This Air Fryer Broccoli Parmesan recipe will transform your humble florets into savory, cheesy, and crispy delights that’s bound to win over even the most skeptical palates! 🤩 Fry it, to believe it!
Take a look at those lovely cheesy crust!
If you’re not a big fan of this cruciferous vegetable, this Air Fryer Broccoli Parmesan recipe will surely change your mind.
What I like about air fryer roasted broccoli is the added crunchiness. The crispy, savory florets taste like no other. While you can achieve a similar result by baking your broccoli, the air fryer allows you to cook it in record time.
Squeeze in some lemon juice, and you’ve got the perfect healthy side dish that will complement roasted pork, beef, chicken or fish.
🥦 Bonus: I’ll also share a tip on how to achieve the perfect doneness for your broccoli at the end of the instructions.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Broccoli Parmesan
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this air fried Parmesan broccoli side dish.
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
Having fresh lemon juice on-hand is another fantastic addition! The combination of lemon and broccoli is a match made in heaven, so be sure to keep a lemon nearby if you want to add a touch of refreshing citrus brightness to your roasted broccoli!
Parmesan Broccoli Air Fryer Recipe Video
Don’t have time to read? We made this short recipe video just for you. 😉
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Cook Broccoli Parmesan in the Air Fryer?
Air frying Parmesan-crusted broccoli is quick and easy. After seasoning your florets, you only need six minutes or less to achieve a perfectly crispy texture and golden-brown crust.
1. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (204°C).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it cook for 5 minutes without food.
🚨 Important: Reduce the cooking temperature to 380°F (193°C) if you’re using a 4-quart air fryer or smaller. They are hotter due to the heating element being closer to the food.
2. Cut the broccoli head into florets.
After thoroughly washing the broccoli head, cut it into florets. The stem of the broccoli is also edible, you just need to peel the tough outer layer.
3. Season the broccoli florets.
In a large bowl, toss the broccoli florets with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, ensuring that the broccoli is evenly coated with the olive oil.
Next, add the grated Parmesan cheese and continue mixing until the cheese is well distributed throughout the broccoli.
4. Air fry broccoli Parmesan for 5-6 minutes until slightly golden.
Now, carefully add those seasoned broccoli florets into the air fryer and roast them for 5-6 minutes or until you reach your desired browning and texture.
😋 Flavor Booster: Add more grated parmesan cheese if desired. The cheesier, the better.
I used a 6-quart air fryer to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
5. Serve your air fried broccoli Parmesan side dish. Enjoy!
That’s how you make Air Fryer Parmesan Broccoli in under 10 minutes!
It’s a simple yet tasty vegetable side dish that pairs well with roasted, salmon chicken, pork, or beef.
You can grate more Parmesan on top, or as mentioned above, you can’t go wrong with a squeeze of lemon juice. Yum! 😋
If you don’t want the extra calorie, try our simple air fryer roasted broccoli.
Recommended Cooking Time & Temperature
Fresh broccoli, when cooked properly, are sweet, nutty, and complements any dish. Here are some suggested cooking time and temperature and tips to help you achieve the perfect air fryer roasted broccoli.
|Al Dente||400°F (204°C)||5-6 minutes||N/A|
|Perfectly Roasted||400°F (204°C)||6-8 minutes||N/A|
|Soft & Tender||400°F (204°C)||5-6 minutes||Soak in warm tap water for 10 minutes before seasoning|
|Minimize Browning||350°F (177°C)||10-12 minutes||N/A|
Al Dente – For an al dente or crunchy texture, air fry for 5 to 6 minutes or until the Broccoli becomes slightly tender and lightly browned.
Perfectly Roasted – To make it more crispy, cook for another 2-3 minutes until the little broccoli heads deep golden brown. The extra crispiness and caramelization adds a depth of flavor to this already tasty side dish.
Soft & Tender – If you want your broccoli to be soft and tender, soak them in warm water for 10 minutes before seasoning and air frying.
Minimize Browning – Finally, if you want to minimize browning with your cruciferous vegetables, lower the heat to 350°F (177°C) and air fry them for 10-12 minutes.
Broccoli Parmesan in the Air Fryer FAQs
Can you air fry broccoli Parmesan?
Yes, you can air fry broccoli Parmesan. It will take you 5-6 minutes to roast it in the air fryer.
How to air fry frozen broccoli Parmesan?
To air fry frozen broccoli Parmesan, first preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C). Then place a single layer of frozen broccoli Parmesan and cook them for 10-12 minutes. If you don’t want any browning, reduce the heat to 350°F (177°C).
Easy Air Fryer Broccoli Parmesan Recipe (+Video)
- 1 pound broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (204°C). If your air fryer has a capacity of 4-quarts or smaller, please see note for more info.
- Wash the broccoli head and cut it into florets. You can also peel and chop the broccoli stem if you prefer.
- Season the broccoli florets: In a large bowl, toss the broccoli florets with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Make sure the broccoli is evenly coated with the olive oil first before adding the spices. Lastly, add the grated Parmesan cheese and continue mixing until the cheese is well distributed.
- Air fry broccoli parmesan for 5-6 minutes, until lightly browned and the cheese is melted. Arrange them in a single layer for even cooking. No need to flip.
- Serve and enjoy your beautifully roasted air fryer broccoli Parmesan! It pairs really well with a variety of main dishes or can be enjoyed as a tasty and nutritious standalone snack.
- For smaller air fryers (4-quart and below), reduce the cooking temperature to 380°F (193°C). They are hotter due to the heating element being closer to the food.
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating option, you can set the temperature to 400°F (200°C) and then let it cook for 4-5 minutes without food.
- The stem of the broccoli is also edible. Peel it, then once you get to the soft core, cut them into thin rounds.
- Al Dente – To achieve an al dente or crunchy texture, air fry the broccoli for 5 to 6 minutes or until it becomes slightly tender and lightly browned.
- Roasted to Perfection – To achieve extra crispiness and a deeper flavor, cook the broccoli for an additional 2-3 minutes until the florets are a deep golden brown. This will enhance the natural sweetness and make this already delicious side dish even more irresistible.
- Soft & Tender – If you want your broccoli to be soft and tender, soak them in warm water for 10 minutes before seasoning and air frying.
- Minimize Browning – Finally, if you want to minimize browning with your cruciferous vegetables, lower the heat to 350°F (177°C) and air fry them for 10-12 minutes.
- I used a 6-quart Instant Pot Vortex Plus to test the Air Fryer Broccoli Parmesan recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making the air fryer parmesan broccoli recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!