You should try this Parmesan Brussels Sprouts Air Fryer Recipe (with garlic). It’s a tasty vegetable side dish, that’s super easy to make. 😋 Fry it, to believe it!
Making roasted brussels sprouts with parmesan is quite similar to how I make homemade croutons—which are also really good. So much better than store-bought ones.
Sorry, I digress.
Even though it’s simple, it took several tries to get the flavor I wanted.
Don’t worry. You don’t have to jump through the same hoops. Just follow this recipe, and you’ll be golden!
🍀 Win-Win! The main reason we develop recipes is to ensure you have it easy. And if you like how it turned out, share it with your friends and family.
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan Recipe Ingredients
- ASMR Recipe Video: Parmesan Crusted Brussels Sprouts
- How to Cook Parmesan Brussels Sprouts in an Air Fryer?
- What Goes Well with Air Fryer Parmesan Brussels Sprouts?
- Health Benefits of Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan FAQs
- Effortless Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make the Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts air fryer recipe.
- Brussels sprouts
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
Baby Brussels sprouts will work too. Better yet? You don’t have to cut it in half. In other words, it’s more effortless, so why not?
That being said, medium-to-large-size Brussels sprouts will work best for this recipe. Cutting them in half will allow you to incorporate more flavor.
Simultaneously, we also tried this with frozen Brussels sprouts; you can check it out here.
ASMR Recipe Video: Parmesan Crusted Brussels Sprouts
Don’t have time to read?
Here’s how you can make the roasted air fryer Brussels sprouts with parmesan, ASMR style.
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Cook Parmesan Brussels Sprouts in an Air Fryer?
I made a mistake the first time I made the Air Fryer Parmesan Brussels Sprouts. I added large minced garlic instead of crushing it. It ended up slipping through the holes of the air fryer basket. The flavor did not incorporate at all.
💡Pro Tip: Mince your garlic into tiny bits or better yet crush it for a more garlicky flavor. And don’t forget to line your air fryer basket with parchment paper.
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC) for 5 minutes.
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it cook for 5 minutes.
Alternatively, you can skip this step by gradually incrementing your cooking time until you achieve your desired finish.
2. Cut the Brussels sprouts in half.
💡Pro Tip: To make your cruciferous vegetables extra tender, soak them in warm tap water for 10 minutes. Drain before seasoning.
3. Season the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, pepper, crushed garlic, and loads of parmesan cheese.
“Don’t add too much parmesan,” says no one ever.
Jokes aside, if you want parmesan-crusted Brussels sprouts, you must add lots and lots of parmesan cheese.
We’re adding even more parmesan cheese after we flip those small cruciferous vegetables cut-side up later!
4. Air fry the Brussels sprouts for 12-15 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC).
Once you’re done seasoning the Brussels sprouts generously, place them in the preheated air fryer (with liner).
I forget to add an air fryer liner the first time I made this recipe. Hence, the picture above.
Air fry your Brussels sprouts for 12-15 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC).
Then, flip the roasted Brussels sprouts cut-side up after 6-8 minutes. Add more parmesan cheese to crust them up properly.
Here’s how it will look like when it’s done:
Honestly, I didn’t expect it to turn out so good!
📝 Note: I used a 6-quart air fryer to make this recipe. Cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time. Continue air frying until you achieve your desired finish.
5. Serve hot and enjoy!
That’s how you make an Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan Cheese. It’s super quick and easy, right?
Some parmesan cheese might have fallen through the basket holes of your air fryer (if you didn’t use an air fryer liner). Don’t throw them out! Garnish those cheese crisps on your air-fried garlic parmesan Brussels sprouts.
What Goes Well with Air Fryer Parmesan Brussels Sprouts?
Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts will be perfect with any main meat dish, such as salmon, pork chops, or grilled chicken.
Health Benefits of Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts have lots of health benefits. For one, it’s rich in nutrients such as protein, fiber, vitamin K, and vitamin C, according to USDA.
In other words, it’s suitable for any type of diet — especially considering it’s easy to incorporate with different dishes.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan FAQs
Can you make parmesan Brussels sprouts in an air fryer?
Yes, you can make parmesan Brussels sprouts in the air fryer. Based on our tests, cooking parmesan Brussels sprouts will take about 12-15 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC).
Effortless Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC) for 5 minutes.
- Trim the remaining stem of the Brussels sprouts, remove leaves with discoloration, and cut them in half.
- In a large bowl, season the Brussels sprouts with the olive oil, salt, black pepper, crushed garlic, and ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese. Mix until evenly coated.
- Add a liner to your air fryer basket then cook the Brussels sprouts at 400ºF (204ºC) for 12 – 15 minutes. After 6-8 minutes flip them cut-side up, then add the remaining parmesan cheese. Cook until golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it cook for 5 minutes.
- You can also skip preheating by adding 3-5 minutes to your cooking time. Increment cooking time gradually, to prevent your Brussels sprouts from burning.
- Medium-to-large-size Brussels sprouts will work best for this recipe. Cutting them in half will allow you to incorporate more flavor.
- If you prefer smaller Brussels sprouts, slicing them is optional, as they will shrink further during air frying.
- Don’t forget to add an air fryer liner. This will prevent your seasoning from falling into the holes of your air fryer basket.
- Caramelizing your Brussels sprout tones down their bitterness. Cooking them for longer at high temperatures brings out their natural sugar content.
- If you want your Brussels sprouts to be more tender on the inside, soak them in warm water for 10 minutes before seasoning them.
- On the other hand if you want an extra crispy Brussels sprouts, continue air frying for 3-5 minutes. Add cooking time gradually to prevent burning your cruciferous vegetables.
- Use crushed garlic, garlic paste or finely mince your garlic. It will stick to the Brussels sprouts and incorporate more flavor.
- I used a 6-quart air fryer to make this Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Parmesan recipe. Cooking time may vary depending on the size and brand of your air fryer. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Click here to go back to detailed step-by-step instructions ↑.
Have you tried making the Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Are you on Instagram? Share your photo and tag us at @fryitco. We can’t wait to see what you’ve made!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
You can also find us on Facebook & Tiktok 🙂. See you there!
Thank you for your support!