Your taste buds are in for a treat with this umami-rich Asian Brussels Sprouts Air Fryer recipe! Fry it to believe it!
Inspired by Chinese honey garlic chicken, these Air Fryer Asian Brussels Sprouts are far from a boring plate of vegetables.
Each sprout is coated in honey garlic deliciousness, a true level-up for the humble Brussels sprout!
The ingredients are simple and you most likely have all of them in your pantry!
- Asian Brussels Sprouts Air Fryer Recipe Ingredients
- ASMR Recipe Video: Air Fried Asian Style Brussels Sprouts
- How to Cook Asian Brussels Sprouts in an Air Fryer?
- What goes well with Asian Style Brussels Sprouts?
- Freezing & Storage
- Air Fryer Asian Brussels Sprouts Recipe FAQs
- Easy Air Fryer Asian Brussels Sprouts
Asian Brussels Sprouts Air Fryer Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make the Asian-Style Brussels Sprouts.
- Brussels sprouts
- Neutral cooking oil, like canola or vegetable
- Soy sauce
- Red pepper flakes
📣 You can find the exact measurements and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card down below.
😋 More Tasty Brussels Sprouts Recipes
ASMR Recipe Video: Air Fried Asian Style Brussels Sprouts
Don’t have time to read? Watch this quick recipe video.
*You can find the exact amount of ingredients and adjust the number of servings in the recipe card below.
How to Cook Asian Brussels Sprouts in an Air Fryer?
Air frying Brussels Sprouts is fast and easy, leaving you time and energy to make the honey ginger garlic sauce! Trust me, this sauce is totally worth it.
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC).
If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat mode, you can simply set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it run for 5 minutes.
You may also skip preheating by adding 2-5 minutes to your cooking time until you achieve your desired finish.
2. Slice the Brussels sprouts in half.
Prepare the Brussels sprouts by first washing them and peeling off any dry or damaged exterior leaves. Then, remove the hard stem and finally, cut the sprouts in half lengthwise. Add your halved Brussels sprouts to a bowl.
3. Drizzle the Brussels sprouts with cooking or olive oil.
Drizzle your bowl of cruciferous vegetable with about 2 teaspoons of neutral cooking oil and toss with tongs to coat the sprouts evenly. No need to add salt, the soy sauce in the honey garlic sauce seasons this dish plenty!
4. Air fry the Brussels sprouts for 12-15 minutes.
When the air fryer is fully preheated, add the sprouts and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until they are browned around the edges and fully cooked, tossing halfway through (about 7 mins in).
📝 Note: I used a 6-quart air fryer to test this recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
5. Make the honey garlic sauce.
When the sprouts are done cooking, add back to their original bowl and set aside while you make the sauce. In a small saucepan, combine the honey, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and red pepper flakes.
Bring mixture to a boil then lower to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced by about ⅔, about 15-20 minutes. Sauce should be thick and sticky.
💡 Pro Tip: It’s not ideal to air fry the Brussels sprouts with the sauce. It will just drip to the bottom of the air fryer basket, and the high cooking temperature will burn the honey.
6. Coat the Brussels sprouts with honey garlic.
Toss Brussels sprouts with the thickened honey garlic sauce and transfer to a plate to serve.
7. Serve & enjoy!
Now, that’s a proper Air Fryer Asian Brussels Sprouts!
😋 Flavor Booster: For an elevated presentation, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds! Enjoy!
What goes well with Asian Style Brussels Sprouts?
These sprouts would go really well with some lightly-seasoned baked salmon or bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs! Keeping the seasoning of your protein simple will allow the flavor of the sprouts to shine.
You could also double the sauce recipe, so you have enough for the sprouts and whatever you cook with it! Double the sauce means double the YUM!
If you like the asian-style Brussels sprouts, you might also want to give these recipes a try.
Or you can also check more air fried Brussels sprouts recipes.
Freezing & Storage
Freezing: We do not recommend freezing this recipe, as it would likely result in very mushy Brussels sprouts when reheated.
Fridge: This dish will last in the fridge for about 5 days.
Reheating: To reheat, either microwave or heat quickly in a frying pan over medium heat, just until the sprouts are reheated fully.
Air Fryer Asian Brussels Sprouts Recipe FAQs
How to air fry Asian style Brussels sprouts?
To make Asian-Style Brussels sprouts, first air fry your sprouts for 12-15 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC). Then, coat it with honey-garlic sauce. See full directions.
Easy Air Fryer Asian Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts halved
- 2 teaspoons neutral cooking oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (204°C) for 5 minutes.
- Then, prepare the Brussels sprouts. Begin by washing them, trimming the stem, and cutting them in half.
- In a large bowl, drizzle the cooking oil over Brussels sprouts. No salt or pepper! Mix by hand to make sure that the vegetables are fully coated with the oil.
- Air fry the Brussels sprouts for 12-15 minutes at 400ºF (204ºC). Flip them halfway for an even golden brown finish.
- Whilst air frying, make the honey garlic sauce. In a small saucepan, combine the following ingredients: honey, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to simmer. Simmer for 15 – 20 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Then, transfer the sauce onto a large bowl.
- Coat the Brussels sprouts with honey garlic. After air frying, transfer the air fried sprouts into the large bowl that contains the sauce. Using tongs, toss the Brussels sprouts around to incorporate the honey garlic flavor.
- Serve and enjoy your Asian-style Brussels sprouts!
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat mode, you can simply set the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and then let it cook for 5 minutes.
- You can skip preheating by adding 2-4 minutes to your cooking time. To prevent your dish from burning, check it every 1-2 minutes.
- Medium-to-large-size Brussels sprouts will work best for this recipe. Cutting them in half will allow you to incorporate more flavor.
- To make it crispy: Air fry the Brussels sprouts for 2-4 minutes or more until the outer layer turns deep golden brown.
- For a softer texture: Soak your Brussels sprouts in warm tap water before coating them with seasonings. Drain before doing so.
- To give it a more spicy kick, change the chili pepper flakes to twice or thrice the amount (according to your liking). By doing so, you’ll have yourself sweet and spicy Brussels sprouts!
- It’s not ideal to air fry with a significant amount of liquid so we have to cook the sauce separately.
- Instead of coating with honey garlic sauce, you can also serve it as a dip.
- I used a 6-quart air fryer to test the Asian Brussels sprouts air fryer recipe. Cooking time and temperature may vary depending on your air fryer and the number of servings you are making. For optimal results, begin with the lower end of the suggested cooking time.
Share or save this recipe for later:
Have you tried making the [keyword] recipe?
Leave us a note, and give this recipe a star rating. Good or bad, we appreciate your opinion. Let’s improve this air fryer recipe as a community!
Or you can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel. We’re constantly uploading easy and tasty air fryer recipe videos, ASMR style.
Thank you for your support!