) and then let it cook for 4-5 minutes without food.
- Reduce the cooking temperature to 380°F (193°C) if you’re using a 4-quart air fryer or smaller. They generate more heat because of the heating element’s proximity to the food.
- Roasted to Perfection – For a caramelized golden brown finish cook the broccoli for an additional 2-4 minutes.
- Minimize Browning – If you want to minimize browning with your cruciferous vegetables, lower the heat to 300°F (149°C).
- I used a 6-quart Instant Pot Vortex Plus to test the air fryer frozen broccoli recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
- Water may accumulate in your air fryer basket. Remove the roasted broccoli with non-abrasive tong then, dump the water in the sink.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried the frozen broccoli air fryer recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!